You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RAFA OUT!

odris

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rafa played a nearer to full strength team by far than Chelsea / Man Utd or Arsenal

Can't pull the old rotation routine for this one.

Season is descending into a nightmare & if offered it , I would simply take a 4th place in the league at the moment & a top to bottom review in summer.

im sick of this blame itandje stuff, did you not see his save in the first half when Hyypia was exposed? can you not understand from looking at our last 10-15 games when Hyypia and Carra have played we've conceeded most of the time?

yeah he aint great but to blame him entirely is ridiculous

Oh wake up for god's sake will you? Do you honestly think Itandje should have played today? How do you feel about our keeper position should Reina get injured?

As I said in the original post, Itandje would struggle to get a regular place in a league one side yet he's our reserve keeper.

Today was one of our two realistic chances of silverware. Once again, the manager deliberately weakens a central plank of the team. If you dont conceed, you dont lose. Im sorry but with Itandje in goal you get the feeling we'd conceed more than if Reina was playing.

Take the blinkers off FFS.

Oh wake up for god's sake will you? Do you honestly think Itandje should have played today? How do you feel about our keeper position should Reina get injured?

As I said in the original post, Itandje would struggle to get a regular place in a league one side yet he's our reserve keeper.

Today was one of our two realistic chances of silverware. Once again, the manager deliberately weakens a central plank of the team. If you dont conceed, you dont lose. Im sorry but with Itandje in goal you get the feeling we'd conceed more than if Reina was playing.

Take the blinkers off FFS.

the 2nd choice keeper has to play the odd game, the cups especially against 'weaker' sides are a good opportunity. I dont expect to see our best players against Barnsley 3 days before Inter and that includes Reina, Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano who if only a few of them played even with a reserve goalie we would have significantly increased our chances of winning

the problem for me is Carra/Hyypia even when Reina has played we have conceeded goals (if you dont believe me have a look at the last 10 games they have played), they give away too many free kicks, look nervous in defence, make mistakes etc. they could have given a peno away, Hyypia left one of their players clean through early on in that game, simply not good enough and nothing to do with the 2nd keeper. the only fit alternative is a youngster which is probably worse so what can you do.

Today was one of our two realistic chances of silverware.

What's the other one? Can't see any other REALISTIC chance of silverware.

I've backed Rafa all the way, and sneered at the kneejerk reactions of people saying 'Rafa out' whenever anything goes wrong. But today was the last straw for me. We need a new manager.

True the players played badly, and so they're to blame. But who picked them? Who bought Kuyt, and perseveres with Riise. Why did we have a second-string (and fifth class goalkeeper) playing. Why was our best player on the bench? (Presumably because we were going to piss all over Barnsley, and SG was being saved for proper opponents.)

He picked a makeshift, unbalanced team, because he was saving his best for Inter. And too often this season, we've sacrficed league points for CL points. A few months ago, a friend of mine (always moans about everything and everyone, and especially Rafa) said we'd never win the league under Rafa. I defended him, and asked my friend if he thought that way, then why didn't he come out and demand the sack for Rafa.

Well, I want that league title, and I can't see us ever doing it under Rafa. And it seems to me there will be no consolation prizes this season. I think the final straw was sitting at Anfield as the afternoon got colder, and watched one of the worst ever Liverpool performances by a bunch of players who seem to have no idea how to play together, and many of whom are at a far bigger club than they deserve to be. This was a far worse performance then the one against Havant - and that stank. Then the Barnsley fans started singing YNWA. It was that humiliation that was the final straw.

I genuinely can't see us ever improving under Rafa. We've moved back from the high-point of Istanbul, and we are in danger of becoming entrenched in the little group of Everton, Spurs, Bolton, etc who are always hoping for a Uefa Cup place. I don't know who can do the job, but Rafa can't, and I'm afraid he needs to be replaced.

You edited your post there pretty quickly odriscoll

You massive Momo faced foreskin sniffer.

Yeah I wondered what happened, bit of a shithouse effort that really, either post something you know you'll take shit for but stick to your guns or bite your tongue.

Like me with the Nickelback thread, I knew I'd take shit but I stood tall, because I'm a real man and have the courage of my convictions.

What's the other one? Can't see any other REALISTIC chance of silverware.

I did think hard about using the term 'realistic' but decided seeing as the FA Cup and the CL were our only two competitions we were in, 'realistic' was a general term that could be used.

Im keeping my fingers and toes crossed for the Inter game though. Heart says we'll win but head says 'dont be stupid'!

Yeah I wondered what happened, bit of a shithouse effort that really, either post something you know you'll take shit for but stick to your guns or bite your tongue.

Like me with the Nickelback thread, I knew I'd take shit but I stood tall, because I'm a real man and have the courage of my convictions.

True that, you'd have to have real conviction and self belief to be pro Nickleback.

The solution is not sacking Rafa. Anyone who thinks so know fuck all about this game we call football. Just take a look at the stats from today´s game. The solution is to give him better players. Missing 30 clear cut chances is just not normal.

The solution is not sacking Rafa. Anyone who thinks so know fuck all about this game we call football. Just take a look at the stats from today´s game. The solution is to give him better players. Missing 30 clear cut chances is just not normal.

Jesus Christ - who exactly bought the players on the pitch today? (before you start comparing us to United's team let's not forget who we were playing today eh).

What better players than the players HE bought?

He's had 4 years to find these better players.

What better players than the players HE bought?

He's had 4 years to find these better players.

He didn´t get Dani Alves because he didn´t have the funds, he´s also missed out on a few more of his top targets. The situation we are in has nothing to do with Rafa, it is up to the players to kick the ball into the net you know. Rafa can´t do that.

Are you claiming that the players he selected today are not of sufficient quality to beat Barnsley?

Obviously not, but seriously... if they are then they haven't been coached well enough to finish off teams, or they don't have the confidence to score goals. At point does the manager take some responsibility Stu?

He didn´t get Dani Alves because he didn´t have the funds, he´s also missed out on a few more of his top targets. The situation we are in has nothing to do with Rafa, it is up to the players to kick the ball into the net you know. Rafa can´t do that.

Shall we compare the teams value and transfer spends with that of the Barnsley nmanager? Are you deliberatel missing the point?

Obviously not, but seriously... if they are then they haven't been coached well enough to finish off teams, or they don't have the confidence to score goals. At point does the manager take some responsibility Stu?

He takes responsibilty all the time, because he has overall control. If he doesn't have overall control though, then things get a bit blurry. I think Benitez is getting fucked from above and below personally and he hasn't got the power to rectify it.

The players were very poor today, he should be able to e-mail in the team sheet against Barnslay and go shopping and come home to check how well we won on final score.

He takes responsibilty all the time, because he has overall control. If he doesn't have overall control though, then things get a bit blurry. I think Benitez is getting fucked from above and below personally and he hasn't got the power to rectify it.

The players were very poor today, he should be able to e-mail in the team sheet against Barnslay and go shopping and come home to check how well we won on final score.

He should get a Blackberry then he can check whilst Mrs Rafa is choosing the tomatoes.

We could have had Alves or even Simao, if you add up the money from Pennant, Benayoun, Morientes, Kuyt, Babbel etc, the money is there for players of that quality, Rafa chose to buy shite quantity over expensive quality. Transfers and transfer funds aside, look at Arsenal their whole squad must cost half of ours and they are better than us, so either way you look at it, eye for a baragin/ eye for a good player, Rafa for the most part has not delivered enough.

We could have had Alves or even Simao, if you add up the money from Pennant, Benayoun, Morientes, Kuyt, Babbel etc, the money is there for players of that quality, Rafa chose to buy shite quantity over expensive quality.

He´s a manager and will want to build his own team for scratch. Can you fucking blame him for not wanting Diouf or fucking Cheyrou in his team? Remember where we were four years ago, I beg you. We didn´t have a future. Four years on we are feared all over Europe. Why would we want to throw that away? I´m so proud of having Rafa as our manager. If I actually do make it to Anfield one day I will run onto the pitch, get down on my knees and kiss his bare feet.

[Whos gonna replace him? hows out there? the trap has signed for the republic! GIVE THE MAN A BREAK HE IS HAVING A BAD SEASON, WE CAN STILL PROGRESS IN THE UCL, I WILL DRAW A PARALELL WITH THE IRISH RUGBY SITUATION, EDDIE O SULLIVAN IS UNDER MAJOR PRESSURE BECAUSE WE HAD A POOR WORLD CUP, THAT TEAM DID NOT BECOME A BAD SIDE OVER NIGHT AND NEITHER HAVE RAFAS SQUAD, HE IS BLOODING SOME YOUNG FELLAS INTO THE MIX. CARRA PLAYING AT RIGHT BACK TODAY IS FINE, THE LAD PLAYED ALL OVER THE PARK IN THE PAST AND I AM SURE HE IS OK WITH IT! AGGER AND SKERTL ARE THE FUTURE FOR US. SORRY I DIGRESS, GIVE THE MANAGER A BREAK HE IS ENTITLED TO ONE BAD SEASON. GERRY HOULLIER HAD A FEW IF YOU ALL CAN REMEMBER:wallbutt:}

Oh for fucks sake,really scraping the barrell that one .Thats the mantra of every manager that ever existed.Fat Sam reckons he'd win the league if he had better players too , so did captain flash.Steve staunton reckons he'd have won the world cup if he had better players too

Heres a novel idea, get the best out of the fucking players we have like top managers are supposed to be able to do ,and which ironically benitez had to do in his first season

[Whos gonna replace him? hows out there? the trap has signed for the republic! GIVE THE MAN A BREAK HE IS HAVING A BAD SEASON, WE CAN STILL PROGRESS IN THE UCL, I WILL DRAW A PARALELL WITH THE IRISH RUGBY SITUATION, EDDIE O SULLIVAN IS UNDER MAJOR PRESSURE BECAUSE WE HAD A POOR WORLD CUP, THAT TEAM DID NOT BECOME A BAD SIDE OVER NIGHT AND NEITHER HAVE RAFAS SQUAD, HE IS BLOODING SOME YOUNG FELLAS INTO THE MIX. CARRA PLAYING AT RIGHT BACK TODAY IS FINE, THE LAD PLAYED ALL OVER THE PARK IN THE PAST AND I AM SURE HE IS OK WITH IT! AGGER AND SKERTL ARE THE FUTURE FOR US. SORRY I DIGRESS, GIVE THE MANAGER A BREAK HE IS ENTITLED TO ONE BAD SEASON. GERRY HOULLIER HAD A FEW IF YOU ALL CAN REMEMBER:wallbutt:}

LOUD NOISES!