You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton Match thread

WaltonRed

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad when you consider he's "lost the players" and "stumbled" upon the formation he's currently using.

Good stuff.

Hope these horrible yard dog cunts get relegated, Davies is filth.

Doesn't really matter anyway does it, becaus he's going at the end of the season isn't he?

Complete domination and at times it was too easy for the lads and it turned into a stroll in the park.

I said after the Inter game that this formation suits us and allows us to play 3 of our 4 quality midfielders.

I thought you could tell the difference of having Alonso in the middle compared to Lucas. I like Lucas but he has some way to go before he is better then Alonso and it was great to have him back in the middle.

Two attacking full backs in the summer (at least an attacking right back as Insua may be able to come in for the left) and we will have far more width and Gerrard must be loving the formation as he has a free role to attack teams and supporting the striker which he seems to enjoy.

On full backs, look at that pass by Aurelio in the build up to the 2nd goal, was far easier to just hoof it but he didnt, he laid it off, just little things like that make us a better team.

further on in my post you will see i say at least a right back.

I would be happy with Aurellio and Insua as the left backs next season with Risse moving on.

Babel was our best player today I think, and it was also nice to see Alonso back. Aurelio played fairly well too, and it actually looked like his confidence rised after his goal. Keep building on it Fabio and don't get injured again, then maybe we've got the left back we need.

Well done and very deserved.

Tim Sherwood sounding like he is pulling Rafa to pieces because he didnt play 4-4-2 with Crouch up front with Torres and asking why we are playing Babel on the left when he is right footed.

Well done Tim, that formation allowed us to dominate Bolton and Babel ripped the full back to bits on the left cutting inside using his right foot to have 3 or 4 good shots on goal.

Just to point out Diouf maybe a cunt but Kevin Davies is a bigger cunt and hes shit so that would make him a shitcunt!!!

Good win today lets hope we carry on this form and give the 'ammers a hiding next week, Babel was class today... his pace is frightening.

I wasn't saying Aurelio should be 1st choice for ages or we shouldnt buy a new left back just showing how little things can make such a difference to the team. I was agreeing with you.

Yeah sorry mate i edited it but you had already read it.

Rafa's tried to set out that formation in the past, like in 05/06 when Crouchy was up top by himself and the internet crowd were screaming for 4-4-2 because the formation was boring and negative. The difference today, the thing that really made it effective, was having pace across three of the front four positions. When space opened up in the channels, we had Torres, Babel and Gerrard all able to run into those areas and attack on the break at a fast tempo. That made all the difference, and their defense couldn't respond.

Worried about our backline a bit, as we gifted them some gilt-edged chances in the first half... But that can be sorted as Skrtl settles in and learns the system, and as Agger comes back in. Arbeloa coming back onto the scene is a positive too.

I wish Aurelio could stay fit. He'd be nailed on to be a regular if he did, but he'll get injured soon - without a doubt.

Ability wise, Aurelio is class. Really calm on the ball, passes it out from the back and can whip a good cross in.

There's a cycle with Aurelio though which goes:

Shite for 5 games after injury.

Regains form and looks class.

Injured.

Shite for 5 games after injury

Regains from and looks class.

Injured.

Etc

I wish Aurelio could stay fit. He'd be nailed on to be a regular if he did, but he'll get injured soon - without a doubt.

Ability wise, Aurelio is class. Really calm on the ball, passes it out from the back and can whip a good cross in.

There's a cycle with Aurelio though which goes:

Shite for 5 games after injury.

Regains form and looks class.

Injured.

Shite for 5 games after injury

Regains from and looks class.

Injured.

Etc

Aye, a cycle patented by one Mr M. Owen