You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2024 Transfer Thread

Bjornebye

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Mbeumo is? I hadn't realised that. As I say, I'd be in no rush to get him either. 

Yeah Mbeumo done himself in last week, they're lucky the bottom 3 are so shit or they would be deep in the shite.

• Upvote 1

I would recall Carvalho till the end of January as cover then loan him or possibly keep him till the summer if needed. Might as well recall Philips and sell him knock down in the summer. Morton is doing well so probably leave him be. A CB who can play DM or vice versa would be ideal or maybe a loan from Saudi. Hendo?

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Boo Boo Booooooo.

Glazers out.

Give us back our dividends. 

£400m for Ten Hag isn’t enough. 

Green and gold forever. 

IMG_0545.jpeg

All the stories about that Jim Ratcliffe are around appointing new staff rather than buying players or spending shitloads that the fans demand. Hopefully he pisses them off as much as the Glazers.

We are supposedly watching a lad at Boro, as are the mamcs and Spurs. Hayden Hackney 21 year old defensive midfielder. From what ive read he's very good in the ball but still learning the defensive side, seems to get stuck in but mot winning enough duels

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

We are supposedly watching a lad at Boro, as are the mamcs and Spurs. Hayden Hackney 21 year old defensive midfielder. From what ive read he's very good in the ball but still learning the defensive side, seems to get stuck in but mot winning enough duels

Good job they were outlawed in the 1800's then.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Lee Cattermole mk II

Focus seems to be a left sided ball playing CB.

Not sure the defensive overhaul will be what people expect especially if Quansah continues to develop.

Might be 1 player who's 'ready' and has experience at the top level and then a young developmental player to come in (unless Sepp has a standout season on loan and they keep him as part of the group).

Either way it'll  be built around Vvd, Konate, Quansah, and Gomez with Gomez being cover all across the back line.

18 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Fabrizio Romano on Liverpool wanting Inacio who has a €60m release clause:

"What Liverpool need to do to secure his signature?. They need to pay his release clause"

Excellent analysis. I need some beer from the offy. I think the only way I can secure it is if I pay money for it. 

Harry Squatter, Football Insider, has a certain ring to it.