You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Watched Dredd again. Karl Urban is perfect for the role, gutted there weren't more made. 9/10.

Ma-Ma isn't the law....I am the law.

I'd love to see Karl Urban as Max Payne, he'd be absolutely perfect.

He's brilliant in everything I've seen him in. Even his rubbish cockney accent has become iconic in The Boys. He's fackin' diabolical.

Just now, manwiththestick said:

Of course, I watched it with my youngest a few months ago and he liked it. Rik Mayell in a silly Hollywood comedy movie with Carrie Fisher and Phoebe Cates, what's not to love?

It's a kids film on a really superficial level.

When I watched it as a kid it was bright, silly, childish, slapstick, funny (none of those are a negative).

Watching it back as an adult it's ultimately about a woman having a mental breakdown following the failure of her marriage and reverting to/using a coping method that got her through childhood trauma (Parents dysfunctional marriage and divorce).

Think it's a film kids can watch wouldn't say it's a kids film, wasn't it released with a 15 rating?

• Upvote 1

On 08/09/2022 at 00:35, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Marked for Death

Unintentionally hilarious drugs are bad crusade early '90s action flick. There's so much to unpack; Steven Seagal's greasy barnet, him clearly wearing his own ridiculous clobber, the fact he runs like a girl, and Keith David rocking up in Jamaica dressed like a British dad in Benidorm, it's just great.

The highlight for me was the prerequisite action movie tooling up montage. They make their own silencers, press bullets, then Seagal fires a machine gun at point blank range into a huge fuck off slab of meat for no reason. Oh, and Danny Trejo and Jimmy Cliff pop up too.

It's up there with the gif of Seagal shooting kids as his best work.

7 bombaclarts out of 10

"What happened?"

"One thought he was invincible. The other one thought he could fly"

"And?"

"They were both wrong"

The fight in the department store is hilarious 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Watched Dredd again. Karl Urban is perfect for the role, gutted there weren't more made. 9/10.

Ma-Ma isn't the law....I am the law.

Read this the other day. Dredd is awesome. 

https://www.slashfilm.com/992305/tales-from-the-box-office-the-financial-failure-of-dredd-remains-a-tragedy/?fbclid=IwAR0El3pu3vHwgc-cz3gW4GgUpKmGI4RGLLpToZcYaBliHrMnY7Q4Q8NpJUE

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

I was about to say, and it is mentioned in the link, that the similarities to The Raid franchise probably didn't help at the worldwide box office which is unfortunate as they are both great films in their own right.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I was about to say, and it is mentioned in the link, that the similarities to The Raid franchise probably didn't help at the worldwide box office which is unfortunate as they are both great films in their own right.

I'm sure Raid was based off the same screenplay. They were able to launch it earlier and build up a buzz for it.

Nicolas Cage in The Unbearable weight of massive talent.

What a film! Honestly one of the most enjoyable films I've seen in what feels like ages.

Some of the scenes with Nicolas Cage and Pedro Pascal (Who is equally brilliant in this) are great.

4/5

Only reason it's not a 5/5 is because of Tiffany Haddish being cast. I cannot stand seeing her on my screen and hearing her voice

Emily the Criminal - a young woman trying to find her feet in L.A sinks further and further into the world of crime in an attempt to pay off her student debt. I refuse to believe someone other than Michael Mann made this. 'John Patton Ford' must be some kind of pseudonym. It's excellent, anyway. So good that I actually didn't mind the handycam, and I usually fucking hate it. Bravo Michael Ma.. sorry, "John Patton Ford". 8.5/10.

Day shift. 1/10 because it was in colour.

Jamie Fox (stick to doing impressions of Denzel on YouTube) and la di da da, its the one and only D O double G.

Taking down vampires. Now I'm born before anyone involved in this shithouse film so I know how the vampire thing pans out, get bit by one and you become one. You don't get, " ooh, I'm a good vampire.)

Absolute shite, more kills than John Wicks. At one point Snoop says, "I've run out of ammo?" Well bring more you prick, you knew what the gig was.

Without the Becks I'd be dead, but in a good way.

5 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Now I'm born before anyone involved in this shithouse film so I know how the vampire thing pans out, get bit by one and you become one. You don't get, " ooh, I'm a good vampire.)

Agreed that dayshift is shit but

MV5BMWEzNmUxZTMtZjY0My00OGNmLWIyNDctODM2

And because it's the law

latest?cb=20121129142643

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Never seen this filum

I would recommend, don't know if it holds up if you're going in to it for the first time now.

Same with another less well know Vampire film that came out in the same year called Near Dark (Katheryn Bigelow, half the Aliens cast).

5 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Been a few years since I saw that but can't remember good vampires who killed bad vampires.

Guess it depends on whether they're considered full or half vampires but both Michael and the Grandpa could be considered 'good' vampires who kill bad vampires.

• Upvote 1

Shot Caller on Netflix, basically a prison film about a nice guy who goes bad. Watchable but nothing to write home about. 5.5/10

Nowhere to Run, a Van Damm vehicle with very little fighting in it allowing more time for big Jean to display his intimidating acting skills. A masterpiece, 9.5/10

*I was very hungover yesterday