You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

14 minutes ago, Manny said:

Of all the games we had left this was probably the one I was most ‘meh’ about as I’m all in on Europe and the league, but fuck me it hurts to lose to that shower of utter cunts like that.

Especially when it’s completely self-inflicted. Sick of us giving them a fucking helping hand this season. 

And last season. They'd just been battered in their first 2 games of the season by Brighton and Brentford, and then we went to Old Trafford and turned in an utter turd of a performance to kickstart their season. We've failed to beat them far too many times recently because they really are fucking dreadful. We either seem to completely humiliate them or not beat them at all. We need to stop falling into this trap of playing the occasion and just treat games against them the same as we do with all the other mediocre dross in the league. 

United had downed tools and given up more than any other time I've seen. But we were too casual. Subs were poor. 

Robbo was causing them problems, Gomez had Garnacho in his pocket. Szobo had grown into the game and was causing them huge problems. 

Who knows, maybe medical team or whatever were saying the changes need to be made. 

I think that's the end for Gakpo now, I get that a lad might be out of form, but when that happens you compensate by working your bollocks off. Not good enough 

3 minutes ago, Judge said:

The arrogance here before matches against United…You never learn, do you?

Dave U in his last match report:

«Onto Sunday now then and as long as we don’t throw in a stinker then I don’t see how we don’t win the game…

.. I expect a comfortable win to set the record straight after their spawny goalless draw at Anfield.»

The clue is in the phrase "if we don't throw in a stinker"

It's not rocket science.....

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

These are the games when you need intelligent forwards and sadly, ours have shown again that they haven’t got a brain cell between them. 

Spot on.

The decision making from all of them is tragic.

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

So how did we lose?

Sometimes I think you play a character on here, mate.

For someone who supposedly has played the game at a decent level and has been a supporter for a long time, you should know enough to know that leading by one, getting suckered by one chance, and then subsequently losing, is not some unheard of occurrence in football.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tenfolder said:

Salah isn't even off on international duty.

The subs fucked us today, I don't mean the players personally but the game wasn't sorted, the game management coupled with arrant stupidity on the pitch fucked us today

Just now, KevieG said:

United had downed tools and given up more than any other time I've seen. But we were too casual. Subs were poor. 

Robbo was causing them problems, Gomez had Garnacho in his pocket. Szobo had grown into the game and was causing them huge problems. 

Who knows, maybe medical team or whatever were saying the changes need to be made. 

I think that's the end for Gakpo now, I get that a lad might be out of form, but when that happens you compensate by working your bollocks off. Not good enough 

I don’t disagree with much you’ve said but I don’t think Gakpo’s problem was his work rate today. He just takes to long to make a decision whether to pass or shoot. You can same the about Diaz although obviously he’s the more skillful of the two, part of the problem with the latter though. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Sometimes I think you play a character on here, mate.

For someone who supposedly has played the game at a decent level and has been a supporter for a long time, you should know enough to know that leading by one, getting suckered by one chance, and then losing is not some unheard of occurrence in football.

Suckered by one chance? You mean three? One is getting suckered. Two is sloppy. Three is a fucking roasting.

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

The subs fucked us today, I don't mean the players personally but the game wasn't sorted, the game management coupled with arrant stupidity on the pitch fucked us today

Dont disagree at all, soon as we made that triple sub it totally unbalanced us.

13 minutes ago, mike23 said:

...it's also hard not to worry what sort of impact a defeat like that will have on morale. 

I think it will do the opposite. It's not like we've lost in heartbreaking fashion and heads will go down, we threw it away and every single player will be fuming with himself that he's allowed it to happen, and will be even more determined. We'll see where that takes us.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Suckered by one chance? You mean three? One is getting suckered. Two is sloppy. Three is a fucking roasting.

We got suckered in the 2nd half, then their momentum took them to victory. Really hardly unbelievable stuff.