You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) - FA Cup Quarter Final, Sun 17th Mar 2023 (3:30pm)

Trumo

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

As poor as this is, I’m more inclined to think it will help us with the league game. I’m pretty confident we’re not going to get a repeat of this sort of display.

I agree. Just like our showing against Arsenal in the cup made me nervous for the league game, I think this will have us putting them to the sword from the off. Never like losing especially to them cunts but hopefully its a wake up call, and of all the competitions to have it in this was the one. 

3 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Can't win em all fellas.

Just take all 3 off these cunts in the league please.

This, best use this as motivation to not turn up playing like the games won when we go there in the league.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

We should have won about four nil in normal time. It was sloppy and arrogant from almost all of our players and consequently we've run more because of it. 

It is what it is.

There is good reason nobody has ever won all 4 competitions in and when you look at how we have had to manage in recent weeks we've done unbelievably well to be where we are.

Today stings - absofuckinglutely - let's bounce back and win the big one

Twat of a 2 week wait now though.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Baltar said:

Well done lads, given these useless sack of shits the biggest boost they could have wanted. Absolute shit show all round.

They fought til the end for their manager - he masterfully pulled the strings with two of his subs scoring to turn it around, including Antony.

Any talk of Ten Hag out now can be met with the derision it well deserves.

Seriously what is Elliott doing.  I don’t even give a shit that he scored.  It’s unforgivable.  Gakpo needs to be sat down.  He’s a complete fucking mess and doesn’t seem to be making the right decisions in any situations any more.  His greed is taking over to the point he’s missing passes because he’s holding on to it too long.  There’s a Mane/Salah style undercurrent between him and Nunez and it’s because he’s being a cunt on the pitch constantly.  That fucking pass from Nunez as well when every cunt on the pitch is screaming at him to pass it to the left back.  I’ve never seen so many shite decisions from a Klopp team.

Awful that, swanning round like it was a pre season friendly at 2-1, it was so comfortable. Quanseh is starting to believe his own hype, so sloppy at times, trying to be too clever in his own box. Gutted. Might mean the Derby gets played in Semi Final weekend now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJLJ said:

Totally disagree. We had it in the bag and we totally shit the bed. This is on our players and manager, not the schedule or anything else. If they wanted no extra 30 minutes, they could just have seen this game out in normal time. 

absolutely seething. 

They tried to "see the game out", that was the problem. Man Utd at home absolutely desperate would not allow us to just see it out no matter how shit they are. We had to put it to bed but for whatever reason didn't have the application to do so.

• Upvote 1

Hopefully now people will stop predicting that we'll hammer them every time we play them. Yes, they're shit, but they're jammy and shit and more than capable of nicking results if you're not at it. Which we weren't today.

Oh well, as others have said, maybe this'll focus minds for the league game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

I’m more angry our players didn’t listen to the Hillsborough chants and respond to it.

But it’s gone. Can’t see them spawning a win for the cup itself. Just use it to make sure we fuck them in the league.

We’ve only got ourselves to blame for that.

A failure to kill the game off when we were on top at 2-1 up was costly. You knew what would happen when we missed chance after chance. 

And Nunez needs the riot act reading to him in the dressing room for that ridiculous play for United’s third. In fact, fuck it, he’s to blame. It’s fucking stupidity. Gifts them an equaliser and the impetus when all he needed to do is roll a five yard pass to Tsimikas. Knobhead. 

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

As poor as this is, I’m more inclined to think it will help us with the league game. I’m pretty confident we’re not going to get a repeat of this sort of display.

More likely we create 100 chances spoon them all and they hit us on the break and even though we know their only strength is hitting us on the break we will play in a way that allows them every opportunity to do so.

I'm just pissed off still, that was fucking abysmal from everyone on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

We should have won about four nil in normal time. It was sloppy and arrogant from almost all of our players and consequently we've run more because of it. 

These players have a lot of credit in the bank from a good season, but that was disgraceful.

I couldn’t believe my eyes in that second half, Man Utd had actually given up, and we weren’t professional enough to finish the job.

• Upvote 2

I had a fear that when we started getting players back from injury, we might lose some of the focus we had from the backs-against-the-wall last few months.

We were far too casual when leading 2-1 and 3-2. 

I’d have taken a league win there over this, but absolutely no guarantee of that either.

• Upvote 1

Roy Keane once said "There`s no doubt in an era when The Premiership and Champions Cup have become the competitions to win, the FA Cup is nothing more than a consolation prize, an afterthought“

I agree!

• Upvote 1