You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agger latest

DT

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

As I was saying

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/tm_headline=rafa-benitez-seeks-clarification-from-daniel-agger-over-future%26method=full%26objectid=22707472%26siteid=50061-name_page.html

RAFAEL BENITEZ is likely to seek further talks with Daniel Agger to clarify the Denmark international’s future intentions.

Liverpool are unhappy the centre-back’s agent was spotted in conversation with AC Milan officials this week without the Serie A side having been given consent to hold any talks.

The Anfield outfit acknowledge that Agger’s agent, Per Steffersen, could have visited Milan without the player’s permission.

Indeed, sources in Denmark yesterday indicated the latest development may ultimately amount to little more than posturing on Steffersen’s behalf.

But with Milan reportedly preparing an £8.5million bid for the 24-year-old, Liverpool manager Benitez will want to know whether Agger is contemplating a move away from Anfield.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Agger is going to develop into one of the worlds best centre backs. Skrtel is a very good defender, but Agger has so much more. Especially his use of the ball. We should be pulling out the stops to keep both of them.

Trouble is, now that his agent is playing silly buggers Rafa will revert to his "cut off your nose to spite your face" mode and Agger will find himself on the bench for the rest of the season, regardless of form.

I think Agger is going to develop into one of the worlds best centre backs. Skrtel is a very good defender, but Agger has so much more. Especially his use of the ball. We should be pulling out the stops to keep both of them.

Trouble is, now that his agent is playing silly buggers Rafa will revert to his "cut off your nose to spite your face" mode and Agger will find himself on the bench for the rest of the season, regardless of form.

I see your point, but surely now is not the time to making a point. We are challenging for the league ffs.

I honestly couldn't care less if he goes or stays tbh, he's always injured isn't he? In any event i don't see him central to our future plans, good player when fit and on form like buy hey.

Really? He's a class act and will only get better. He's got a good 10 years in him and there's no reason ,given his attacking and defensive ability , he can't be amongst the top 5 defenders in the world.

Really? He's a class act and will only get better. He's got a good 10 years in him and there's no reason ,given his attacking and defensive ability , he can't be amongst the top 5 defenders in the world.

Have to say I dont see him ever being in the top 5 best defenders in the world. He makes far too many unforced errors imo.

I see your point, but surely now is not the time to making a point. We are challenging for the league ffs.[/quote

Thats the worst part it. Rafa seems to have no problem with making his point regardless of the importance of the game. This is emphasised by how he utterly refuses to make the changes that clearly need making if games arent going our way.

Fuck Agger and his corporate hospitality touting restaurants. If he wants out, let him go but not before we make a good few bob on him. I would prefer him to stay but as Sting once said 'If you love someone, set them free'.

He also said 'Da doo doo doo, Da da da da' which I also find is pertinent to this issue.

He's always always injured, these types never truly make it, they have cheese strings for ligaments and glass for bones, very unfortunate but it's just the way it is.

I'd sacrifice transfers like Heskey to keep Jordy Brouwer at the club!

As for Agger, I'd rather we kept him, but no way would I give him 80k a week, IF that's what he's asking.

Is Sami going to be here next season? If not, I'd be happy to see us chuck a bit more cash at Agger to keep him; Agger, Carra and Skrtel would all get plenty of games unless we spend a chunk of our probably scarce transfer funds on a CB.

As for sacrificing Heskey, I'd go Inca on the motherfucker.

If it came down to there being a serious possibility that we might lose him the I say pay him the 70k. He is far too good a player to lose at this stage of his career and the price that has been quoted doesn't even come to appeasing his loss. There are still going to be quite a few earning more than the lad even if we pay him the 70k anyway.