You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) - Sat 30th Sep 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

If they're keeping VAR then mic them up. Have three appeals each, a maximum of a minute for a check, and replays for red cards played at full speed three times. If you can't make a decision in that time it isn't a clear and obvious error.

And not have the fucking freeze frame at point of contact as the first thing the ref sees on the monitor. Couldn't believe that. 

• Upvote 7

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's unacceptable that offside gets brushed off, we've lost titles by one point, I'm fucking sick of it. Its not a sport anymore.

Made the same point to my dad. It’s not sport anymore. It’s bad enough that absolutely fuck all is happening with the 115 charges.

I went and sat outside the house after the ‘offside’ could see myself turning into Michael Douglas in falling down. 

6 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Called it.

*pats self on back*

A proper brain fart, but the onside was so obvious, and the protocol for not flagging marginal offsides so established, that the lino deserves as much flak.

They are surely not going with this how can they explain not noticing where the match was being restarted from ?

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's unacceptable that offside gets brushed off, we've lost titles by one point, I'm fucking sick of it. It’s not a sport anymore.

This is the point. Wee will be duckers by a decision that was wrong. There is a dreadful system in place to correct wrong decisions 

the decision was demonstrably wrong. Yet then system didn’t correct it. 

The point of a system is to eradicate individual errors.

There is no way that a human operator of said system that understands football could have said that the Goal didn’t need the utmost scrutiny.

so there is a human element and they have chosen to do us over on the day City dropped  points.

1 minute ago, Burgess said:

They are surely not going with this how can they explain not noticing where the match was being restarted from ?

VAR didn't intervene was the official word. Now it's reported that it did (erroneously, but in good faith).

Which one is it?

I'm inclined to go with third option: VAR intervened (erroneously, but in bad faith).

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Moo said:

It wouldn't have happened to them as he was dealing with referees that were leaning towards Man Utd anyway. Klopp would be like an angry man shouting at a cloud. 

I honestly don't think we can do anything about this short term except rebuff their so called explanations and apologies, just play it with a straight bat "we don't accept the explanation/apology". It would take support from influential people within football to achieve anything right now, which won't happen.  I think we can only take a longer term view, get an analyst in to review every single match in the PL every week and make a dossier and if it's damning in their anti-LFC agenda then present it to the PGMOL/FA and ask them what they're going to do about it.

What we can do is keep playing well, take advantage of the result at Wolves today, and keep winning as many as possible, and stick it up everyone with results.

Today was the worst of bad calls and bad luck, and we nearly got a point.

Klopp is a backs-to-the-wall expert and this could be the making of this season.

He and the team will deal with "injustice" a lot better than we mewling fans.

And save an especial "up yours" for Spurs when they visit Anfield - not their fault about the refereeing but fuck them all the same, celebrating as if they were the team with 9 men.

Hate Spurs me, @tokyojoe !

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Did Postecoglu concede that the officiating was preposterous and that Spurs got a gift, or was he full scab in his post match interview?

I only saw a tiny bit of Sky's interview with him - he was beaming away like he was some kind of tactical genius as they fawned over him. I would've felt I'd been hugely lucky and sloped off after a game like that but he seemed full of it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Happened to read this today by coincidence:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/i-didnt-see-barcelona-pay-a-referee-pep-guardiola-gives-his-take-on-negreira-scandal

Nobody believes in judicial process like Pep Guardiola... 

He probably didn't see those perfromance enhancing drugs he took as a player either

• Upvote 1

I've said it for a while, VAR is a tool for the corrupt. Some anonymous arsehole sitting somewhere is inexplicably making decisions that make no sense and does not have to explain or justify the decision. It's a black box the officials are using to influence results. It's such a farce. 

You seen how complicit the written media are with these cunts after how quickly they closed ranks behind that fat juice head who elbowed robbo last season. Everyone of them all fell into line that next morning and all followed the same story making it impossible for us to take it further with the powers that be. If I was robbo id have sued the cunt for assault.

They sit there sneering at the corruption in the foreign leagues yet the Italians, Spanish & Turks have recently gone after their own while our shitbags have sat on bombshells dating back to skys influence with the prem and utd to save their own money making careers. 

• Upvote 2