You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Mr Tooth, given the enmity that has existed between the different groups in this part of the world for many thousands of years, what pressing factors in particular make you feel that Armageddon is nigh this time?

When do you think an attack will be made?

Will Israel attack Iran first, or the other way round?

Will it go nuclear? When?

Any world leader is in danger of assassination, so with that given, if Obama becomes President, when do you foresee his assassination?

When do you think other nations will be dragged into this, thus tipping it from the latest instalment in an old, old, battle; to....WWIII?

What do you think people should do in light of all of this?

Does Rashid understand which side Obama is on?

Does anyone want to tell him?

“I believe that America's free market has been the engine of America's great progress. It's created a prosperity that is the envy of the world. It's led to a standard of living unmatched in history. And it has provided great rewards to the innovators and risk-takers who have made America a beacon for science, and technology, and discovery…We are all in this together. From CEOs to shareholders, from financiers to factory workers, we all have a stake in each other's success because the more Americans prosper, the more America prospers.”

— Barack Obama, New York, NY, September 17, 2007

You can hear Brown saying that can you?

“I believe that America's free market has been the engine of America's great progress. It's created a prosperity that is the envy of the world. It's led to a standard of living unmatched in history. And it has provided great rewards to the innovators and risk-takers who have made America a beacon for science, and technology, and discovery…We are all in this together. From CEOs to shareholders, from financiers to factory workers, we all have a stake in each other's success because the more Americans prosper, the more America prospers.”

— Barack Obama, New York, NY, September 17, 2007

You can hear Brown saying that can you?

and that's why he's voting to bail out banks, spy on americans and calling for national service and a hitler style youth. the man is a monster and a liar but that's hardly surprising, he's a politician

A good thread topic quite predictably hi-jacked by an awful lot of shit.

I hope Obama wins the election. However, I cannot help but think all of this global Obamamania is uncalled for. This publicity stunt in London will do him more harm than good and the great unwashed who are going to greet and wave him on are playing right into McCain's hands.

By standing on Trafalgar Square speaking triumphant rhetoric of how he wants the "special relationship" to continue, how he shares our pain every time a British soldier dies and how we thankful he is that Britain stood by America's side in their hour of need it will show excactly what his campaign has slowly become more about for the past few months - public relations.

McCain is a grumpy, wrinkly, old fart, but he has foreign policy and national security crednetials that are respected by the American electorate. He spent five years in a POW camp and has been to Iraq on numerous occasions - compare that to Obama.

I hope Obama wins the election. However, I cannot help but think all of this global Obamamania is uncalled for. This publicity stunt in London will do him more harm than good and the great unwashed who are going to greet and wave him on are playing right into McCain's hands.

By standing on Trafalgar Square speaking triumphant rhetoric of how he wants the "special relationship" to continue, how he shares our pain every time a British soldier dies and how we thankful he is that Britain stood by America's side in their hour of need it will show excactly what his campaign has slowly become more about for the past few months - public relations.

McCain is a grumpy, wrinkly, old fart, but he has foreign policy and national security crednetials that are respected by the American electorate. He spent five years in a POW camp and has been to Iraq on numerous occasions - compare that to Obama.

That's a top post.

Out of interest, what does anyone know about the full extent of his links to industry in the states? I've read a few vague things about him shying away from being in anyone's pocket, but haven't read any details.

So, Mr Tooth, given the enmity that has existed between the different groups in this part of the world for many thousands of years, what pressing factors in particular make you feel that Armageddon is nigh this time?

When do you think an attack will be made?

Will Israel attack Iran first, or the other way round?

Will it go nuclear? When?

Any world leader is in danger of assassination, so with that given, if Obama becomes President, when do you foresee his assassination?

When do you think other nations will be dragged into this, thus tipping it from the latest instalment in an old, old, battle; to....WWIII?

What do you think people should do in light of all of this?

Well I'm not a CN, I have indicated my sources but some is my informed belief and some is my informed knowledge and the rest is already pre-scripted in regard to what the UK will do etc.(I.e 'urge restraint')

1An attack will be made within a month, more likely in the next two weeks.

2Iran will be attacked by Isreal and backed by the US, the UK will likely 'urge restraint'

3 Who knows when but it will, it's hard to predict who has the biggest ego..

4 Obama will be lucky to make it to the WH and if he does he won't be in there long.

5The other nations are already aware of what is going on on an intelligence level and the lines are already drawn between who is on what side.

The oil prices prove it. They are being driven up by speculative investors who are also aware of the intel reports. Iran will close a strip of land which is used for oil exports in the immediatte aftermath of any attack, this will drive the price up further and speculators know this, if you think the price is high now, when it goes off you'll have to put a fiver in the car to start it. The whole spoilt brat western way of life is about to change. Ima sit back and watch from here now.

The main thing to watch out for is the retaliation after the attack that will draw the rest into the mire. China and Russia have a lot of interests and connections with Iran and will not tolerate such actions which threaten their own interests. China keep stum but they don't give a fuck what anyone thinks as technically, they have no citizens and their high ranked officials all think they're immortal overlords of some sort.

Isreal is desperate to get it done now before Barack gets in and it is this rash action which I believe will cause an unprecedented response. That is before you even consider the situation across the middle east in general.

As for what you can do, buy shares in oil, even at todays prices in the next five years you'll triple your money, at least. Remember how oil went up before the Iraq war as in every war in the region. This is no different. Just worse.

Any idiot who claims that the cause is: it is a refinery/supply/need to drill more/India/china/Russia have growing economies bullshit should try and justify why all these factors have come together at once and that those economies have grown 10 fold in a month, pushing our oil prices up needs to disfigure themselves with a fork.

I predicted the house price crash in the US/UK 5 YEARS ago and have been saying it consistently until it happened. I also said this would start what I call 'balancing process' that the richer countries (who are actually poorer in terms of resources of their own.) would try to resist making it a very volitile time in terms of world peace. This though has developed a lot quicker than people realise. News agencies are so clueless as to what to do they don't know how to run the 'image' of what is happening as they know there's nothing they can do to make public opinion support it after the Iraq mess. So they'd rather act dumb and 'sit' on the story until they know what to do or are 'advised' or someone comes up with a dossier or something else that might garner support for an attack.

I've tried to keep it concise and in a way that you'll all understand, apart from any spelling mistakes that is.

I really dont have a problem with most of this mate, as I do think Obama should just keep his head down while over seas.

Its the bolded part I have an issue with. Because John McCain is a POW doesn't make him a better opportunity to be the President of the United States. His foreign policy and national security credentials are rubbish in my view.

He has voted with George Bush down the line, he voted AGAINST a new GI Bill, etc etc. My point is, he really is a wrinkly old fart who is 8 years too late to try and win the White House, and the fact that because he is a POW he is a foreign policy expert is rubbish

He has no chance, Mccain, the US media won't say that though. He was a POW, what does that prove, 'Hey I got captured by the enemy with my keks round my ankles taking a dump in the jungle. Vote John Mccain.'

He has no chance, Mccain, the US media won't say that though. He was a POW, what does that prove, 'Hey I got captured by the enemy with my keks round my ankles taking a dump in the jungle. Vote John Mccain.'

I hope he doesn't have a chance, I think he would do little more than continue the Bush administration's catastrophic eight years in office. If you look at the speeches he has made, he is shifting further and further to the right. I'd hate him to get elected.

What I was saying is Obama doesn't need to come to London. The film Chris posted is further evidence he is really pushing the celebrity shpiel and if he's not careful McCain will use this against him by appealing to the people who are taken in by the "I was in a jungle POW camp where the gooks tortured me on the hour every hour... but I got through it as I love my homeland. God Bless America"

Kerry tried to play the 'nam card in 2004 and the veterans turned against him. They will lap up McCain though, because he is their sort.

I hope he doesn't have a chance, I think he would do little more than continue the Bush administration's catastrophic eight years in office. If you look at the speeches he has made, he is shifting further and further to the right. I'd hate him to get elected.

What I was saying is Obama doesn't need to come to London. The film Chris posted is further evidence he is really pushing the celebrity shpiel and if he's not careful McCain will use this against him by appealing to the people who are taken in by the "I was in a jungle POW camp where the gooks tortured me on the hour every hour... but I got through it as I love my homeland. God Bless America"

Kerry tried to play the 'nam card in 2004 and the veterans turned against him. They will lap up McCain though, because he is their sort.

McCain is an absolute nutjob, not a manipulated slightly demented fool ala Bush but an absolute, verging on a mad stutter, rolling in peanut butter, smearing poo on the walls, frothing foaming nutjob section 8 with cherries on top.

He won't get in though and it is misleading to get into his 'credentials'.

McCain is an absolute nutjob, not a manipulated slightly demented fool ala Bush but an absolute, verging on a mad stutter, rolling in peanut butter, smearing poo on the walls, frothing foaming nutjob section 8 with cherries on top.

He won't get in though and it is misleading to get into his 'credentials'.

Fuck hugh.

I said he has foreign policy and national security credentials that are respected by the American electorate.

Alright then guys, watch the news it might get interesting for once.

As for Hugh, yer fuck him, I disagree with your assumption about the US electorate, even they are tired of that shit but I suppose it's alright to disagree without calling you names, just this once, I'm getting lazy you see. He might get a few votes but Obama and landslide come to mind if he can keep his heart beating long enough.

Not sure about that Glen. Just because China are keeping their head down doesn't mean they aren't a superpower.

I don't see the Chinese as a superpower yet. I reckon they will be when they finally develop into a first world country with a middle class, leccy for all, etc.

They are not that far removed from the Long March and besides, the Soviet Bear will not allow too much flexing of the Dragon's powers.

NP's foreign afrairs contribution for the day.

And has Belgium imploded yet? I saw a nice little diagram in Time Magazine showing Dutch, French, German speakers in the country. The German speakers have a small little patch--surely it's time for another invasion of Belgium to Anchluss these poor German-speakers.

I would love it, just love it if Belgium imploded. The panic of all those Brussels bureaucrats fleeing the Walloon Liberation Army as they attack from the North and the Flemish Judean Peoples Front from the South.

Alright then guys, watch the news it might get interesting for once.

As for Hugh, yer fuck him, I disagree with your assumption about the US electorate, even they are tired of that shit but I suppose it's alright to disagree without calling you names, just this once, I'm getting lazy you see. He might get a few votes but Obama and landslide come to mind if he can keep his heart beating long enough.

What price Ross Perot?

I don't see the Chinese as a superpower yet. I reckon they will be when they finally develop into a first world country with a middle class, leccy for all, etc.

They are not that far removed from the Long March and besides, the Soviet Bear will not allow too much flexing of the Dragon's powers.

NP's foreign afrairs contribution for the day.

And has Belgium imploded yet? I saw a nice little diagram in Time Magazine showing Dutch, French, German speakers in the country. The German speakers have a small little patch--surely it's time for another invasion of Belgium to Anchluss these poor German-speakers.

I would love it, just love it if Belgium imploded. The panic of all those Brussels bureaucrats fleeing the Walloon Liberation Army as they attack from the North and the Flemish Judean Peoples Front from the South.

Leon Degrelle could graft.

I get the feeling that if Obama gets close to election then some racist rube will get a sniper rifle and decorate something with Obama's brain matter.

There is a lot of racial tension in the USA, in my experience, and I can't imagine someone not taking exception to a black president.

I get the feeling that if Obama gets close to election then some racist rube will get a sniper rifle and decorate something with Obama's brain matter.

There is a lot of racial tension in the USA, in my experience, and I can't imagine someone not taking exception to a black president.

as crazy as people are in this country, I for whatever reason cannot see it. There will be plenty of people who just plain wont vote because he is on the ballot, but go Lee Harvey Oswald on him?? i dunno

and that's why he's voting to bail out banks, spy on americans and calling for national service and a hitler style youth. the man is a monster and a liar but that's hardly surprising, he's a politician

Rebel, Rebel, (you've torn your dress), this is the most hysterical nonsense.

"Hitler style youth?"

"Calling for National Service?" Actually, he's pledged to increase national service programs in the following:

Expand AmeriCorps from its current 75,000 positions to 250,000, with new units to deal with education, clean energy, health care and homeland security.

Expand service programs involving retired individuals and those over age 55.

Double the size of the Peace Corps from its current 7,800 volunteers to 16,000 by its 50th anniversary in 2012.

Gah! He believes in improving health care, the life of old people and community development programmes in third world countries through the efforts of volunteers! The man is a monster!

On America joining/being complicit in an attack on Iran: they've just made the first move towards re-opening an embassy there in the last week.

On McCain's POW record: I think that is highly relevant. Anyone who can go through something like that and then emerge to become the Republican Party Presedential nominee is a man of genuine character and substance, in my view. The fact that I disagree with him on many issues doesn't change that. It's weird the way so many people demonise those who disagree with them.

On America joining/being complicit in an attack on Iran: they've just made the first move towards re-opening an embassy there in the last week.

Trojan Horse?

<insert smilie of choice>

On McCain's POW record: I think that is highly relevant. Anyone who can go through something like that and then emerge to become the Republican Party Presedential nominee is a man of genuine character and substance, in my view. The fact that I disagree with him on many issues doesn't change that. It's weird the way so many people demonise those who disagree with them.

I don't follow you here Paul? Who is demonising who?