You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do you shave upwards?

RedinSweden

Do you shave upwards?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Do you shave upwards?

I was thinking about this yesterday whilst shaving. I always shave downwards and then upwards,. If I don't shave upwards it doesn't even look like I have shaved at all. I have fusewire facial hair, which doesn't help but always assumed that everyone shaved like that. Yet if you see any programmer or read anything about shaving they always say down only.

Who is right?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, always have; it results in a much closer shave and means that I don't have a (notginger) 5 O'clock shadow by 9am. Of late I have ended up looking like Freddy Krueger every time I put a razor near my face though, despite using the same products that I have for years.

(Not the *very* same blade before some smartarse tells me it must be blunt by now).

Shave down, then up, then side ways, its the only way to get a decent close shave. My facial hair is black and I get a five o'clock shadow by two. So I have to go all out to get a smooth shave.

I'm still being fucked over by Gillette because I'm trapped in the Fusion madness. Four fucking blades for about 6 quid, I'd use a bic but I'd look like Freddy Kruger after one shave.

Shave down, then up, then side ways, its the only way to get a decent close shave. My facial hair is black and I get a five o'clock shadow by two. So I have to go all out to get a smooth shave.

I'm still being fucked over by Gillette because I'm trapped in the Fusion madness. Four fucking blades for about 6 quid, I'd use a bic but I'd look like Freddy Kruger after one shave.

i'm still on mach 3. I haven't made the fusion leap yet. I won't until forced to due to mach 3 unavailablity.

Guest PaddyBerger15
i'm still on mach 3. I haven't made the fusion leap yet. I won't until forced to due to mach 3 unavailablity.

Same as me RiScoe, I refuse to pay 6 quid off for 4 razor blades. Unfortunately, my stubble is thick, black and also like fusewire...unless I shave upwards I may aswell not bother, I look like a tramp if I don't shave for a couple of days. Its OK at the weekend, but each morning is like running a blade down the side of a matchbox while you're still half asleep...I hate shaving.

Shaving downwards seems to sort me out until I reach my neck, then I need to shave down, up and side. My facial hair (especially on my neck) grows out at all sorts of angles.

I'm stuck in the Fusion quagmire too. The cartridges are so expensive. You'd think with all that money Gillett might be able to put a bit more into the club :whistle:

I fucking hate shaving - but I also hate excessive facial hair as both make my face itchy as fuck. I can just about get away with shaving twice a week, but I look a like scruffy get on a Wednesday at work. I generally shave with the grain to avoid pain and irritation, but I often have to go against it to get a close shave - especially around my throat and under my chin. The problem with going that close it that it often leads to in-growing hairs which are the devil's own affliction. Shaving is shit.

RiS, man, how do you set up a poll? I've got a damn good question to ask.

Start a new thread, but before you post it click on the post a poll option at the bottom. Then write in your question and answers, check the make poll public box (this is fucking ESSENTIAL), then post your thread complete with poll.

"Ooooh, hark at RiS, giving poll advice."

Always wet shaved until this Christmas when the mrs bought me a fancy electric thing.

For the first few weeks it was basicaly rubbish, but your hair adjusts and now it's a pretty decent shave. It's not as good as a proper wet shave of course, but it is easier.

I still wet shave if I have an important meeting or if we go out for dinner or something. And I deffo shave upwards.

King of Shaves oil shave once, always with the hair. Then shave again, this time against the grain.

Always wet shaved until this Christmas when the mrs bought me a fancy electric thing.

For the first few weeks it was basicaly rubbish, but your hair adjusts and now it's a pretty decent shave. It's not as good as a proper wet shave of course, but it is easier.

I still wet shave if I have an important meeting or if we go out for dinner or something. And I deffo shave upwards.

King of Shaves oil shave once, always with the hair. Then shave again, this time against the grain.

What, your hair says "Hang on, he's got an electric shaver. Calm down lads, let's not grow as fast"?

ps - Cheers RiS

Start a new thread, but before you post it click on the post a poll option at the bottom. Then write in your question and answers, check the make poll public box (this is fucking ESSENTIAL), then post your thread complete with poll.

"Ooooh, hark at RiS, giving poll advice."

He'll fluff it up.

What, your hair says "Hang on, he's got an electric shaver. Calm down lads, let's not grow as fast"?

ps - Cheers RiS

Pretty much, yeah.

It grows differently, in a different direction and that, so the blades can pick up the hairs. It's weird.

I was gonna stop using it after a week, as it was so poor. But now it's really good.

Bit of talc and you're away!