You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds in refinancing blow

The Virgin

from RAWK

Hello all, i have a bit of an update that i heard today but this is the first time i have been able to access a PC.

Anyway am sticking my neck out here, so i don't want people to start asking questions as what i know and what i can divulge is in this post.

Basically DIC are now in direct contact with the owners in a bid to buy Kop Football Ltd, advisors who worked on the previous deal are working closely with them to broker the right deal for all partys. Direct dialogue is now taking place and it is hoped that providing everything is right DIC will make a formal bid for the club may be in the next few days.

However it is believed Hicks may use the interest to secure his loan, i.e. meaning he is able to show the bank there is a way out if it goes wrong.

I have to also point out that dispite rumours of a rift between Gillet and Hicks this is very wrong and they are still working closely on securing their refinance package deal hence the above.

Also on a different note, these Crouch rumours have more back bone to them then you think and i know Harry Redknapp has denied it but there has been contact between the clubs.

Posted by ShanksLegend, he is as reliable as they come.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, thats probably true coming from ShanksLegend. I am still sticking by the "matter of days" thing I was told. Hicks wants to sell, DIC want to buy simple as that.

Although I agree with you rash, i think this may drag on for a while.

If you read what was put on RAWK though is he not saying dont get your hopes up as Hicks is using the interest of DIC to try and push through the finance for his own loan.

I personally am trying to keep an open mind on this until i see Ansari stood next to Rafa with Eto, Kaka, Alves and Messi along with them.

Any less then that and i cant see the point having them.

If you read what was put on RAWK though is he not saying dont get your hopes up as Hicks is using the interest of DIC to try and push through the finance for his own loan.

I personally am trying to keep an open mind on this until i see Ansari stood next to Rafa with Eto, Kaka, Alves and Messi along with them.

Any less then that and i cant see the point having them.

:D

Regarding the first part though..

Couldnt that just make the bank(s) feel there is a good chance of him selling and thus not giving the loan ?

And also, wouldnt the bank think a buyer would think twice after the club was up to it's ears in debt.

Financially every club would prefer the stadium to be filled with people going to their first game every game because you can almost guarentee that on top of the ticket cost they'll spend about the same per head on merchandise.

I'm not convinced. These are the people who disappear when clubs go through a trophyless patch. You need a hardcore of season ticket holders who are loyal to the club and will see you through hard times. Otherwise why are the Mancs so desperate to sell season tickets that they are still advertising them at this stage of the season?

Guest Caffreys

Talk about high as a kite then dropping like a lead balloon. Saw ShanksLegend's post, a well known reliable source, then the 5Live's apparent refinancing on Thursday news. If true, we are well and truly fucked!

Liverpool owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett believe they can complete a £350m refinancing deal by Thursday to secure their immediate Anfield future.

City observers said on Wednesday the deal was under threat, with Dubai International Capital (DIC) waiting in the wings for a possible takeover.

But BBC Sport has learned the pair are convinced the deal is imminent.

The package is expected to help the American duo repay money borrowed for their £218.9m takeover in March 2007.

It will also go towards signing new players in the summer, as well as to finance work on a redesigned new stadium in Stanley Park. 606: DEBATE

What do you think of what is going on at Liverpool?

Hicks and Gillett were the target of crowd demonstrations from Liverpool supporters unhappy with their regime during Monday's televised game against Aston Villa, with banners calling for DIC to mount a bid for control. But Hicks, in particular, has remained defiant in the face of protests and insisted he had no intention of selling his 50% share in the club.

"I've not received any offer to purchase the club from DIC or anyone else, much less accepted any such offer," Hicks said on Monday.

It remains to be seen whether DIC, the investment arm of the Dubai government, will now pull out of a proposed bid to take control at Anfield, with the refinancing package unlikely to clear all the clouds of uncertainty over the club. Some City sources believe the new deal, and its interest payments, will only be a financial "sticking plaster" and DIC will wait to see if there are further problems for Hicks and Gillett while maintaining an interest in buying Liverpool.

Liverpool decided to sell to Hicks and Gillett instead of DIC in March 2007 but the American businessmen in particular Hicks, have been criticised for the way they have run the club.

Hicks admitted to talks last November with Jurgen Klinsmann about the German taking over from Rafael Benitez as manager.

The owners and Benitez have also had a very public spat after the Spaniard criticised their transfer policy.

If Hicks has cemented his position via the loan, Benitez's long-term prospects look bleak.

If Hicks has cemented his position via the loan, Benitez's long-term prospects look bleak.

And worse still, the club's long term financial prospects look bleak. We have some pretty smart people here - can anyone come up with a list of Hicks and Gillett's business interests? If we're up against them for the long haul we'd be better looking at hitting their pockets from every angle, not just through the club.

so 220m in debts becomes 350m in debts and they will still need hundreds of millions to finish the stadium, are they off their heads? it's ridiculously risky and is going to cost us a fortune

DIC will not touch us because they dont want the refinancing and all the fee's and interest associated with it along with a stadium they will have no input into. what a total farce, they've fucked us up good and proper

so 220m in debts becomes 350m in debts and they will still need hundreds of millions to finish the stadium, are they off their heads? it's ridiculously risky and is going to cost us a fortune

At the moment the £220m is their debt. If the refinancing goes through the £350m becomes LFC's debt. So, no, they aren't off their heads.

Hicks has been saying the loan will be sealed in a couple of days for weeks.

Last week it was good news on the finance and new stadium by the end of the week. The week ended and we saw and heard nothing. The guy is a born liar.:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Amen to that!

And worse still, the club's long term financial prospects look bleak. We have some pretty smart people here - can anyone come up with a list of Hicks and Gillett's business interests? If we're up against them for the long haul we'd be better looking at hitting their pockets from every angle, not just through the club.

This is no joke. We need to start hitting them in the pockets immediately. No fucking around. We need to get organised.