You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spain, spanish, and the spanish

Elmyn Noos

I like D but a small waist.

. Boobs.

Yowzers. D with a small waist would look pretty big indeed.

Incidentally, have you ever been given a successful titwank? I've found that even with the firmest jugs, she has found it difficult to muster sufficient friction to get the Noos to part with his isotonic mangoo. Maybe there is a technique that my lazy women have yet to master. i should beat them harder.

Andalucia is one of the best places on earth.

Spent a long weekend in Granada a couple of months back, and fell in love with the Albacin. I would love to live there. And I would have to concur that they have a high proportion of lovely ladies.

I'm not sure that is particularly offensive is it? Throughout the course of last week I was trying to think of a more abusive slur for the ones that were constantly pulling my chain, but couldn't. That is part of my point. We have countless for everyone else, particularly the french and the germans, but just what I assume is a shortening of the term spanish (or hispanic maybe?) for them, which I don't think even they would take particular offence to.

You can get fired for saying that here in the states. It's very much considered a vulgar term here.

As far as forming opinions of different peoples based on what you saw at Disneyland goes...well that's like forming an opinion of Spanish food based on eating at a fast food joint in the Madrid airport, horribly inaccurate.

You can get fired for saying that here in the states. It's very much considered a vulgar term here.

As far as forming opinions of different peoples based on what you saw at Disneyland goes...well that's like forming an opinion of Spanish food based on eating at a fast food joint in the Madrid airport, horribly inaccurate.

As a quick pat on the fanny would have slightly different repercussion on this side of the Atlantic.

It's nothing like that analogy at all mate. I'm basing my opinion on very large sample taken from what I would consider a random pool. I was at a venue outside of Spain where you would expect a reasonable cross-section of people.* Your fast food joint would be a place where you would expect shit food and nothing else. My sample, if anything, should have worked in favour of the spanish as I would have thought it's very much a family destination, so would exclude large groups of lads or girls more likely to be making a nuisance of themselves.

* I am now thinking that I must not have got a random cross-section of people, but I'm struggling to see why not. Perhaps Disneyland is so expensive and standards of living in Spain are so much lower that you only get the wealthier spaniard, and maybe explains the proclivity towards rudeness and arrogance. Are wealthy people so much ruder than the rest of us though?

I've only met one Spanish person in my life that I've spoken to.

It was the day before I flew out from JLA to Istanbul in 2005. I stayed in the International Inn in town and he was over for a job interview at some Irish University. We were in one of those dormitory's as it was cheap as fuck.

He was a Madrid fan, and wanted us to win so that Milan wouldn't get closer to their European Cups record. Anyhow, he was impressed my knowledge of Madrid greats past, but had a particular dislike for Samuel Eto'o.

And I quote: "HE'S A FOCKING MONKEY". Racist bastard. I happened to have a long conversation about how that was acceptable over there but not over here, and he laughable suggested the racist chanting when they played England was a deliberate pisstake towards the English press for suggesting they had a Racism problem. Utter bollocks.

Nice chap really, but saw the racism thing as 'no biggie'. I guess it's acceptable behaviour over there along with cruelly butchering drugged up bulls for morbid entertainment.

In my work I deal with customers from all over Europe and have to say the Spanish do appear rude. This may be a perception and not however a reality.

For instance when deciding to buy or not to make a purchase I find that although speaking fluent English they will turn to disuss we each other in Spanish. My pidgeon Spanish helps me understand what they are saying.

Contary to this I find Scandinavians and the dutch in particular very polite and would not dream of doing this.

Japanese are my least favourite customers as they insist on touching everthing with no intention of purchasing.

The french were a little impolite, but nowhere near as rude as the fucking spics. My missus, who is the most placid human on earth, almost told one pushy old cow to fuck off, and my missus never tells people to fuck off, unless it's me when I'm trying to get some marital action going.

Someone like atk says this and the forum is all over him like a rash, but coming from the ironic, satirical Noos everything is fine and dandy, God i'm growing fucking tired of this place (apologies to the ever excellent Paul who initially challenged this outrage).

Isn't a the crux of these sort of problems just a different set of etiquette? Pushing in in queues seems very common throughout Europe and not nearly as frowned as it is here whereas crossing the road at pedestrian lights with a red is out of order in Germany and to do it in front of kids is like swearing

Went to Santa Pola a few weeks ago. It's a small Spanish resort about 25 miles from Alicante. Very few foreign tourists go there. Generally, I didn't find the people very friendly. They generally seemed suspicious of us. The older people were the most bad mannered in general. To be fair, the younger lads (18-35) were generally nice.We had a bit of football related banter with them.

The younger girls/women seemed to be spoilt petulant little shites. Have to say, Spanish girls are really starting to pile on the pounds in the last few years.

Like I said, this place wasn't Benidorm or some predominantly touristy area. It was a very very Spanish resort. The only defence I can make for the people is that the region is home to alot of British/Irish criminals so maybe they've become suspicious of us all.

The Italians are far friendlier. Great people, especially in the South.

Went to Santa Pola a few weeks ago. It's a small Spanish resort about 25 miles from Alicante. Very few foreign tourists go there. Generally, I didn't find the people very friendly. They generally seemed suspicious of us. The older people were the most bad mannered in general. To be fair, the younger lads (18-35) were generally nice.We had a bit of football related banter with them.

The younger girls/women seemed to be spoilt petulant little shites. Have to say, Spanish girls are really starting to pile on the pounds in the last few years.

Like I said, this place wasn't Benidorm or some predominantly touristy area. It was a very very Spanish resort. The only defence I can make for the people is that the region is home to alot of British/Irish criminals so maybe they've become suspicious of us all.

The Italians are far friendlier. Great people, especially in the South.

I've been going to Santa Pola for ten years and I think your impression is completely wrong.

I ahven't read the whole thread, but I love Spain. Great climate, lovely people, nice food. The pace of life seems about right in terms of the whole work/life balance thing. I've got a lot of time for the Spanish.

*NB I don't really care for 'British Spain' i.e. the many places where you see nothing but Brits and English/Irish style pubs, and the whole scene that goes along with that. Stay home and rent a sunbed if that's your thing.

I've been going to Santa Pola for ten years and I think your impression is completely wrong.

The reception toward us did improve as the week went on, once the people realised that we were alright and we did make a genuine effort to speak in Spanish (not very good mind you).

Perhaps, they are just wary that they're nice resort is going to be overrun by every Zibberdee and Jade from Essex....I suppose you can't blame them on that front.

In hindsight, there is no genuine comparison with Italy, as the Italians don't have those fears for their resorts. They don't have a Bendiorm or an Ibiza and you don't go to Florence, Rome or Venice with the sole intention to get pissed and shag birds from your own country every night of the week.