You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luton (H) - Wed 21st Feb 2024 (7:30pm)

Trumo

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

That’s proper bare bones tonight. Fuck the performance. Just get the 3 points. A nervy, scrappy 1-nil will do. 

On another note, the lad on our bench, Danns, I used to play footie (casual - jumpers for goalposts stuff) with his granddad in Sevvy Park. And his dad played with us once too. When he was about 10. And he was amazing. Just skinning older lads and blokes for fun. He made it as a relatively mid-level pro (Neil Danns - started with our youth team then played mainly in the Championship/lower leagues for the likes of Blackburn, Palace and Leicester and now Tranmere’s assistant manager) which goes to show just how shit hot you’ve got to be to make it in the very top leagues. 

And, also could be one for the signs you’re getting older thread! 

rkVjN0.gif

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 players have returned from injury recently only to immediately drop again (forget Thiago obviously)

But to have Szobo, Salah and TAA all come back and then promptly disappear is not good and for my money points at something being wrong in our medical dept.

Just now, an tha said:

3 players have returned from injury recently only to immediately drop again (forget Thiago obviously)

But to have Szobo, Salah and TAA all come back and then promptly disappear is not good and for my money points at something being wrong in our medical dept.

I do wonder about that. 

I wonder if we don't let players play through minor muscle problems because they could be made worse. I wonder if its a player welfare over everything approach. 

If so its not necessarily bad but it is a choice. 

Personally I don't care about the Carabao Cup final it's always been a mickey mouse cup in my eyes. I'd rather get those who we can get fit and put our efforts into the league and Europa Cup. Let's get the 3 points tonight and put the onus back on City and Arsenal to win their next game

Just now, andyj said:

Personally I don't care about the Carabao Cup final it's always been a mickey mouse cup in my eyes. I'd rather get those who we can get fit and put our efforts into the league and Europa Cup. Let's get the 3 points tonight and put the onus back on City and Arsenal to win their next game

I like the League Cup, and you never want to lose a final, especially to those nouveau riche cockney twats!

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

I like the League Cup, and you never want to lose a final, especially to those nouveau riche cockney twats!

It's a personal thing mate I've always thought that those in European competitions should have an opt out option mate. I hate Chelsea with a passion but if something has to give I'd rather that than those City twats overhauling us in the league

30 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Robertson was always going to be rested and maybe a rusty Tsimikas with Quansah and no Alisson could be tricky. A million miles from ideal, though, all this. 

They are a danger from set-pieces also. No harm in having Gomez there