You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Moving Back to the UK

Redexile

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feb or March next year and would appreciate some local advice on the following areas of Merseyside.

Lydiate/Maghull and Heswall. Are they still good areas to live in with reasonable priced housing or are there areas which would provide better value?

Try cheshire old bean , the hunt is just super.

Feb or March next year and would appreciate some local advice on the following areas of Merseyside.

Lydiate/Maghull and Heswall. Are they still good areas to live in with reasonable priced housing or are there areas which would provide better value?

Heswall is a really nice place to live but it's got really nice house prices now too, it is now one of the most wealthy post codes in the country. I'm not sure what your budget is but here are some houses for sale in Heswall.

http://www.reedsrains.co.uk/search.asp?queryNo=1&txtQuickSearch=Heswall&txtQuickSearch%3ASelectedValue=&ddlContract=1&ddlType=*&ddlSearchArea=0&ddlBedrooms=0&ddlPayMin=0&ddlPayMax=0&latestFirst=0&ddlResultsOrder=1&ddlUnderOffer=on&chainid=0001&image.x=0&image.y=0&image=submit

Heswall is a really nice place to live but it's got really nice house prices now too, it is now one of the most wealthy post codes in the country. I'm not sure what your budget is but here are some houses for sale in Heswall.

http://www.reedsrains.co.uk/search.asp?queryNo=1&txtQuickSearch=Heswall&txtQuickSearch%3ASelectedValue=&ddlContract=1&ddlType=*&ddlSearchArea=0&ddlBedrooms=0&ddlPayMin=0&ddlPayMax=0&latestFirst=0&ddlResultsOrder=1&ddlUnderOffer=on&chainid=0001&image.x=0&image.y=0&image=submit

Thanks Dirk, I never realised Heswall was that expensive. I dont relaly want to go above 250k. Maybe you could suggest some other areas?

Not all Heswall is silly money. A 2 bedroom places are around 160K, 3 bedrooms from around 200K, so not disimilar to most of Wirral now. I don't know how long you've been gone for but I reckon anyone moving back to the UK is in for a nasty shock house-price wise.

If you're looking for somewhere more affordable I'd probably recommend Oxton. The fact that it's so close to the North End and town puts a lot of people off, but it's a beautiful and peaceful place. I lived there for 2 years and never had any trouble at all.

Thanks Dirk, I never realised Heswall was that expensive. I dont relaly want to go above 250k. Maybe you could suggest some other areas?

There was a three bedroom on there for £175 K. You should be able to find something for £250 K, depending on how many rooms you want. Most of West Wirral is nice, places like West Kirby, Hoylake, Parkgate, Irby, Thurstaston. Like Liz says, Oxton is nice too, Paul lives there so he might be able to advise you.

Fuck that oxton maybee leafy but there are dickheads everywhere,cause its a spitting distance from birkenhead.I was staying at a mates house once in oxton and my car was vandalised and burnt out.I would look at formby,ormskirk or even parbold.

Depends which end of Oxton though. The Claughton/Bidston end is like a different place to the Birkenhead end.

There was a three bedroom on there for £175 K. You should be able to find something for £250 K, depending on how many rooms you want. Most of West Wirral is nice, places like West Kirby, Hoylake, Parkgate, Irby, Thurstaston. Like Liz says, Oxton is nice too, Paul lives there so he might be able to advise you.

I'd hazard a guess that all these places would be the same, if not a higher price as Heswall. If you're thinking of West Wirral, Pensby & Thingwall are slightly cheaper.

REEDS RAINS MY ARSE! The robbing Heswallite fudge packing cum guzzling tramp rimming cocks. avoid them like a rabid dog mate. Me an mrs bp put an application in to rent a house in irby. They told us that when we've paid a deposit and the credit check fees, nobody else can go for the property. A week later after all our credit checks and references had come back as passed they told us that somebody else had applied for it with them a day after us and their checks came back quicker so the house is theirs!

And we cannot have our 200 quid back. a tad unfair I think.

them like a rabid dog mate. Me an mrs bp put an application in to rent a house in irby. They told us that when we've paid a deposit and the credit check fees, nobody else can go for the property. A week later after all our credit checks and references had come back as passed they told us that somebody else had applied for it with them a day after us and their checks came back quicker so the house is theirs!

And we cannot have our 200 quid back. a tad unfair I think.

nothing a well placed molotov wouldn't sort out.

Hewall is really nice but prices are quite ridiculous. A good option is Oxton Village. It's lovely but prices aren't fuckin stupid. Shout to place like Frankby and Irby as well. You may want to look into them bud. Failing that, for 250K you could buy the whole of the Ford and then legally burn it to the ground. Think on sunshine!

Why are you moving back, Redex? Cape |Town is the best city i've ever been too. Crime?

C. Town is a great place Matty, altho I prefer the north coast of Durban myself. I guess I'm moving back because I feel the time is right for me and my family. Crime is definitely part of my reasoning ( the violence that often accompanies a robbery is scary at times), interest rates are climbing and in many areas SA is fast catching up to UK prices. Also the government is pursuing a policy Known as BEE ( Black Economic Empowerment) this makes it dificult for companies without the right numbers of Black management and equity to do business. In turn this means that most employment opportunities are not available for white people which in turn has an impact on my kids. So moving back will also help them in the long run.

Check out Formby/Ainsdale or Southport. At least you'll be on the right side of the Mersey and away from the Tards on the Wirral.

Andy, I would love to live out that way but the house prices seem a bit over the top.

I've been offered a job with a company out Warrington way but I haven't got a clue about that part of the world. I'm happy to live within 45 mins drive of the place.