You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crouch

Red Nick

This is a thread about him, I have every right to respond. So tell me does he has any of the following:

1. Aggression

2. Pace

3. Goal threat

Jesus, this is the 2nd post in the last 12 hours that I have been deemed to have been saying someone has no right to respond. Where did I say you had no right to respond? I am just saying that we all know you're views on crouch, thats all. When I said, "give it a rest" I assumed it wouldnt be taken literally.

I will concede that he lacks aggression, that is a fair point, and isnt pacey (but I dont recall that it is a requirement in players that link the play. Dont recall Dalglish having much pace). Goal threat - No one tried harder to score up until he did. As all strikers who go through lean spells tell you, you can try Too Hard to score. And then he had a run of 7 in 8 games. Fair enough he has been poor of late, but I dont think he deserves half the stick he gets on here.

DISCLAIMER: We are all entitled to our own opinions ;)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When crouch was brought in we were told that he would do a job particulary away from home where last season the ball had not been sticking with the strikers. He has to a certain extent done this. I was of the impression that he would be used a squad player and be useful in the games described above.

The poor performance of the other strikers has to a certain extent forced rafas hand and Crouch is now being used as our main forward. I feel it is unfair to blame crouch for the dire showing of his partners.

Who would have guessed that Morientes and Cisse would have been as bad as they have been. Until at least a couple of goalscores are brought in P Crouch will always look below par because he is being asked to perform 2 roles ie Link man and goalscorer. This was not the reason he was signed.

Adam, Requelme cost £2M last summer if I remember rightly. We could probably get Aimar for £8M this summer if we really gave it a go, he previously cost £15M as an 18 year old. We needed someone to unlock the door last night and someone to score the goals.

Gosh, imagine if we had Rooney and Nistellroy? It is obvious what we need but people keep banging on about the same nonsense.

Oh the irony!

Lets all live in Rashid's world, where he is always right and everyone else who dares to have a different opinion is wrong.

Its not worth it Gaz. Frustrating as it is, you'll never get your point across. When we win and Crouch scores next watch the change in attitudes.

Rash your opinions about Peter Crouch change after every fucking game FFS, if he palyes well you praise him if he plays rubbish we should never have brought him, yet you continue to defend Cisse and Morientes, both of whom have been less effective than Crouch this season, i am sure Rafa is not totally happy playing him every week, but the form of Cisse and Morientes has really left him with no option.

Its time that Cisse (who cost twice what Crouch did) and Morientes with his world class reputation stepped up an brought something to the team.

Rash your opinions about Peter Crouch change after every fucking game FFS, if he palyes well you praise him if he plays rubbish we should never have brought him, yet you continue to defend Cisse and Morientes, both of whom have been less effective than Crouch this season, i am sure Rafa is not totally happy playing him every week, but the form of Cisse and Morientes has really left him with no option.

Its time that Cisse (who cost twice what Crouch did) and Morientes with his world class reputation stepped up an brought something to the team.

I haven't defende Cisse or Moro, I just don't think they have done that much worse than Crouch has. I praise him when he does well correct, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think he is good enough and have said so since last August.

I haven't defende Cisse or Moro, I just don't think they have done that much worse than Crouch has. I praise him when he does well correct, but in the grand scheme of things I don't think he is good enough and have said so since last August.

Fair enough, but slating him after every game we loose really doesnt do your cause any good mate.

Question out of our four attacking options who would be your first two and why?

mine for the record would be Crouch an Fowler.

Fair enough, but slating him after every game we loose really doesnt do your cause any good mate.

Question out of our four attacking options who would be your first two and why?

mine for the record would be Crouch an Fowler.

I still think Crouch has done marginally better than Moro but for a game like yesterday where we only had one striker we needed someone to either:

a) put himself about

or b) score goals

I'd have thought we would have been better off playing Moro or Cisse as they can at least fire the ball towards goal aggressively.

Yesterday was like the beginning of the season all over again.

Crouch and Fowler for me too.

Morientes just doesnt look up for the premiership. Cisse just doesnt look a footballer at the minute.

Cisse would need to be played up front for a run of games ot be judged but I half agree.

If I could choose now, I'd have Garcia and Fowler up front.

Id go with whatever the manager decides as he sees the lads every day is rocognised as one of the worlds top tactical managers and knows the opposition and it's manager inside out.

Maybe the board could save several million a year by sacking Rafa and asking one or two posters on here for the team on fridays.

Stop it it's embarrasing

Id go with whatever the manager decides as he sees the lads every day is rocognised as one of the worlds top tactical managers and knows the opposition and it's manager inside out.

Maybe the board could save several million a year by sacking Rafa and asking one or two posters on here for the team on fridays.

Stop it it's embarrasing

The board alerady save several million a year by having Rafa.... how many other top clubs (with our prestige and power) have our transfer budget?

Rashid we've done this before. And you always fail to understand the more complex issues of the game.

Can you see that having Crouch has enabled us to recycle possesion well this year and get the midfield playing further up the pitch?

Can you see that by retaining possession we let in less goals and win games?

Can you see that we are going to finish second because of this?

Answer these questions, not the ones in your head that you actually have answers for.