You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The GF Recipe Thread

Karl_b

• 2 weeks later...

Fanjita mix (as Mrs Paul insists on calling it) mixed with a beer and sliced up chicken breasts, peppers, red onion. Fry in a pan for about ten mins until chicken is cooked. Serve with tortillas, plain yog/sour cream/creme fraiche and cheese. Wash down with a chilly bevvy. Start to plate in eleven mins (assuming you've marinated the chicken earlier, which takes a grand total of five minutes to do).

Trying your fajita variation tonight Paul.

sausage sandwich with mayo,

was given this recipe have tryed it , Chicken breast, bone & skinless, put a slice of mozella in to the pocket bit with some sundried toms cook for about 15/20 mins then put another slice of cheese on the top & put under the grill to melt the cheese. salt & pepper optional

weetabix cake low fat & tasty

& my fave salt beef Bagel (no mustard yuk)

• 1 month later...

Do a simple tomato sauce (tin of chopped toms, olive oil, Tommy K, salt, Tabasco) while cooking up some good quality sausages. Chop sausages, when done, and mix into sauce. Then pour over a pan of cooked penne and peas and mix. Stick this in an oven dish and put in loads of diced mozzarella. Grate a load of Parmegiana over it and bake for about ten minutes on a medium to high heat. If you name is Remmington Remboid, simply leave out the sausages. If you're a girl, leave out the chilli-ness.

• 1 month later...

Tonight I diced some pork and fried it in olive oil with some leek and apple (seasoned to taste). When it was done I threw it into a simple Romaine lettuce, apple, walnut and cherry tomato salad with a dribble of olive oil over. Tasty.

Tonight I diced some pork and fried it in olive oil with some leek and apple (seasoned to taste). When it was done I threw it into a simple Romaine lettuce, apple, walnut and cherry tomato salad with a dribble of olive oil over. Tasty.

Hoo-hoo!!! Check out Junior getting bizay wit' da cheffin'. I like your style, Karlos.

Kedgeree.

Kedgeree (or occasionally kitcherie, kitchari or kitchiri) is a dish consisting of flaked fish (usually smoked haddock), boiled rice, eggs and butter. It originated amongst the British colonials in India hence was introduced to the United Kingdom as a popular breakfast dish in Victorian times, part of the then fashionable Anglo-Indian cuisine. During that time, fish was often served for colonial breakfasts so that fish caught in the early morning could be eaten while it was still fresh. It is rarely eaten for breakfast now, but is still a popular dish.

Most recipes now contain curry powder (or just turmeric) and coriander leaves. Sometimes cream or yogurt are stirred into the rice after cooking to make the dish richer. Early recipes however do not usually have these more recent innovations, using parsley instead.

The name is derived from an Indian dish (khichdi in Hindi also known as Pongal in Tamil) made from rice, lentils, onions and spices. Vegetarian and vegan versions of kedgeree exist, based far more closely on the original khichdi recipes, based on rice and either masoor dal (red lentils) or moong dal (green lentils).

This is my most faveorite thing at the minute. For veggies you could subsitute the fish for something else also.

• 2 months later...

New recipe I tried tonight was a 'Warm Mediterranean new potato salad'.

Heat some Olive Oil in a large frying pan, cut some new potatoes in half and throw them in the pan with a couple of cloves of garlic. Fry for about two minutes then add 50ml vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes. When the liquid has gone sticky thrown in some halved cherry toms, basil, pine nuts and mozarella. When the mozarella starts melting it's ready.

Serve with whatever you like, I had griddled chicken.

Extremely tasty.

Sounds good! I was actually thinking of bumping this thread earlier - made a honey and chilli stir fry from scratch.

Chopped up garlic? May try this tomorrow.

It's as good a thing as I've cooked in ages, well worth a go.

I just crushed them a bit and threw them in, but you could chop it up.

I've just got a slow cooker so does anyone have any recipe ideas? I'm starting tomorrow with a simple beef and tomato stew thing.

Edit - recipe us up on the stir fry.

Hoo-hoo!!! Check out Junior getting bizay wit' da cheffin'. I like your style, Karlos.

I didn't see this reply last time but I've definitely been a bit more experimental with food lately. I go through spells of not being arsed to cook at all (it can be quite a hassle for one person sometimes) but when I posted that one I was getting geared up for summer grub and now I just came across some new recipes and I'm really starting to enjoy (and understand) cooking more and more.

It's as good a thing as I've cooked in ages, well worth a go.

I just crushed them a bit and threw them in, but you could chop it up.

I've just got a slow cooker so does anyone have any recipe ideas? I'm starting tomorrow with a simple beef and tomato stew thing.

Edit - recipe us up on the stir fry.

I will do - to asda tomorrow lunchtime for pine nuts and stuff!

Well I was going to do chicken fried rice, but couldn't be bothered in the end.

Cook up noodles, then rinse them with cold water to take out the heat.

Chop up your usual stir fry stuff. I had chicken, spring onions, garlic, pepper, cashews and carrot.

Fry up the chicken in light oil, adding chilli powder and honey as it's browning. Take out the chicken and put aside, and in the same oil/honey mix add the garlic and onions then the rest of the veg. Chuck in more honey and a touch of water if necessary. Put the chicken back in, and soy sauce to taste, then the cold noodles.

I will do - to asda tomorrow lunchtime for pine nuts and stuff!

Well I was going to do chicken fried rice, but couldn't be bothered in the end.

Cook up noodles, then rinse them with cold water to take out the heat.

Chop up your usual stir fry stuff. I had chicken, spring onions, garlic, pepper, cashews and carrot.

Fry up the chicken in light oil, adding chilli powder and honey as it's browning. Take out the chicken and put aside, and in the same oil/honey mix add the garlic and onions then the rest of the veg. Chuck in more honey and a touch of water if necessary. Put the chicken back in, and soy sauce to taste, then the cold noodles.

Sounds good that, it's on the list for the week. All I need is cashew nuts.

Cheeky tip on cooking with garlic: use a microplane grater on it rather than slicing or crushing. You retain all the garlicky flavours but avoid the twin disasters of burnt garlic or garlic bombs. If I'd wanted a big fat chunk of garlic in my mouth I'd have bought a head of it from the green grocer and eaten the fucker raw rather than order a dish in your establishment, Mr Lazy Arse restaurant chef.

New recipe I tried tonight was a 'Warm Mediterranean new potato salad'.

Heat some Olive Oil in a large frying pan, cut some new potatoes in half and throw them in the pan with a couple of cloves of garlic. Fry for about two minutes then add 50ml vegetable stock and simmer for 20 minutes. When the liquid has gone sticky thrown in some halved cherry toms, basil, pine nuts and mozarella. When the mozarella starts melting it's ready.

Serve with whatever you like, I had griddled chicken.

Extremely tasty.

Sweet Jesus, Karl! That was the tastiest thing I've had in a long, long time. Thanks for that.