You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who would you like....

welsh_kopite

Guest Pablo-B
Fernando Torres can score goals and have that physical presence... I'd like Michaell Owen back to be honest but would settle for Kuyt...

Is that it?

What about Desry Blaggabotockus from Milan? He'll only cost us 300 million.

Fernando Torres can score goals and have that physical presence... I'd like Michaell Owen back to be honest but would settle for Kuyt...

As much as you talk some shite, I do agree with you on the David Villa front. Rafa should have bought him instead of Moro. £8m to Valencia was a fuckin bargain. Unproven at the time and we could have got him for £5m or less in January last year, but Rafa opted for experience.

Oh well, Kuyt it is then. Forget Owen and Torres. We won't be able to afford them. Nihat as a cheap additional striker, whose contract is up at the end of the season I think. He's going through a dodgy patch at the moment, but is class and has what it takes to cut it in the Premiership.

Form is temporary

Depends on how much we have to spend in the summer. Can't see our budget being much more than £15 million, which will have to be split between three signings - assuming we don't sell anybody. Could have a bigger kitty if there are a few lads sold. I think Ashton would have been perfect for us, but he was a bit over-priced, and that's not going to happen now he's gone to the Hammers. I'm not sure Owen is reliable enough in terms of fitness to justify the fee we'd have to pay, and Defoe is too much of a question mark. Kuyt looks the best option on paper, but I don't much fancy our chances of getting him.

So, in short, I don't know. ;)

Guest Pablo-B

Think Cisse and Dudek will be sold, so there's 7 million. And maybe one or two others. Morientes? Another 3 million. Add that to our usual 10/15 million summer kitty, and we should be sorted.

Can't see our budget being much more than £15 million, which will have to be split between three signings - assuming we don't sell anybody. Could have a bigger kitty if there are a few lads sold.

We have a lot of players out on loan, many of which won't probably won't come back. If we can get money for this lot, that'll be a bonus.

They'll be more casualites from players still here in the summer. We should get a decent amount for them (not what we paid obviously).

Hopefully we'll get some good news on the investment front in the AGM in a couple of weeks ;)

Guest Brian Stewart
Robbie Fowler.

Totally agree. After all the euphoria of Robbie returning last week, we now have all these threads, and comments in threads, about the lack of a goalscorer.

Robbie's unfit, has played one full match and made three appearances as sub. He's scored 4 goals. What are your statistics, Messrs Crouch, Cisse and Morientes?

We knew Robbie was unfit when he joined, and the club are working on that. And when he's fit, he'll show the others how to score gaols.

Believe.

Depends on how much we have to spend in the summer. Can't see our budget being much more than £15 million, which will have to be split between three signings - assuming we don't sell anybody. Could have a bigger kitty if there are a few lads sold. I think Ashton would have been perfect for us, but he was a bit over-priced, and that's not going to happen now he's gone to the Hammers. I'm not sure Owen is reliable enough in terms of fitness to justify the fee we'd have to pay, and Defoe is too much of a question mark. Kuyt looks the best option on paper, but I don't much fancy our chances of getting him.

I reckon owen's fitness has been fine

a broken foot doesn't quite fall into the 'dodgy fitness' category

he'd be a welcome addition imo

also, i think we'd be in pole position to sign kuyt. can't see spurs beating us to his signature

agree with you on defoe, and reckon the same for torres

I reckon owen's fitness has been fine

a broken foot doesn't quite fall into the 'dodgy fitness' category

he'd be a welcome addition imo

also, i think we'd be in pole position to sign kuyt. can't see spurs beating us to his signature

agree with you on defoe, and reckon the same for torres

When was the last time Owen played a full season for LFC?

I think Kuyt would be awesome. and someone i have been thinking of is... Germaine Defoe. He can't be happy at Tottenham not getting any game time, and he will need to go to a bigger club to prove himself for the world cup so im hoping we can get him... if he is on offer.

the sale of Cisse should give us another 5-7 mil to play with for a right winger, and if we dump dudek maybe spend the rest of the money on a GOOD goalie, not all these dodgy ones we keep buying and we should be all sweet for next season.

I think Kuyt would be awesome. and someone i have been thinking of is... Germaine Defoe. He can't be happy at Tottenham not getting any game time, and he will need to go to a bigger club to prove himself for the world cup so im hoping we can get him... if he is on offer.

the sale of Cisse should give us another 5-7 mil to play with for a right winger, and if we dump dudek maybe spend the rest of the money on a GOOD goalie, not all these dodgy ones we keep buying and we should be all sweet for next season.

firstly its Jermaine, and this has been discussed many times in this forum.

secondly, if he needs to prove himself for the world cup, i think it's a little too late now don't you? - ever heard of the transfer window?

the sale of cisse would be to bring in another striker,and i'm sure the funds are already in place for the winger we so obviously need

a final point to say that if you think Reina is dodgy, and if you are insinuating that we sell him, i'd prefer to leave that comment for the other forumites to answer.. i just don't have the energy

:dunno:

I honestly don't know who I want that is both available and affordable.

One thing I do know though, is that I have missed Milan Baros tremendously during the outings against Chelsea and Man U. I have missed his mobility, I have missed his pace. I have missed his power and I have missed his tireless runs to make space for our midfielders.

I hope our next striker can bring some of those qualities to our team.

EDIT: I of course miss his goals as well, but that goes without saying.

I honestly don't know who I want that is both available and affordable.

One thing I do know though, is that I have missed Milan Baros tremendously during the outings against Chelsea and Man U. I have missed his mobility, I have missed his pace. I have missed his power and I have missed his tireless runs to make space for our midfielders.

I hope our next striker can bring some of those qualities to our team.

EDIT: I of course miss his goals as well, but that goes without saying.

I agree there, Milan is strong, quick and aggressive, I miss him big time.

secondly, if he needs to prove himself for the world cup, i think it's a little too late now don't you? - ever heard of the transfer window?

the sale of cisse would be to bring in another striker,and i'm sure the funds are already in place for the winger we so obviously need

a final point to say that if you think Reina is dodgy, and if you are insinuating that we sell him, i'd prefer to leave that comment for the other forumites to answer.. i just don't have the energy

Er, it's Jermain.

no i am not saying we sell Reina... we shouldnt of bought him in the first place. He isnt the only dodgy keeper we have bought. What has Reina brought that Dudek didnt have?

too little too late... lol my fault i still havent got used to it being 2006, world cup year yet. Im new to this forum so i wouldnt know if defoe has been discussed before or not so no need to snap.

Ok, how bout u read my post again... i was simply saying that we sell cisse, but asuming we got the other players first then there is the money for the right wing. It works either way around, i thought that was pretty obvious.