You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fuck. DIC pull out ..

Barrington Womble

Despite all these new stories, not once have I seen any explanation of how this deal is better for the club. Also, mentions of money for Rafa to spend on new players have been conspicuous by their absense. The only possible motivating factor I've seen in Moores' acceptance of the Yankee dollar is the 12.5% premium on the DIC bid. In short, and as Dave said, he's a money-grabbing twat. Red, my arse.

That is how I see it. It is all one big spin at the minute. I suppose details will come to light eventually and then we will see.

At present I am still in the camp that we have been sold out, judging on what I have heard so far.

I really do hope I am wrong but the evidence so far all points to a sellout to the highest bidder.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What relevance does it have?

He doesn't dislike the prospective new owners for being American but for what they've done or not done.

Not sure what bearing liking the NFL has on that.

If it makes you feel any better I'll PM Dirk and we can chat about it in private.

I think it's highly relevant, what with the NFL being an American sport and the proposed new owners being American.

Dirk seems to detest the prospect of LFC in American ownership, I was asking why this is so as he is comfortable being a Bears fan.

Despite all these new stories, not once have I seen any explanation of how this deal is better for the club. Also, mentions of money for Rafa to spend on new players have been conspicuous by their absense. The only possible motivating factor I've seen in Moores' acceptance of the Yankee dollar is the 12.5% premium on the DIC bid. In short, and as Dave said, he's a money-grabbing twat. Red, my arse.

if Gillett and Hicks offer everything DIC have in terms of how they will run the club, finance the stadium, generate a transfer fund and offer 500 more per share, why would they choose DIC? or put it another way, when Granada and the 2 city investors choose to take him to court saying why didn't they get the best possible price, how can they justify taking the 4500? remember here, LFC did not turn DIC down, did not ask for more money, they just asked for more time. DIC refused us more time rather than risk us fucking them off.

DIC have been played by the yanks and don't like it. I see nothing else to this right now.

Before, after or both? I'm gonna have a few in town beforehand but i'm up for staying out after to celebrate!

both. i'm planning to get there about 11.30 and back in right after the match. i hope you're right about the celebration - i just pray what has gone on at board room level this week has not distracted the players.

not for the first time on this thread Paul hits the nail on the head.

if Gillett and Hicks offer everything DIC have in terms of how they will run the club, finance the stadium, generate a transfer fund and offer 500 more per share, why would they choose DIC? or put it another way, when Granada and the 2 city investors choose to take him to court saying why didn't they get the best possible price, how can they justify taking the 4500? remember here, LFC did not turn DIC down, did not ask for more money, they just asked for more time. DIC refused us more time rather than risk us fucking them off.

DIC have been played by the yanks and don't like it. I see nothing else to this right now.

I thikn thats about hte size of it.

Maybe its just me but I can't get too upset about all this, as selling the club is the real dissapointment, not who gets it.

DIC, Gillette, Whoever, are all in it to make money. There are no good guys in all this, just lots of good PR. WE are right to question Moores and Parry and why they put so muchinto DIC and then asked for more time, but similarly, since DIC had put so much time in why couldnt they wait a few days to let Moores look at both bids.

The bottom line is that DIC walked away simply because Moores asked for a few days to think about a 450m pound deal that was for the future of the club. Isn't that what we'd want him to do ?

both. i'm planning to get there about 11.30 and back in right after the match. i hope you're right about the celebration - i just pray what has gone on at board room level this week has not distracted the players.

See you in there after the game then mate. Don't worry about it, it's gonna be a massacre.

I thikn thats about hte size of it.

Maybe its just me but I can't get too upset about all this, as selling the club is the real dissapointment, not who gets it.

DIC, Gillette, Whoever, are all in it to make money. There are no good guys in all this, just lots of good PR. WE are right to question Moores and Parry and why they put so muchinto DIC and then asked for more time, but similarly, since DIC had put so much time in why couldnt they wait a few days to let Moores look at both bids.

The bottom line is that DIC walked away simply because Moores asked for a few days to think about a 450m pound deal that was for the future of the club. Isn't that what we'd want him to do ?

That's exactly how I see it. I really can't get my head round what makes it so difficult for us to do this with loans if that is exactly what DIC and Gillett would choose to do.