You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

To be honest, it's really far too much to hope for for The Mancs to drop more points on the bounce tomorrow against a rapidly fading side at Old Trafford. But then again, as Istanbul and the road to it proved, sometimes mad fucking shit happens in football; the type of stuff that statistics and science and logic cannot explain. So that's a big "Come on Villa!!!" from me, too.

To be honest, it's really far too much to hope for for The Mancs to drop more points on the bounce tomorrow against a rapidly fading side at Old Trafford. But then again, as Istanbul and the road to it proved, sometimes mad fucking shit happens in football; the type of stuff that statistics and science and logic cannot explain. So that's a big "Come on Villa!!!" from me, too.

I was certain we would score today. I felt a bit daft at the end of 90 mins, when we had hit the woodwork 3 times, but when they said 4 mins added on I sent a text to my mate saying "this is it" and then we scored. United will not like this. A draw and they are still behind us. Obviously they have the best position, but a few weeks ago, it was in the bag.

Paddy Power paid out on the mancs right? What happens there betfans?

They did indeed. They done the same thing when arsenal caught up with them 10 years ago.

I really fucking hope more than anything in the entire world that we can do this. I'm fucking praying every day for this.

There's something in the air alright. Can't explain it, but there is something happening as you say.

That's Phil Collins.

Arsenal will have a big say in the outcome of the title, as will their local rivals. We just have to keep winning.

If at the end we wasn't quite good enough, so be it, but we have to give it everything.

I was certain we would score today. I felt a bit daft at the end of 90 mins, when we had hit the woodwork 3 times, but when they said 4 mins added on I sent a text to my mate saying "this is it" and then we scored. United will not like this. A draw and they are still behind us. Obviously they have the best position, but a few weeks ago, it was in the bag.

I had the same feeling. It was bound to happen.

Rafa Benitez warned his players to remain calm after they returned to top spot with a dramatic 1-0 win at Fulham.

Yossi Benayoun sent the Reds two points clear of Manchester United with a goal deep into injury time.

The strike prompted rounds of 'We're gonna win the league' from the travelling Kop, who had watched in frustration as their side hit the woodwork four times.

Despite his own evident joy from the sidelines, Benitez knows United can regain the lead if they win the first of two games in hand at home to Aston Villa on Sunday.

He said: "Hopefully we can keep the fans happy until the end.

"As a manager you have to be calm and leave the fans to enjoy. There are still a lot of games left.

"I haven't seen (my reaction) back yet but I am calm. It was a very important goal at a crucial time."

It was the 11th time Liverpool have scored in the dying moments of games this season - a stat Benitez credits to his staff.

He said: "You never say, 'Oh we're going to score in the last minute.' But we always talk about having to keep going until the end.

"The belief, the confidence and quality of the players is good. Physically the team is good thanks to the staff.

"Everyone is pushing - Sammy Lee, Mauricio Pellegrino and Xavi Valero. They are giving the players belief.

"When we decided the 11 starters today it was really difficult. Mascherano was late back from internationals, some players were tired and we had some problems with Benayoun. But the 11 players played really well in the first half, and after the substitutions in the second half it was the same. This shows the quality of the squad."

On how important Benayoun's goal could prove, Benitez added: "You never know how important it will be - hopefully it will be the most important of the season if we win the title.

"We worked so hard, played well and deserved to win. It was important for the fans and the main thing was the belief in the team.

"I always had confidence because we were playing well. The message at half time was to keep doing the same and you'll score.

"I think it's really important not only because it keeps United under pressure, but also for us. It will still be difficult but we are winning games and we have a lot of confidence now.

"But the winning mentality is to do things not say things, and we want to do things."

Asked if he will be watching United's clash with Villa on Sunday, Benitez added: "Yes, maybe, but I will not have any influence on the game so I will be relaxed with the family."

Meanwhile, Benitez revealed Benayoun had been struggling with a calf injury sustained on international duty and so was available only as a sub.

The Israeli is expected to be fit for Wednesday's Champions League clash with Chelsea.

RAFA: WE MUST KEEP CALM

I think arse are going to have a massive say in the title race now as they have to play both us and filth. filth have some easy on paper games coming up. I mean who can see sunderland even taking a point off them? They look as doomed as newcastle almost.

Tonight's result was great and puts the pressure on filth but lets not forget they've been here many times before.

Fingers crossed villa can get something but its still going to be very, very tight at the top.

contemplate

v., -plat·ed, -plat·ing, -plates.

v.tr.

To look at attentively and thoughtfully. See synonyms at see1.

To consider carefully and at length; meditate on or ponder: contemplated the problem from all sides; contemplated the mystery of God.

To have in mind as an intention or possibility: contemplate marriage; forced by the accident to contemplate retirement.