You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fighting talk and Ian Holloway.

Fugitive

Anyone listen to Saturdays?

Ian Holloway came out with some cracking answers and admitted his total hatred for Ashley Cole and said he wanted to smash him up. Also said he'd like to borrow Linford Christie's 'Lunch box' so he could treat his wife but fears he'd 'Ruin her'.

Someone compared Harry Redknapp to Madonna because he loves buying Africans.

Quality Radio show.

fighting talk is the only radio show i make sure i listen to. Its made me see Colin Murray in a new light too, because i used to get really irritated by him, but through fighting talk i have grown to like him.

The american guy they had on last week is always a top guest.

Anyone listen to Saturdays?

Ian Holloway came out with some cracking answers and admitted his total hatred for Ashley Cole and said he wanted to smash him up. Also said he'd like to borrow Linford Christie's 'Lunch box' so he could treat his wife but fears he'd 'Ruin her'.

Someone compared Harry Redknapp to Madonna because he loves buying Africans.

Quality Radio show.

jim jeffries the aussie comedian did the redknapp gag.

second best show on the radio after Dave Monks on Radio Merseyside

• 2 years later...

Love Holloway me. He should be Sports Personality of The Year, not any of those nominations.

Speaks his mind, is aware he chats a bit of mad stuff, but doesn't care.

He has a positive outlook on life and I think that transpires through to his players. He likes football played the proper way too.

The mans a class act. You have to see his Sky Sports interview about Fifa, Uefa etc

Speaks his mind with sense.

"Platini was a good player bit I don't think he's very good at what he does. In fact he's useless and you can quote me on that. The man is useless."

Didn't he say something along the lines of the bid to host the 2018 World Cup costing England £15m to present etc.

He stated that we would have been better sticking it in a brown envelope and seeing how many votes we got then.

The mans a class act. You have to see his Sky Sports interview about Fifa, Uefa etc

Speaks his mind with sense.

"Platini was a good player bit I don't think he's very good at what he does. In fact he's useless and you can quote me on that. The man is useless."

Don't agree with that bit. Some of his rants have been cringeworthy, i was embarrassed for him during one of them.

But when he doesn't lose it totally, he does indeed speak a lot of sense.

This is getting a bit much now. I think because he was seen as a funny character that he is now trying too hard to be serious now he’s a Premiership manager. His rant about Rooney was actually a bit embarrassing “The clubs OWNS Rooney so how dare they treat Sir Alex like that!”. I think he needs to shut up now as he is starting to turn into a bit of a Roy Keane.

I like him though and he seems a lovely bloke and all that. He just needs to shut up.

My dream panel based upon past appearences in Bob Mills, John Rawling, Jim Jeffries and Steve Bunce.

Mills is also funny as fuck on it and his love for the lower leagues is boss, John Rawling is quality and has great stories and insight, Jeffries is fucked up and usually says something that could get them taken off air and Bunce usually has a meltdown and a massive rant.

It usued to be fucking brilliant when Christina O'connell hosted it.

Best episode was when Stuart hall was banned from 5live. It was mental and they still refer to the Hall incident.

The presenter, Christian O'Connell, asked the panel "What other former all-conquering nations, clubs or individuals would you like to see have a renaissance?". Stuart Hall responded "Zimbabwe", and criticised what Robert Mugabe had done to the country, saying "...don your flannels, black up, play leather on willow with Mugabe cast as a witch doctor. Imagine him out at Lords casting a curse; tincture of bat's tongues, gorilla's gonads, tiger's testicles...". Shortly afterwards, O'Connell was heard to ask studio staff "Are we still on air?"

During the same show, Hall was also asked for his opinion on sporting stars acting as role models for young people. In his response, he defended swearing by footballers suggesting that "...you can go to any school playground and learn all you want to know about oral and anal sex".

Here is some of Jim Jeffries on the show.

[YOUTUBE]r4LBkBZFurA[/YOUTUBE]

Near the end of this is brilliant... 'because sometimes you need lube'.

[YOUTUBE]pi9OOK3goag[/YOUTUBE]

Love Holloway me. He should be Sports Personality of The Year, not any of those nominations.

Speaks his mind, is aware he chats a bit of mad stuff, but doesn't care.

He has a positive outlook on life and I think that transpires through to his players. He likes football played the proper way too.

“After the game, we’re walking off the pitch. We’ve just won, 2-1. The ref’s given us a goal that was blatantly offside, so I’m absolutely elated. Neil Warnock, the Sheffield United manager, is going ballistic. Anyhow, I am shouting at Neil, as we walk off: ‘I always supported you. But now I see I was wrong. Everybody else in football is right. You are a twat.’”

In that vid above, it's great when he talks about moving Christmas to another time of the year, so he can go home and tell his turkeys they've been spared. Because their words can so easily be twisted out of context, football folk are loathe to let their guard down in front of the media and just have a laugh. It's a striking contrast, but great to see.

Didn't he say something along the lines of the bid to host the 2018 World Cup costing England £15m to present etc.

He stated that we would have been better sticking it in a brown envelope and seeing how many votes we got then.

I'd have respected him more if he'd said that before the result of the voting.

Even more if he'd have pointed out that the bid team should have taken a good look at the award criteria (especially the "legacy" bit) before pissing away all that money.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Colin Murray used tio be all right when he went to away pre season games at Wrexham.

I couldn't stand him last season and i think he's not highlighting the mjor issue as a Liverpool fan this season.

He's a BBC employee, being a Liverpool fan isn't his profession. If he speaks up, as a supposed neutral doing a job, are you going to pay his mortgage?