You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Nicolas Cage in The Unbearable weight of massive talent.

What a film! Honestly one of the most enjoyable films I've seen in what feels like ages.

Some of the scenes with Nicolas Cage and Pedro Pascal (Who is equally brilliant in this) are great.

4/5

Only reason it's not a 5/5 is because of Tiffany Haddish being cast. I cannot stand seeing her on my screen and hearing her voice

Emily the Criminal - a young woman trying to find her feet in L.A sinks further and further into the world of crime in an attempt to pay off her student debt. I refuse to believe someone other than Michael Mann made this. 'John Patton Ford' must be some kind of pseudonym. It's excellent, anyway. So good that I actually didn't mind the handycam, and I usually fucking hate it. Bravo Michael Ma.. sorry, "John Patton Ford". 8.5/10.

Day shift. 1/10 because it was in colour.

Jamie Fox (stick to doing impressions of Denzel on YouTube) and la di da da, its the one and only D O double G.

Taking down vampires. Now I'm born before anyone involved in this shithouse film so I know how the vampire thing pans out, get bit by one and you become one. You don't get, " ooh, I'm a good vampire.)

Absolute shite, more kills than John Wicks. At one point Snoop says, "I've run out of ammo?" Well bring more you prick, you knew what the gig was.

Without the Becks I'd be dead, but in a good way.

5 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Now I'm born before anyone involved in this shithouse film so I know how the vampire thing pans out, get bit by one and you become one. You don't get, " ooh, I'm a good vampire.)

Agreed that dayshift is shit but

MV5BMWEzNmUxZTMtZjY0My00OGNmLWIyNDctODM2

And because it's the law

latest?cb=20121129142643

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Never seen this filum

I would recommend, don't know if it holds up if you're going in to it for the first time now.

Same with another less well know Vampire film that came out in the same year called Near Dark (Katheryn Bigelow, half the Aliens cast).

5 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Been a few years since I saw that but can't remember good vampires who killed bad vampires.

Guess it depends on whether they're considered full or half vampires but both Michael and the Grandpa could be considered 'good' vampires who kill bad vampires.

• Upvote 1

Shot Caller on Netflix, basically a prison film about a nice guy who goes bad. Watchable but nothing to write home about. 5.5/10

Nowhere to Run, a Van Damm vehicle with very little fighting in it allowing more time for big Jean to display his intimidating acting skills. A masterpiece, 9.5/10

*I was very hungover yesterday 

10 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

I would recommend, don't know if it holds up if you're going in to it for the first time now.

Same with another less well know Vampire film that came out in the same year called Near Dark (Katheryn Bigelow, half the Aliens cast).

Near Dark was a much better film than The Lost Boys in my opinion.

Happened to watch TLB a few months ago with my son, it's okay but personally I didn't think it had aged well in some parts.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Shot Caller on Netflix, basically a prison film about a nice guy who goes bad. Watchable but nothing to write home about. 5.5/10

Nowhere to Run, a Van Damm vehicle with very little fighting in it allowing more time for big Jean to display his intimidating acting skills. A masterpiece, 9.5/10

*I was very hungover yesterday 

Same. Spent the afternoon and evening on the couch browsing Amazon Prime for fillums-

Dredd- 8/10- really enjoyed this. I'd avoided it after that Godawful Stallone pish from the '90s, but this was well done, ultra-violent and very satisfying.

Source Code- 8/10- time travelling move in the vein of Groundhog Day/ Edge of Tomorrow, where a Navy captain repeatedly enters a simulation of a dying man's last memories to try and prevent a train bombing. Very enjoyable.

Wind River- 7/10- downbeat, slow-burning murder mystery set in a Wyoming winter. Great performances from Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen who are completely wasted doing all that Marvel stuff. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Same. Spent the afternoon and evening on the couch browsing Amazon Prime for fillums-

Dredd- 8/10- really enjoyed this. I'd avoided it after that Godawful Stallone pish from the '90s, but this was well done, ultra-violent and very satisfying.

Source Code- 8/10- time travelling move in the vein of Groundhog Day/ Edge of Tomorrow, where a Navy captain repeatedly enters a simulation of a dying man's last memories to try and prevent a train bombing. Very enjoyable.

Wind River- 7/10- downbeat, slow-burning murder mystery set in a Wyoming winter. Great performances from Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen who are completely wasted doing all that Marvel stuff. 

Nice one, glad you've done the donkey work. Can't think of anything more boring than looking for films, like to say we shared the load in our house but it's all me.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Nice one, glad you've done the donkey work. Can't think of anything more boring than looking for films, like to say we shared the load in our house but it's all me.

Haha- I've lost entire afternoons before now trying to decide on something to watch. I was that hungover yesterday that I couldn't be arsed and just ended up watching them. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mudface said:

Liked this one myself, the villain is a nasty little weasily gobshite, and Michelle Monaghan is very easy on the eye!

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Liked this one myself, the villain is a nasty little weasily gobshite, and Michelle Monaghan is very easy on the eye!

She certainly is. Gone Baby Gone is another good 'un with her in. How Marty could cheat on her in True Detective is beyond me, although I can think of a couple of reasons I guess.

Spectre 10/out of fuckin 10.

When all else fails and zombie shit don't cut it turn to Bond.

Script, music to blow your mind, Daniel(insert Bond of choice)cars, women. For me Bond has everything.

From the first time my mum and dad took me to see Doctor No I've been hooked.

Becks, Bond, Bed. Life's good.

• Upvote 3