You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PSV

aws

It's an open draw from now on:

Knockout phase

From the last 16 until the semi-finals, clubs play two matches against each other on a home and away basis with the same rules as the qualifying rounds applied. In the last 16, group winners play runners-up other than teams from their own pool or nation, while from the quarter-finals on the draw is free.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/index.html

It's an open draw from now on:

Knockout phase

From the last 16 until the semi-finals, clubs play two matches against each other on a home and away basis with the same rules as the qualifying rounds applied. In the last 16, group winners play runners-up other than teams from their own pool or nation, while from the quarter-finals on the draw is free.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/index.html

Thanks Neil. I thought when we shared the group with chelsea that we were free of them until the semis. I must have been wrong unless they've changed the rules.

Anyway it's good news as it increases our chances of avoiding the mancs or chelsea.

I'd prefer to avoid Chelsea and Milan. They would both be fired up to get revenge for 2005, and these things often have a funny way of evening out.

I expect the Mancs to get PSV as they're the weakest side left in the draw.

the Mancs are "lucky, lucky bastards " when it comes to cup draws. I fully expect them to draw the weakest side left in the comp.

I dont think Uefa will seriously allow 2 English teams to contest the final.

They will fear a bloodbath at thier showpiece.

Two of the teams will draw each other in the 1/4's and if there are two left next round they will meet in the semis.

unfortunatly theres nothing they could do about it. then again platini would love us & the mancs to self destrut so they could ban us again & let the 3rd team in the likes of moldova get through.

unfortunatly theres nothing they could do about it. then again platini would love us & the mancs to self destrut so they could ban us again & let the 3rd team in the likes of moldova get through.

Unfortunately I think if it did happen and we got to the final against the Mancs, we would self destruct. I honestly could not see any other outcome.

If we are going to draw the mancs let it be before the final. I want a good festive time in Athens, if we do get through - not a hate filled atmosphere.

I dont think Uefa will seriously allow 2 English teams to contest the final.

They will fear a bloodbath at thier showpiece.

Two of the teams will draw each other in the 1/4's and if there are two left next round they will meet in the semis.

Thats what i think. Two english teams will be drawn against each other. So I hope its United Vs Chelsea with us against PSV or continuing our Spanish odyssey against Valencia. But in reality I see us getting the Chavs and United getting PSV.