You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brownie, absolutely spot on. I'm absolutely fed up of the whining little shits who are more interested in their particular poster boys than the good of the club. Dave (and I dare say you and I) has an opinion about Rafa based on more than fan worship.

I love watching people whine about people who support Rafa jumping on them, yet are busy doing the same in their own posts. It really does make me laugh.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love watching people whine about people who support Rafa jumping on them, yet are busy doing the same in their own posts. It really does make me laugh.

Not as much as I enjoy laughing at the people who point out that those who whinge at the people who whinge at Rafa are actually whinging as well.

Or something.

I'm not very comfortable with the situation at all. Rafa is obviously siding with Hicks because he wants a new contract and more control etc but on the flipside that means Ian Ayres in, Hicks in full control, Alonso sold with Barry replacing him, supplemented by Emile Heskey up front.

I think i'm gonna be sick.

meanwhile 'Arry is putting offers of £14m for Bellamy, I love the way you assume a new manager would be exactly in line with what you want. most of them are a lot worse than Rafa when it comes to buying players (remember GH?!)

Oh yeah, and go back to Dave's original posts. Despite the fact he doesn't point the finger at Benitez for the GB article and states that in his post, look at the posts following it from the people who don't like Rafa. They put the boot in anyway. But it's always the pro-Benitez brigade, eh Stringvest. Yeah, right.

meanwhile 'Arry is putting offers of £14m for Bellamy, I love the way you assume a new manager would be exactly in line with what you want. most of them are a lot worse than Rafa when it comes to buying players

I wouldn't expect a manager to do everything I want, and i'm not arrogant enough to complain if he doesn't. Emile Heskey though, is totally different. As is potentially selling your player of the year and replacing him with an older one who's never played in the CL.

As for Bellamy, Rafa's already actually done what 'Arry was proposing so I don't get your point.

I'm not very comfortable with the situation at all. Rafa is obviously siding with Hicks because he wants a new contract and more control etc but on the flipside that means Ian Ayres in, Hicks in full control, Alonso sold with Barry replacing him, supplemented by Emile Heskey up front.

I think i'm gonna be sick.

I'm not sure he'll sell Alonso, he may still bring in Barry if Villa miss out on champions league but after the way Alonso has performed this season I would hope he will stay. Heskey didn't do anything to warrant a move back here and if this Kuwait deal comes off then hopefully we can look higher up the market.

While at one time transfers were simple easily arranged affairs. You offered £3million and if it was accepted bingo you had a new player, today transfers are much more complex, you have to take into account exchange rates, image rights,contract clauses,bonuses, part payment or payment in full, and the commercial value of purchasing a player. Now while these issues will have little interest for the average fan or even Benitez they can have a huge impact on the value of a player.

i.e. buying Barry from a midlands club is hardly likely to have any great impact commercially, while buying Keane from Spurs could have a huge impact in Ireland.

Maybe Parry was more receptive to the Keane transfer because Liverpool have just opened a shop in Ireland?

I'm not sure he'll sell Alonso, he may still bring in Barry if Villa miss out on champions league but after the way Alonso has performed this season I would hope he will stay. Heskey didn't do anything to warrant a move back here and if this Kuwait deal comes off then hopefully we can look higher up the market.
He will sell Alonso.

I wouldn't expect a manager to do everything I want, and i'm not arrogant enough to complain if he doesn't. Emile Heskey though, is totally different. As is potentially selling your player of the year and replacing him with an older one who's never played in the CL.

As for Bellamy, Rafa's already actually done what 'Arry was proposing so I don't get your point.

we never paid £14m though and we got our money back!

While at one time transfers were simple easily arranged affairs. You offered £3million and if it was accepted bingo you had a new player, today transfers are much more complex, you have to take into account exchange rates, image rights,contract clauses,bonuses, part payment or payment in full, and the commercial value of purchasing a player. Now while these issues will have little interest for the average fan or even Benitez they can have a huge impact on the value of a player.

i.e. buying Barry from a midlands club is hardly likely to have any great impact commercially, while buying Keane from Spurs could have a huge impact in Ireland.

Maybe Parry was more receptive to the Keane transfer because Liverpool have just opened a shop in Ireland?

Superb lurkage.

Oh yeah, and go back to Dave's original posts. Despite the fact he doesn't point the finger at Benitez for the GB article and states that in his post, look at the posts following it from the people who don't like Rafa. They put the boot in anyway. But it's always the pro-Benitez brigade, eh Stringvest. Yeah, right.

No, not always. But usually. I'm actually not anti-Rafa. I am though anti his behaviour lately. Anyone who doesn't believe his stream of public pronouncements has not affected the performance of the team and the attitude of team members towards him is more than deluded. I don't want him sacked, but I do want him to shut the fuck up and spend his energy trying to get the team to improve, or ideally to play to somewhere near its potential. Something he hasn't managed to do all season.

Oh god, how many bastards do i count?

People here despise rafa?

People are ashamed of our football?

Yak.

The biggest set of ungrateful, kneejerk, clueless tossers iv ever met.

Rafa held this club together when the yanks were going to rip us apart with debt.

Now you despise him?

Rafa bought us the first major trophy since 1990.

Now hes a coward cunt

If mancs read this threat they would piss themselves

Yak.

PS...

YOU CLUELESS SET OF BLIND TWATS (if there is such a thing)

RAFA only wanted to get rid of XABI because he had no fucking funds

GUESS WHY

because coco had already decided that KEANE was worth 20m, whilst barry was only worth 18m IF RAFA PAID FOR 14M OF IT.

THIS IS WHY HE WANTS HIM OUT.

i swear to god, some days i think how the hell are liverpool fans so stupid

If it was rafas way in the summer, it would be barry in, keane a maybe. its pretty godamn obvious.