You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Race for Walcott hots up

Rashid

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt that the Chav cunts will come in with a £25m bid :whatever:

Aye, but this whole Rash debate has been about US signing him. And the point still stands that if, and its a big if, if HE wants to play for LFC and is prepared to dig his heels in like, say Kewell did at leeds (but not like little Mickey did last summer with Madrid) then he can walk away in March, join us and a tribunal will set a fee, which woul dbe more like 3 or 4 million based on previous evidence.

Geoff, from what Ive read and seen on the Beeb etc while it is legally binding, it doesnt mean he HAS to stay there, at 17 he can sign pro forms with however he wants, but should it not be Southampton, then Southamtpn are entitled to compensation for him not signing. I may be wrong, but I dont think I am.

Cheers Red, that was kind of how i saw things, but havent been following as colsely as some others. Time will tell i guess, seems as if Arsenal is his destination though, nice to see someone not being lured by the Chavs though.

Cheers Red, that was kind of how i saw things, but havent been following as colsely as some others. Time will tell i guess, seems as if Arsenal is his destination though, nice to see someone not being lured by the Chavs though.

Well it looks like that might well be the case, that he's off to Arsenal. But equally, according to the press Arsenal were going to sign Agger right from under our noses and I still remeber the week before Kewell signed that teh S** had a full page spread about how Arry was off to Arsenal. Now I knew about Arry through contacts, I havent a clue about Walcott. All you can say is that until he signs elsewhere, w have a chance. And if Walcott needs reminding how well Wenger brings up young talent, mention, Hartson, Pennant, Jeffers and Upson. None of them worth 12m are they, even now !

I thought pre-contracts under the age of 17 meant nothing..ie werent legally binding

Didnt Defoe tear his up when he signed one at Charlton and wanted to move to West Ham

Ah Ive been racking my brains trying to think of a high profile example and couldnt. Thats right, Defoe was at Charlton and moved to West Ham for next to nothing. Thanks Lecter .....

Latest info I have (extremely good source).

Walcott is a big red, and wants to come here. We are his first choice. Rafa really wants him. Looks like he's going to Arsenal.

Is that because we have no money? are we vying for his signature or is just a case of Rafa admiring his talents and the club not pursuing it. Surely we should be able to compete with Arsenal financially?

Is that because we have no money? are we vying for his signature or is just a case of Rafa admiring his talents and the club not pursuing it. Surely we should be able to compete with Arsenal financially?

12m is silly money though and Rafa is a right player, right money manager as he has repeated time and time again. I think we would be able to bid 12, as that is about the figure being quoted for Simao. Depends on whether Rafa wants to spunk all that on such an untried player, regardless of his promise.

Don't want to get into it too much because I don't know all the facts and it would be unfair to repeat what I've heard as there may be more to it.

The only things I know for certain are that Rafa really wants him, and the lad has let it be known to LFC that we are the club he most wants to join.

Doesn't look like its going to happen though unless something dramatic happens before he commits to Arsenal.

Latest info I have (extremely good source).

Walcott is a big red, and wants to come here. We are his first choice. Rafa really wants him. Looks like he's going to Arsenal.

Rafa wants him, players wants to come and the European Champions can't afford him? Fucking fuck off Parry. Fucking small time. :wallbutt:

I really can't imgaine Arse paying out 12m on him - i'm pretty sure it would be an initial down payment and the rest over the period of his contract, with cluases based on appearences, winning shit with us and England caps to take it up to 12m in total?

Arse have purchased the majority of their big name players like this and are in substantial debt. Surely we should be able to put an offer in that is worthy of consideration? We paid 6m on Xabi - and the rest over his contract and appearances, which has just finally risen to 10.5m (Major Bargain!).

Come on Dave, lets us know if we are in with a shout, before i start wishing him all the bad luck in the world, and hoping that he becomes the next Jermaine pennant and not Mickey Owen/ Henry!

Don't want to get into it too much because I don't know all the facts and it would be unfair to repeat what I've heard as there may be more to it.

The only things I know for certain are that Rafa really wants him, and the lad has let it be known to LFC that we are the club he most wants to join.

Doesn't look like its going to happen though unless something dramatic happens before he commits to Arsenal.

Is this going to be ” I wanted a chair, I got a sofa” ?

I must say it is a bit depressing knowing that the player wants to play for us but 2 other clubs are capable of paying £10m more than we.

This is a bit frustrating…but I don’t want us to spend £14m on Walcott. He may be worth it, in the future, but the risk is high.

If we had a bottomless pit of money to spend on players and the new stadium already paid for then I suppose it would be acceptable to compete with Arsenal for the silly money that's been quoted. If Walcott really wants to join us then there's nobody making him sign for the gunners. He would probably be quoted as saying "I really would prefer to play for Liverpool, but...".

It's the "but" that means he'll go to Arsenal, because whether we can afford to or not, we aren't going to pay so much for someone who's so unproven.

I'm sure that stories claiming Liverpool were interested in Rio Ferdinand before he moved to Leeds had some foundation to them - but he was overpriced then and who would have expected United to stump up even more for him. That's a lot of money for United to spend on one player, who missed half a season later on 'cos of a drugs ban.

Arsenal are in a worse financial state than Liverpool by a mile AND they have a stadium to payu for too. We really should not be getting outbid by Arsenal. All that success and Champions League money and we get outbid by fucking Arsenal.

Where the fuck has all our money gone?

Rafa wants him, players wants to come and the European Champions can't afford him? Fucking fuck off Parry. Fucking small time. :wallbutt:

Grow up.. FFS... this is not Championship Manager.. It is REAL football. Maybe you should actually apply for Parry's job.. I'd love to see you do better, as you seem to be so knowledgeable about his role.

Live in your football manager dream world where you can just go and buy any player you like at anytime, the rest of us will continue to live in the real world.

Dude, it is the real world that we should go for this kid. It's not like signing Zidane for £50 million in 98 or something! But, if he does go to Arsenal, then so be it. Shame if, as Dave says, Rafa is keen and that.

Arsenal are in a worse financial state than Liverpool by a mile AND they have a stadium to payu for too. We really should not be getting outbid by Arsenal. All that success and Champions League money and we get outbid by fucking Arsenal.

Where the fuck has all our money gone?

Surely the question is where Arsenal's is coming from?