You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

On 07/02/2022 at 20:04, Scott_M said:

Nightmare Alley - Very, very slow.

Harry Potter & The Deathly Hollows Parts 1 & 2 - My 6 year old daughter loves Harry Potter so I promised to watch them with her. They are both completely shite. I don’t get why it’s so popular. 

English kids cant act. Kodi seren real debrid

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

English kids cant act. Kodi seren real debrid

I can't remember ever being more astonished at anybody than those three shit multi-millionaire actors saying they wouldn't do the Potter reunion if Rowling was involved. Luckiest people alive , couldn't act their way out of a paper bag.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I can't remember ever being more astonished at anybody than those three shit multi-millionaire actors saying they wouldn't do the Potter reunion if Rowling was involved. Luckiest people alive , couldn't act their way out of a paper bag.

That was utterly ridiculous. Still, at least they got some twitter points.

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

Lottery winning fucks. Watson is absolutely wooden in everything she's in. Posh twat. And the lads too. Nepotism benefiting fucks.

• Upvote 1

Macgruber - 2010

Remember turning this off back in the day but I’ve been seeing loads of clips from it on twitter lately that are quite funny.

Gave it a watch again last night and although it’s shit, it is quite funny in parts. 

Well worth a waste of a couple of hours if you’ve got nothing better to do. 

7 celery stalks out of 10 kunths 

• Upvote 1

The Hunt. 6.5/10. 12 people wake up in a field and find they're being hunted. Silly Blumhouse nonsense with the rather lovely Betty Gilpin (G.L.O.W). On Netflix.

Out of Time. 6/10. Low budget B-movie about a 50's cop who lands in the present day chasing three aliens. Acting is not great but I found this pretty engaging. On Amazon.

Collateral. 7/10. Never seen this before, it was okay, Tom Cruise as a bad guy is unusual.

Jack Reacher. 6/10. Another Cruise movie, I have just finished the Amazon show and really enjoyed it so thought I'd give this a go. Not as good as the show.

Moonfall - 7/10

Ludicrous plot/action but somehow very enjoyable. Disaster films are usually shite but this one flows nicely, with Sam from Game Of Thrones being the standout as the unintentionally funny nerd. I found the concept to be very creative and thought-provoking, despite it being batshit crazy. You'll either love it or hate it.

4 hours ago, Red74 said:

Macgruber - 2010

Remember turning this off back in the day but I’ve been seeing loads of clips from it on twitter lately that are quite funny.

Gave it a watch again last night and although it’s shit, it is quite funny in parts. 

Well worth a waste of a couple of hours if you’ve got nothing better to do. 

7 celery stalks out of 10 kunths 

It's my favourite shite film. Will Forte is hilarious. 

C'mon C'mon

Joaquin Phoenix is Uncle Johnny, a radio journalist who reconciles with his sister and connects with his autistic nephew Jesse in this artsy buddy road movie.

Shot in black and white, C'mon C'mon looks fantastic and Phoenix is on the top of his game here but sorry, where's the story at? This film is boring as fuck, attritional even.

I found that I was completely apathetic to those involved bar maybe young Jesse, whom I wanted to give a slap to.

The sort of dross that the Oscar voters lap up, but not for me.

2/10 Nodi Fen Real Debrid

My Beautiful Landrette. A 1985 British drama with Daniel Day Lewis as a gay Vanilla Ice lookalike.

This was like a proto type This Is England with some humour and bumming thrown in. I could live without the bumming but a good film nonetheless.

I'm going to use the @Babb'sBurstNad rating system here and go with a Lisa Scott Lee.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Mook said:

My Beautiful Landrette. A 1985 British drama with Daniel Day Lewis as a gay Vanilla Ice lookalike.

This was like a proto type This Is England with some humour and bumming thrown in. I could live without the bumming but a good film nonetheless.

I'm going to use the @Babb'sBurstNad rating system here and go with a Lisa Scott Lee.

jim-halpert.gif

On 12/02/2022 at 15:01, sir roger said:

A writer being banned from the reunion of a franchise she created... 2022 everyone.

• Upvote 1

Space Jam: A New Legacy - Someone at Warner Bros. wanted to showcase HBO Max's content and thought a new Space Jam film would be a good idea. Flimsy premise that doesn't make the best use of anyone involved but I always enjoy Zendaya, even if it's just her voice. 3 out of 10

Encanto - Disney animation that has songs from Lin Manuel Miranda and some stunning and realistic animation. Good to see Disney apply the formula to different cultures and stories, it's a sweet film and the voice cast is excellent. Not ground-breaking but fun. 7 out of 10

3 minutes ago, Boss said:

A writer being banned from the reunion of a franchise she created... 2022 everyone.

I don't care for Potter, never read, never watched but the shit she's getting is unreal and these little fuckers who she helped make into millionaires are distancing themselves. Unless I'm missing something as I have not paid too much attention, did she actually say anything too controversial? 

5 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I don't care for Potter, never read, never watched but the shit she's getting is unreal and these little fuckers who she helped make into millionaires are distancing themselves. Unless I'm missing something as I have not paid too much attention, did she actually say anything too controversial? 

I think she said effectively only women can menstruate and anyone claiming they are a woman who doesn't menstruate isn't a woman and shouldn't claim to be one. But it was tweeted as a throwaway comment. It's the usual knock down the tallest rose the British public seems to love doing.