You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ultimate Beer Thread (No Carling allowed)

ISeeRed

Beer merchants emailed me advertising their advent calendar, £91. For the same money I could buy 3 of their mystery boxes (provided they were in stock). 

Shit like this is why I dont really bother with advent calendars, I get this one might be slightly better quality and have a longer shelf date but how much is added on for the marketing? If there is a decent offer for one in January maybe I'll pull the trigger. 

10 hours ago, Remmie said:

Beer merchants emailed me advertising their advent calendar, £91. For the same money I could buy 3 of their mystery boxes (provided they were in stock). 

Shit like this is why I dont really bother with advent calendars, I get this one might be slightly better quality and have a longer shelf date but how much is added on for the marketing? If there is a decent offer for one in January maybe I'll pull the trigger. 

I got a 30 quid voucher for Tiny Rebel for my birthday so got their one this year.

You can usually get the brew dog one early December at a decent discount too. Think you have to be signed up for the newsletter, you get a lot of their regulars in it usually though.

On 08/11/2022 at 13:55, RJ Fan club said:

Excuse the mess behind, here’s pretty much one of everything I got, aside from a Lervik pils, 

39701C83-574F-4E91-9FB1-83CC37134845.jpeg

The can of Faith makes me laugh, i got one of them too. It was like they didn't quite have enough beer to go round, so someone ran to Tescos to top every box up! 

I am currently drinking this little number. The bird in the bar gave me a taster before my last pint and told me they could only serve a half (US). Then when I was ready I asked her mate and he without asking poured a pint. I can feel myself getting more smashed as it goes on! It's a belter. Way too easy to drink for the strength. 

Screenshot_2022-11-11-21-10-59-56_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Upvote 3

Just got my latest box. A bit disappointed to be honest, 12 dupes, when normally I only get a couple.

The only interesting one I haven't had is the Beak one but it's supposed to be super liquorice-y and I am not a fan of liquorice. We'll see. Not drinking until Thanksgiving, so I'll get through some of them then. 

The addition of a free glass is pointless! 

16685230893287165705704486904474.jpg

1 hour ago, sh#t waffle said:

Hmmmm, that looks even worse than the one I got! I keep trying to tell myself that it's still brilliant value (even the Northern Monk ones are £3 a can at Tesco), but feels so disappointing next to the first couple I received. 

Yeah, had some top notch ones in my first couple of boxes, this is just a bit meh.

On 10/11/2022 at 16:23, TheBitch said:

I’ve just put an order in for the Vocation Naughty and Nice selection box. 

As I was perusing the site I realised how they just don’t really add much selection these days and that’s why I rarely if ever buy from them any more. 

Are the Naughty and Nice stouts good? Totally agree they've not done much interesting stuff recently, so I've not ordered from them in ages either...

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2022 at 14:39, Red_or_Dead said:

Just got my latest box. A bit disappointed to be honest, 12 dupes, when normally I only get a couple.

The only interesting one I haven't had is the Beak one but it's supposed to be super liquorice-y and I am not a fan of liquorice. We'll see. Not drinking until Thanksgiving, so I'll get through some of them then. 

The addition of a free glass is pointless! 

16685230893287165705704486904474.jpg

Have you drained both Bollekes yet?

On 23/11/2022 at 20:08, Red_or_Dead said:

Apart from tomorrow I'm not drinking until the proper football returns but,I just got my Christmas beers. 

IMG_20221123_200315.jpg

I've got this to enjoy. 

IMG20221125121339.jpg

I was away in the US last week working, but plenty of boozing to be had too. My time was split between Chicago and New York. What a city for beer Chicago is. There's an absolutely belting choice everywhere, from the shittest little corner bar, to hotel bars and everything in between. New York is decent, better than London I'd say, but neither are a patch on Chicago. 

• Upvote 1

On 26/11/2022 at 20:59, Barrington Womble said:

I've just had this pop up as an advert on sale... No idea about quality or value! But maybe worth a look if you've used them before as it's 75 quid reduced from 150. 

https://biercompany.co.uk/products/world-cup-beer-box?utm_source=Untappd&utm_medium=InAppPromo&utm_campaign=2022-11-WorldCup

They are ok but not that amazing, I had a box off them reduced after the euros. The RRP is fucking ridiculous. 

Edit: I reckon they invest heavily in marketing, the box was really nice quality and they had some delicious beer snack crisps all with nice graphic design on it. Shame some of the beers were really dull. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...