You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

20 hours ago, Binomial said:

May the power of God grant you everlasting peace.

We do not use the word hate around here, it does not exist in the holy bible.

Here’s a few for you if you haven’t already seen them, apocalyptic- Finch and a real underrated gem of a dystopian - What Happened to Monday.

I'd never heard of What Happened to Monday, but when I was reading up on Finch it rang a bell, forgot Tom Hanks had made that.

Going to give both a watch when I get chance.

The Hit Man - 8/10 for the movie (Richard Linklater rom-com with Glen Powell) and thirty seven million out of ten for Adria Arjona. Jesus Christ, she’s ALL that and more!!! Absolutely mesmerising. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'd never heard of What Happened to Monday, but when I was reading up on Finch it rang a bell, forgot Tom Hanks had made that.

Going to give both a watch when I get chance.

God has entrusted you with yourself!! Amen.

Doing a spot of Stephen King rewatching. 

Doctor Sleep - 8/10

IT Chapter 1 (2017) - 9/10 

Some of King's writings have been murdered on screen. The Stand could have been great but it was dogshit. I hope if they ever make a movie of Fairy Tale that it's done justice, across a couple of 3 hour films. I've not watched Dark Tower as I'm puzzled as to how they could turn the longest book he ever wrote into a 90 minute film. 

All that said, these two are very close to masterpieces, especially IT. 

"I told you Bill, I fucking told you. I don't wanna die. It's your fault. You punched me in the face, you made me walk through shitty water, you brought me to a fucking crackhead house and now... I'm gonna have to kill this fucking clown. WELCOME TO THE LOSERS CLUB, ASSHOLE!" 

Chapter 2 tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

Doing a spot of Stephen King rewatching. 

Doctor Sleep - 8/10

IT Chapter 1 (2017) - 9/10 

Some of King's writings have been murdered on screen. The Stand could have been great but it was dogshit. I hope if they ever make a movie of Fairy Tale that it's done justice, across a couple of 3 hour films. I've not watched Dark Tower as I'm puzzled as to how they could turn the longest book he ever wrote into a 90 minute film. 

All that said, these two are very close to masterpieces, especially IT. 

"I told you Bill, I fucking told you. I don't wanna die. It's your fault. You punched me in the face, you made me walk through shitty water, you brought me to a fucking crackhead house and now... I'm gonna have to kill this fucking clown. WELCOME TO THE LOSERS CLUB, ASSHOLE!" 

Chapter 2 tomorrow. 

Agree with you Lurtzy.

Did you see the most recent version of The Stand (mini series)? Near the end, Randall Flagg and all of his murderous killers disco dancing like an even more effeminate troupe of Village People?

I could taste the bile and my boot came within a whisker of booting my telly through the window.

One of the worst finale's in the history of television.

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Agree with you Lurtzy.

Did you see the most recent version of The Stand (mini series)? Near the end, Randall Flagg and all of his murderous killers disco dancing like an even more effeminate troupe of Village People?

I could taste the bile and my boot came within a whisker of booting my telly through the window.

One of the worst finale's in the history of television.

Yep I did. An absolute abomination. 

Mike Flanagan is doing a Dark Tower series, so I think he'll do it justice. Wouldn't mind seeing a Long Walk adaption, that could be a great film if done right.

Apt Pupil isn't a bad adaptation, though tamer than the novella.

• Upvote 1

On 29/05/2024 at 20:08, Harry's Lad said:

Is right, good book my arse. There isn't even any tits in it.

You shouldn't have given up before you got to the Song of Songs.

The Iron Claw - 8/10

If it wasn't a true story I would have laughed at the sheer unbelievability of it all.

However, it IS based on a true story and I was in fucking bits at the end. Such a good film

Godzilla Minus One. 8.5/10

Was gagging to see this during its short UK run in the cinemas but couldn’t, so I was thrilled to see this added worldwide to Netflix on Saturday morning, completely unannounced.

Fucking ace, brilliant film. Can see why there was such a buzz about it. Proper Godzilla film set in the aftermath of WW2 and the after effects of war and Japan’s part in it. English dub option for those who don’t want subtitles. 

Good story, good acting, great visuals and score. And none of that King Kong teaming up nonsense in sight. Felt a bit like Jaws in places.

Ace film. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Juniper said:

Godzilla Minus One. 8.5/10

Was gagging to see this during its short UK run in the cinemas but couldn’t, so I was thrilled to see this added worldwide to Netflix on Saturday morning, completely unannounced.

Fucking ace, brilliant film. Can see why there was such a buzz about it. Proper Godzilla film set in the aftermath of WW2 and the after effects of war and Japan’s part in it. English dub option for those who don’t want subtitles. 

Good story, good acting, great visuals and score. And none of that King Kong teaming up nonsense in sight. Felt a bit like Jaws in places.

Ace film. 

Agreed, we watched it last night, superb film, miles better than the other stuff.

On 31/05/2024 at 08:56, Elite said:

Mike Flanagan is doing a Dark Tower series, so I think he'll do it justice. Wouldn't mind seeing a Long Walk adaption, that could be a great film if done right.

Apt Pupil isn't a bad adaptation, though tamer than the novella.

They've just started filming a miniseries of The Institute apparently. it's the director of the Mr Mercedes series which was good so hopeful on this one too. Mike Flanagan is also directing a film of the Life of Chuck which was an interesting novella in the recent If It Bleds book.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, NoelM said:

Agreed, we watched it last night, superb film, miles better than the other stuff.

Amazingly it cost them just $15 million to make and they had only 35 VFX artists which is insane, especially as they won an Oscar for its effects. 

Hollywood needs to take note. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NoelM said:

They've just started filming a miniseries of The Institute apparently. it's the director of the Mr Mercedes series which was good so hopeful on this one too. Mike Flanagan is also directing a film of the Life of Chuck which was an interesting novella in the recent If It Bleds book.

Can't help but think Mike Flanagan is on severely diminishing returns. Bly Manor, Midnight Club and House of Usher were absolutely shocking. And not in the way he wanted them to be. 

Zero Dark Thirty. Watched this when it first came out and the only thing I can remember from it was the seals calling usama when they broke into his house.

Watched it again last night and couldn’t remember watching one scene of it until the seals were calling usama when they broke into his house. 

This movie is 2hrs 40 minutes long and James Gandolfini plays the CIA chief yet it had no effect on me whatsoever.

7 / 10 usamas 

15 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

Bad Boys- 7.5/10

Re watched for the 1,000 time with my kids in preparation for the new one. 

The first Bad Boys was brilliant. Bad Boys 2 was ok (invading Cuba ffs) but had some laugh out loud parts. The last one was complete turd and embarrassed the franchise. I’m dreading number 4. The cheesy one liners only work when it’s not a constant Martin Lawrence comedy show with Smith just embarrassing himself 

7 hours ago, Red74 said:

Zero Dark Thirty. Watched this when it first came out and the only thing I can remember from it was the seals calling usama when they broke into his house.

Watched it again last night and couldn’t remember watching one scene of it until the seals were calling usama when they broke into his house. 

This movie is 2hrs 40 minutes long and James Gandolfini plays the CIA chief yet it had no effect on me whatsoever.

7 / 10 usamas 

Great film that. I’m a fan.