You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

Royal Family

At what point do we really start to get worried? I'm hoping his form is all a reaction to the injuries, but then should he even be playing when he's desperately short of fitness and pace (he's looked knackered all season which is more to the Euros than hamstring?)? He's a shadow of the player he was last year: my underlying worry is whether his pace is going to come back, because he's nothing without that explosive first few steps. Or is it second season syndrome and have defenders have wised up to him?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be fine. He's still settling back in. It probably doesn't help that all of the teams that he's played against have all sat back really deep. Of all the things at Liverpool that there are to be worried about, Torres finding his form again is not the one that I'm overly concerned about, although if he did, it would be a big boon to us.

At what point do the media (& the small subsection of our fans) admit that sports science is right & their old-fashioned views were worng & Torres is crocked this season because he was over-played last year?

At what point do we realise that the short-pressure that Rafa was put under by our Board was responsible?

At what point do we stop doing the same now to Rafa (or any other manager for that matter)?

Short-termism doesn;'t work.

Torres was over-played last year & still there is moaning on this board taht he didnt play against Pompey last year.

At what point do we recive a "mea culpa" from the anti-rotationists?

Unfortuantely i reckon we'll wait a very long time.

He won't have a record breaking season this year, and thats for one very good reason, he's fucked.

If Keane wasn't so shite/was played abit more often when we needed a win, I'd be more than happy in saying to Nando 'Keep yourself fit, and we'll play you when we really need you'.

At what point do we really start to get worried? I'm hoping his form is all a reaction to the injuries, but then should he even be playing when he's desperately short of fitness and pace (he's looked knackered all season which is more to the Euros than hamstring?)? He's a shadow of the player he was last year: my underlying worry is whether his pace is going to come back, because he's nothing without that explosive first few steps. Or is it second season syndrome and have defenders have wised up to him?

He's been out a long time and its going to take a while to hit form. I dont think he's been found out, just not up to pace yet.

But its certainly a problem that him, Keane and Kuyt have all forgotten what the goal looks like.

Is it me or is his first touch gone to shite? He's never done getting the ball caught under his feet this season. I for one am getting slightly worried.

It's always been poor, it was exactly the same last year. He gives the ball away far, far more than Kuyt.

And I'll never know where all this "works hard for the team"-stuff comes from.

Still ace though. But boy does he have limitations.

He's been seriously poor recently. His touch is not his greatest asset at the best of times, but he couldn't trap a bag of cement last night.

That said, it doesn't help that the pressure is always on him and Gerrard to conjure something out of nothing, due, in the main, to the cautious tactics and atrocious movment of others around him, and that leads to a lack of composure and rushing things.

In fact, composure is something the team lacks in spades.

I have to say i am beginning to worry. I know he has just come back from injury but to me he is showing glimpses of Owen. From what i have seen he doesn't look himself he doesn't seem to be going all out like normal. I really hope he improves and im sure he will but I'm thinking it's gonna take a while. And we don't have time we need to start winning game's I really hope him and Keane start against the chav's. And they both lay my mind to rest.

we need to find room for Keane, he is fresher

I'd play Gerrard on the right and Torres and Keane up front

But then we'd draw a game and it'd be Benitez out, he broke up THE partnership.

We get "Benitez out, Babel's a striker FFS. play him there". So he plays Babel up front yersterday and we get. "Benitez out, he played Babel up front and didn't bring on Keane instead".

Anyhow, SG wouldn't hold his position on the wing and the way teams are playing against us these days that would be too easy to exploit.

Aldo was talking about this in City last night. Reckons it may be that he is protecting his hamstring and not giving it his all as a result... i.e. scared he will pull something again.

He said he didn't look right, but no one in the team looks right. Torres doesn't look any different to what he did near the start of the season either imo, he hasn't had half the service he had last year. Sunderland at the start of the season, no service and he looked shite cause of it. I haven't seen him set up too many times this season, I think Preston and Everton games come to mind but thats all.

I think a lot of them have lost faith in the manager, or they have AIDS.

Reading this thread makes you wonder who the fuck made up the line 'most knowledgeable fans in the country'.

If that is the case then all the fucking village idiots meet in here then.

Torres has just come back from an injury lay off, previous to then he had fuck all in the way of rest from last season thanks to Spain winning the European Championship.

He is bound to be rusty and after the injuries concerning his hamstring he is more then likely going to be cautious of exploding out of the blocks until he is fully satisfied that the injury is completely healed.

Not a shadow of the player he was, second season syndrome. I fucking despair at times.

Reading this thread makes you wonder who the fuck made up the line 'most knowledgeable fans in the country'.

If that is the case then all the fucking village idiots meet in here then.

Torres has just come back from an injury lay off, previous to then he had fuck all in the way of rest from last season thanks to Spain winning the European Championship.

He is bound to be rusty and after the injuries concerning his hamstring he is more then likely going to be cautious of exploding out of the blocks until he is fully satisfied that the injury is completely healed.

Not a shadow of the player he was, second season syndrome. I fucking despair at times.

Then the Question is... Should he be really starting games while he is so rusty?

Then the Question is... Should he be really starting games while he is so rusty?

He didn't start games when he was first back, this is the final stages. I fully expect Nando to bang in at least 10 more before the season is out. You don't lose what he's got.