You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spain, spanish, and the spanish

Elmyn Noos

There's nothing like sweeping generalisations is there?

I find the whole way of life, the people and the culture far better than in the UK and moving there was the best thing me and the missus ever did.

The fact that i spend half my time in the UK and half my time there allows me the chance to see the two countries side by side.

Sorry but only one winner.

And the "jibber jabber" you refer to is called "Spanish", it's the third most spoken language in the world.

How about a week away in Sothport for you then next year?

Still there's nothing like little Englanders is there?

There's nothing like sweeping generalisations is there?

I find the whole way of life, the people and the culture far better than in the UK and moving there was the best thing me and the missus ever did.

The fact that i spend half my time in the UK and half my time there allows me the chance to see the two countries side by side.

Sorry but only one winner.

And the "jibber jabber" you refer to is called "Spanish", it's the third most spoken language in the world.

How about a week away in Sothport for you then next year?

Still there's nothing like little Englanders is there?[/QUOTE]

Talking of sweeping generalisations, eh? I'm not sure you could call it a generalisation. As I say, my experience was on "neutral turf" and wasn't just based on a chance meeting with a couple of spaniards, but on quite literally thousands. I probably encountered more spaniards last week alone than most people will ever meet. Generalisation it is not.

Incidentally I'm actually pretty well travelled. I've lived abroad, am fluent in german, and have passable french. I started learning russian and spanish but never kept them up. I am aware of how widely spoken the language is, which reminds me of the ugly history of country too.

Spanish girls are waaaaaaaay sexy. Unapproachable sexy.

And they are slim unlike fat UK birds.

Not the ones I saw. In any event, I don't go for the olive skinned dark haired type - especially if they're all doomed to turn out like their mothers. I don't find Penelope Cruz in any way attractive. Give me pale and interesting any day. I'd stamp on Cruz to get to Beckinsale in a heartbeat.

Not the ones I saw. In any event, I don't go for the olive skinned dark haired type - especially if they're all doomed to turn out like their mothers. I don't find Penelope Cruz in any way attractive. Give me pale and interesting any day. I'd stamp on Cruz to get to Beckinsale in a heartbeat.

There is no colour or creed I wouldn't do dude. As long as the boobs are bigger than the belly mind.

I like Spain, but then I would as I would never go anywhere near a resort. If you want egg and chips, pints of tetleys and pissed off locals; the costa resorts are for you.

Want culture, friendly people, vibrant night life, excellent food and drink and beautiful women, try a city break in Madrid, Valencia or Barca; or stay beyond a resort where the Brits haven't been to fuck it up before you get there.

There is no colour or creed I wouldn't do dude. As long as the boobs are bigger than the belly mind.

I would never rule out a colour or creed, but I am much more likely to be attracted to white than asian, black or oriental.

That probably makes me a nazi, but I just don't generally go for darker skinned birds.

The french were a little impolite, but nowhere near as rude as the fucking spics. My missus, who is the most placid human on earth, almost told one pushy old cow to fuck off, and my missus never tells people to fuck off, unless it's me when I'm trying to get some marital action going.

Fucking hell, Noos.

I like Spain, but then I would as I would never go anywhere near a resort. If you want egg and chips, pints of tetleys and pissed off locals; the costa resorts are for you.

Want culture, friendly people, vibrant night life, excellent food and drink and beautiful women, try a city break in Madrid, Valencia or Barca; or stay beyond a resort where the Brits haven't been to fuck it up before you get there.

Read the thread mate. I wasn't in a spanish resort, or anywhere that is particularly overly frequented by english.

I was in Paris.

It is interesting that had I said I was in a costa resort and the english were appalling, not many would have ridden to their defence. We are quick to slag off our own country and elements of it populace, but leap to the defence of any other country that is knocked. It's a kind of reverse xenophobia.

Fucking hell, Noos.

I'm not sure that is particularly offensive is it? Throughout the course of last week I was trying to think of a more abusive slur for the ones that were constantly pulling my chain, but couldn't. That is part of my point. We have countless for everyone else, particularly the french and the germans, but just what I assume is a shortening of the term spanish (or hispanic maybe?) for them, which I don't think even they would take particular offence to.

Read the thread mate. I wasn't in a spanish resort, or anywhere that is particularly overly frequented by english.

I was in Paris.

It is interesting that had I said I was in a costa resort and the english were appalling, not many would have ridden to their defence. We are quick to slag off our own country and elements of it populace, but leap to the defence of any other country that is knocked. It's a kind of reverse xenophobia.

Fair play, I sort of speed read it.

I still stand by my comment as a general rule for the Spanish and Spain, if thats not a generalisation in itself.

I'm not sure that is particularly offensive is it? Throughout the course of last week I was trying to think of a more abusive slur for the ones that were constantly pulling my chain, but couldn't. That is part of my point. We have countless for everyone else, particularly the french and the germans, but just what I assume is a shortening of the term spanish (or hispanic maybe?) for them, which I don't think even they would take particular offence to.

I think it is. Certainly in the States from whence it originates.

Fair play, I sort of speed read it.

I still stand by my comment as a general rule for the Spanish and Spain, if thats not a generalisation in itself.

That is also an interesting point in this minefield of a topic. You can accuse someone of generalising when they slag a country or it's people off, but everyone that offered a defence of the spanish has done so based on their own limited experience. It is as much a generalisation to say that the spanish are a nice bunch because you met a few nice ones, as it is to say the opposite.