You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Air Fryers

Poor Scouser T

I’m out getting the car sorted and then taking the lad to his f*#ty session and Mrs Curly is going to blast a cooked breakfast out on it for when we get back. I’ll see you all in the breakfast thread in a couple of hours. I’m pessimistic over what’s coming, especially seeing as my breakfasts are so high quality, as you all know and agree

2 minutes ago, Curly said:

I’m out getting the car sorted and then taking the lad to his f*#ty session and Mrs Curly is going to blast a cooked breakfast out on it for when we get back. I’ll see you all in the breakfast thread in a couple of hours. I’m pessimistic over what’s coming, especially seeing as my breakfasts are so high quality, as you all know and agree

I’m excited to see the results of beans in an air fryer.

This could be one of those ‘where were you when….?’ days. 

My parents could recite their whereabouts when JFK was shot. We will have something far more impactful. Dave could be busy later dealing with all the requests to change their vote on the breakfast thread. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

My parents could recite their whereabouts when JFK was shot. We will have something far more impactful. Dave could be busy later dealing with all the requests to change their vote on the breakfast thread. 

Mate, while a pro beaner based on the fact they are delicious and belong on a breakfast, I’ve jibbed them off these days. Not even having beans on toast at lunch anymore. They sit heavy on my, give me indigestion and can fuck off. Like an ex with daddy issues - I’ll remember the good times, but I’ll never go back. 

I might.

See, exactly the same. Great example that

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Good. Fucking. Grief.

• Upvote 3

Going to try a roast in ours today. Pork

joint with crackling apparently. Also, I pride myself on my roasties, so will be very judgemental on the results that the ninja churns out. I found this site though, which seems like fate…

50A41DB9-69C4-4802-AFE9-4F6ABF919F82.jpeg

1 hour ago, Curly said:

Going to try a roast in ours today. Pork

joint with crackling apparently. Also, I pride myself on my roasties, so will be very judgemental on the results that the ninja churns out. I found this site though, which seems like fate…

50A41DB9-69C4-4802-AFE9-4F6ABF919F82.jpeg

I prefer to do my roasties in a pot that fits in the air fryer, that way you can baste them occasionally, and if you like them nice and crispy you can give them another 5 or 10 mins in the normal air fryer 

• Upvote 1

On 01/12/2023 at 21:52, Kepler-186 said:

Get on BoredOfLunch on Insta for AirFryer (and slow cooker) easy to follow UK recipes. 

I cooked the chicken fillet , stuffed with red pesto, salami and mozzarella - less than 20 minutes and really nice .

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

I did one the other week in the tin foil tray it comes in on Bake for 25-30 minutes it came out fine 

That quote reminds me of a mate who said I had for come to his for tea as his wife is Italian and makes the best lasagna. 

My face as the ready made Lidls one went in the oven. With oven chips.

The Sopranos: David Chase confirms Tony Soprano's fate

5 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

The Ninja is pretty fucking good. I wanted Enchiladas kid wanted Breaded chicken and chips. Both in different trays different different temps ready together. 2 non stick inserts to wash. Happy with that.

I’m surprised that you like Enchiladas as I thought you would consider that to be ‘foreign muck’, you big racist.

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/12/2023 at 22:09, lifetime fan said:

They do what they do. 

Reading shite from established posters about doing breakfasts or roasts in them makes me what to go on a fucking patsy esq rant. 

Exactly. I am of the opinion now that they are the new microwave. They tried to promote the micro as a way of cooking a whole chicken.

The air fryer can't even do French fries unless you personally select each under cooked piece and move it.

Cooking and baking the traditional way for me.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Exactly. I am of the opinion now that they are the new microwave. They tried to promote the micro as a way of cooking a whole chicken.

The air fryer can't even do French fries unless you personally select each under cooked piece and move it.

They are brilliant. I have started using ours regularly and the cooker is almost redundant. A hob and air fryer is basically all you need.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

If your French fries aren't turning out nice in an air fryer, you are doing something wrong DP, and one shake halfway through is hardly a Labour of Hercules.