You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brentford (A) - Sat 17th Feb 2024 (12:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If memory serves, this lot killed us on transition last year, however, most fucking teams did as our midfield had the power of 4 harnessed children and couldn't cover the masses of pitch they once did.

Nunez had one cleared off the line and they then bombarded us for 20 mins with cross after cross and went in 2 nil up.

We handled them very well in the home fixture and let's not lose sight of the fact that these are as good as we're making them out to be.

Take our chances when they come and we'll be fine.

Be nice if we started a game like the players haven't all just had hostage bags pulled off their heads and thrown straight onto a pitch completely bewildered as to what's happening and why!

Brentford away is a really tough game but we can't drop points here if we think we are good enough to challenge come the end of the season. Obviously a win in any manner but it really would be nice to see us actually play well.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Be nice if we started a game like the players haven't all just had hostage bags pulled off their heads and thrown straight onto a pitch completely bewildered as to what's happening and why!

Brentford away is a really tough game but we can't drop points here if we think we are good enough to challenge come the end of the season. Obviously a win in any manner but it really would be nice to see us actually play well.

I don't think we have to have to win today but I replied to somebody else it's the optics. 

12.30ko. Chance to stay top no matter what else happens. That's a great feeling to have, knowing we can only stretch our lead at the top. I wouldn't be going it's over if we didn't win though but I agree the 3pts would be massive. 

Fucking hamstring injuries again. Really shit news Allison is out. Let’s hope for a similar outcome to when we played Bournemouth away a few weeks back. On paper a really tricky away. Went down there and did the business no messing. Same again today please. 

It’s probably been obvious for a while but theres a discrepancy between our training methods and the quality of our medical team.

All the injuries are the same type more or less and the same frequency.

Probably training to intensely and not having the quality of medical staff to handle it. Ive never know a team to suffer so many injuries over the years.

Anyway if we arnt focused and at it today there is no chance of picking up three points, this lot will make it hard from the first whistle.

Alisson misses a lot of games with injuries for a goalkeeper.

Imagine if we’d sold Kelleher for £20m and had Adrian playing last week and today. 

Because of Alisson’s brittleness, we need to keep Kelleher or else find a reserve of similar quality.

4 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I think we will lose points here today.

I dont think these are particularly good but they remind me of a modern day Wimbledon.

Long punts, big man up top, long throws and a couple of kickers at the back.

We need to be ready for the scrap.

12 hours ago, Code said:

Salah to save the day once again

Hope so , but he'd be on the bench if it was my choice . As much as I appreciate his brilliance over the years ,  I can only see Bradley's forward forages being stimied by Mo playing on the right.