You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fun Footy Trivia Game

VladimirIlyich

• 4 months later...

This is properly addictive. And annoying: I keep thinking of a player and basically running through his entire career in my head, except his fucking name.

Incidentally, I like the way they accept women players, too; so, if you're looking for someone who has played for Everton and Man United, Nikita Parris is as good an answer as Wayne Rooney. (Not that my knowledge of the women's game extends to me answering any questions that way; I just like that it's an option.)

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I got 9/9 for the first time ever today.

(Admittedly it was piss-easy today, but still...)

I will try that myself. The main idea is also to get as few points as possible too. I think the perentages are the points and the more obscure the answer the lower the percentage. Football Family Fortunes in reverse,if you like.

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fuck knows how that works 

Fill in the grid with someone who has played for Liverpool & Man City; someone who has played for West Ham & Everton; someone who has played for West Brom & appeared in the World Cup finals; etc.

You only get 9 guesses, so you're not allowed to get any wrong.

I had to blank out the answers I'd already filled in.

Most days I either really struggle or just give up.  Today's was very do-able.

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Fill in the grid with someone who has played for Liverpool & Man City; someone who has played for West Ham & Everton; someone who has played for West Brom & appeared in the World Cup finals; etc.

You only get 9 guesses, so you're not allowed to get any wrong.

I had to blank out the answers I'd already filled in.

Most days I either really struggle or just give up.  Today's was very do-able.

What does the % thing mean? 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What does the % thing mean? 

It gives you a score for how rare your guess is; I think it's based on the percentage of other people who named that player.  The lower your total score, the smugger you can feel.