You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gary McAllister's wife has passed away after losing her battle with cancer

Redzion

Gary Mac is a favourite of mine. When he hit that free kick against the blueshite he gave me the highlight of that season. His influence on our team when he was here was substantial.

To top it off he always carries himself with dignity and he's had nothing but praise for our club to my knowledge.

I'm sorry for his loss.

YNWA

I know there was a bit of aggro/controversy about these kind of threads a few days ago (Peter Osgood?)

However...I still can't help feeling for the guy and I have never met him. Maybe because, as others have stated, he was a legend, he scored that goal, was impeccable both on and off the field and that there is always a frustrating sense of "why do bad things happen to good people"...

We're all Liverpool fans and fooball fans...Gary McAllister became important to us all...our thoughts are with him.

Truly shocking news are one of our very own, truly depressing losing somebody so young and so close to you. My wife lost her son when he was only 19 and the grief was/is enormous and unfortunately the only cure for grief is time.

I really feel for him from the bottom of my heart, truly tragic loss

RIP

YNWA

I know there was a bit of aggro/controversy about these kind of threads a few days ago (Peter Osgood?)

However...I still can't help feeling for the guy and I have never met him. Maybe because, as others have stated, he was a legend, he scored that goal, was impeccable both on and off the field and that there is always a frustrating sense of "why do bad things happen to good people"...

We're all Liverpool fans and fooball fans...Gary McAllister became important to us all...our thoughts are with him.

Good post mate.

I'm really gutted to hear this. Even before Gary Mac joined the Reds, it was obvious he was a good guy and model professional, and he inspired us to really great things while he was here. He was a credit to this football club and my heart goes out to him and his family for this sad loss.

My Gary Mac moment was the year Coventry went down. He scored late in the game, I think to make it 2-0 and that pretty much assured the Sky Blues to their fate. He refused any congratulations for the goal and just put his head down and ran back.

Comsumate professional and class, very very rare these days. Thoughts are with him and the family with their loss.