You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton Match thread

WaltonRed

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't have called it a sending off personally. The ball was in the air, and they both went for it with a boot raised and studs up. A half-second out, and it would have been Xabi who cleaved Rasiak. Looked bad on the replay, but for me it was never malicious.

McManaman and Sherwood making out Babel is easy to stop and suggest to show him down the left and dont allow him to cut inside. Babel has very fast feet and would easily just skip past them.

Torres is having an off day but you know full well given a bit of space in the second half he will punish Bolton.

Im a bit worried regards the defence when the ball is in the air as Davies seems to be winning most things. When the ball is on the ground however Skrtel seems to be cutting most things out.

On the topic of Skrtel he is a no nonense defender who just takes the man out with the ball. Was straight at Rasiak when he clattered Alonso and its good to see a Liverpool player who doesnt take no shit.

Babel has the beating of Bolton here but their ale house tactics are now to kick him all over so hopefully he will not bottle it and keep running at them because they are shitting themselves when he attacks.

Was Rasiak's challenge a red card? Chris Waddle (I think on 5Live) suggested it might have been.

It would have been very harsh, as Alonso went in with a high foot as well. Alonso touched the ball first, but the ball was there to be won, and I believe a yellow card for Rasiak was the right decision.

We need a second goal, as our defending is rubbish. The way Aurelio first gave the ball away, and then Alonso followed up in the same manner in space of 20 second in added on time at the end of the 1st half was was simply inexcusable.

Bolton could easily have scored 2 or 3 goals out of nothing, and we need to improve alot in the back four. And that Reina save was absolutely fantastic. One of the best i`ve seen this season. Not only the save, but he held the ball as well. Fantastic.

Really pleased with that half. They have had chances from set pieces but apart from that it's been great. How many games over the last couple of years have we watched a first half where nothing has happened?! Loads.

We're not just 'controlling' this game, we actually look like we could twat them and that's all I want to see from us.

Love the formation and it's actually been enjoyable to watch.

Next goal is crucial though - we have to score quickly in the second half.