You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fuck. DIC pull out ..

Barrington Womble

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured that JoshW character was rash to be honest.

I'll second that, this quote got me head thinking

I agree, but we were quite down the road with DIC, and had an agreement in place complete with an exclusivity - surely DIC woud be pissed off we renaged on that for more money? Does Luca Neil ring any bells here? Exactly the same thing

Anway enough of that

I don't know what to think about all of this now.

The PR machine is well and truly in force - I think we'll just have to wait and see what happens now.

Barry Wom - great stuff in this thread mate, you're making a lot of sense.

How about you sell your shares and give me a dropsy :whistle:

The PR machine is well and truly in force - I think we'll just have to wait and see what happens now.

1) - I wonder who he is getting to write them for him

2) He wont, he's a minge.

:whistle:

any profits i make have already been allocated to the sandon or the cabbage!

ill second that !

Since weds ive thought about this and i think were just totally pissed off cos we believed there would be untold riches to buy whoever and whatever player.

The club are talking up the 'griswalds' and we have no choice but to believe what there saying - i think if they promise say £30+million plus transfer kittys each season rafa will be happy.....

Im not worrying about the takeover anymore I cant influence it, I dont know the in's and outs and if it goes tits up ill still be a liverpool fan and thats the only certainty that come out of this that we (most fans)will love the mighty reds

Lots of naivity being shown on both sides of the argument over the last pages.

We don't know yet which bid is better, so we have to wait and see on that one. We do know that how Liverpool conducted the latter stages of this bidding process was disreputable. We tried to play 2 bidders off against each other, after already agreeing to the contrary. Theres no two ways about it, and it pains me to see our club act in such a fashion. But, they're all big boys, and will all get over it.

I find some of the reactions here amusing. Some people are starting to claim that DIC are incompetent and what not, based on some ridiculous extrapolations. Basically, making 2+2=5. Bottom line: DIC didn't tell porkies. The didn't raise false expectations in the begining. No point trying to invent bullshit like that now.

If the Gillette bid is better, so be it. Lets wait and see. My main worry is NOT based on the bid itself - AS NONE OF US KNOW WHATS IN IT. Its based on past performance of both parties.

As I said before, DIC - with their other sporting endeavours - have a history of looking for excellence in sporting terms first - and then raking in the profits later.

Gillette - as witnessed by the performance of his other sporting assets - does not necessarily view sporting success as a necessary prerequisite to financial wellbeing.

That, plus what we DO know about the relative financial muscle of both parties, leads me to believe that we may not have made the right choice here. But, time will tell.

On a personal note, I can't even put into words what I feel about a close mate of Bush owning Anfield. Thats a purely personal perspective - got nothing to do with whats best for the club.

Yeah... im sure your diary is such also.

"Liverpool called... cancel my appointments with everybody else- and get me my jet"

These are Proper businessmen... you fcuking moron. They actually have a gameplan and rarely do things on the spur of the moment.

FFS what do YOU do for a living? On a deal this big you would drop things at short notice to wrap everything up.

Now can you sit back and wait till all the facts are in the open and stop letting your personal dislike of Mr wom cloud your posts?

Yeah... im sure your diary is such also.

"Liverpool called... cancel my appointments with everybody else- and get me my jet"

These are Proper businessmen... you fcuking moron. They actually have a gameplan and rarely do things on the spur of the moment.

Weeksie was wrong to call you a titmaster. You are a Titmaster Pro II.