You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Welcome To Liverpool Benedict Cumberbatch

Alan Sex

39 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

I think selecting him is unreasonable.

They should have told him that he should stay at LFC and get bedded in.

Selfish cunts concerned only with their own success, and not the long-term career success of one of their players.

An U-21 player at that.

This. But that’s modern football all over, everyone concerned with only their own interests. Man U trying to find a way out not losing money on a prized asset. Every journo and pundit ignoring the City rule breaking and the inept and biased refereeing because it will tarnish the reputation of the league that is richly rewarding them. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, DaveT said:

everyone concerned with only their own interests.

Four years after the plane crash that killed soccer player Emiliano Sala, Welsh club Cardiff City is seeking about $120 million in compensation from the player’s former team.

Cardiff’s chairman Mehmet Dalman said Tuesday that legal papers had been served in its pursuit of “justice” against French club Nantes, despite a series of previous legal setbacks for the Welsh club.

Rulings by FIFA, the Court of Arbitration for Sport and Switzerland’s supreme court have gone against Cardiff in its legal dispute with Nantes since Sala died in January 2019.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Four years after the plane crash that killed soccer player Emiliano Sala, Welsh club Cardiff City is seeking about $120 million in compensation from the player’s former team.

Cardiff’s chairman Mehmet Dalman said Tuesday that legal papers had been served in its pursuit of “justice” against French club Nantes, despite a series of previous legal setbacks for the Welsh club.

Rulings by FIFA, the Court of Arbitration for Sport and Switzerland’s supreme court have gone against Cardiff in its legal dispute with Nantes since Sala died in January 2019.

Weird. Didnt Cardiff charter the iffy Aircraft? 

5 minutes ago, Dave D said:

Weird. Didnt Cardiff charter the iffy Aircraft? 

I think they have been trying to suggest otherwise for 4 years -- it is a bit of a pisstake in any case - the fee was like 16mil

Cardiff is claiming 110 million euros ($119.5 million). The club previously said it wanted to “recover what the club paid for Emiliano and additional damages for further consequential losses.”

After the crash, Cardiff disputed that the transfer deal with Nantes had been finalized. FIFA ruled it had received the required international registration forms.

“We bought a young man in the prime of his career, in good faith,” he added. “Somebody, without our knowledge, put him in an unfit aeroplane and flew him in a dangerous time of the day, or at night in this case and unfortunately, the two people died of it.”

“Why is it that it’s Cardiff that has to then write a check out for as much as that? Cardiff is not a wealthy club. It can’t afford this.”

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

A bit of a mixed bag tonight I thought.

His first touch to give himself some space in tight areas is fantastic, however his passing was very poor and he was getting visibly frustrated with each one that failed to find a teammate.

Clearly got talent. Hopefully Jurgen can unlock his full potential.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Not having he was poor. Looks a real player to me. Superb on the turn and carries really well. Ball for Diaz was superb. Reminds me of Moussa Dembele from Spurs.

In my defence, my opinion of his performance was based (in the absence of a working stream) on the first half comments on the match thread.

3 minutes ago, NoelM said:

A compilation of him tonight.

A lot of stuff that didn't quite come off, but that is ok - the intent is there and it will come off the more he does it and as he settles.

Looks like he can add some legs, ball carrying ability and an eye for creating things - all things we lacked for too long from our midfield.

• Upvote 2

A promising showing tonight from our new boy, but as I mentioned in the match thread, he looked shot shy and unsure of himself near to go.

That's to be expected after 5 minutes at a new club and what with how his time at Bayern went.

Not many players hit the ground running with that Suarez swagger.

Definitely a player in there.

Thought he did ok.

First game with a disjointed side, showed some good work but the final ball was a mess more often than not. A few moments of miscommunication with the late chance and the attack that led to the LASK goal. Looked like Elliot thought he was going to try and get onto his poor pass and by the time he reacted they were away. But he looked willing to get stuck in and showed when he does win the ball he will look to drive forward quickly. Looked even better when in there with Szoboszlai and Mac Callister. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

It will be Mac Allister with Dom and Benedict in front of him.

Mac Allister is absolutely wasted there.

Gravenberch has a really good touch just needs time and see if he becomes a proper player. The way he finished the game though I just hope there was real reason for it and he didn't just opt out because he'd had enough through tiredness or is one of these players that declares themselves unfit or injured when they really can play. Probably cramps to be fair after not playing for 80 years.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Why?

It is where he played most of the time for Brighton and the fella says himself that is his best position - Klopp seems to agree.

Where did he say its his best position, I read an article this week saying its not where he usually plays but he likes it. He'd play as an 8 with a defensive midfielder such as Endo or that Andre playing the 6. His busyness and speed of thought is way better suited to being a but further up. I'd have him where Jones ended last season.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Where did he say its his best position, I read an article this week saying its not where he usually plays but he likes it. He'd play as an 8 with a defensive midfielder such as Endo or that Andre playing the 6. His busyness and speed of thought is way better suited to being a but further up. I'd have him where Jones ended last season.

Apparently Klopp is a genius for playing Mac in a position he played regularly for Brighton:

Liverpool has found a new 'number six' as Jürgen Klopp pulls off genius position change

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-jurgen-klopp-position-change-27647645

So far, Mac Allister has made the most tackles and interceptions for Liverpool (15) in the Premier League. This is all the more impressive considering he has only completed one 90 minutes for the club so far.

He has especially been really effective in controlling the middle of the park, making seven tackles in the middle of the pitch, the most by any other Liverpool player. This has been effective in thwarting dangerous transitions for Liverpool, which often caught out Klopp's side, particularly last season.

On top of that, he has also made 26 recoveries, which is the second most for Liverpool joint alongside Dominik Szoboszlai. But again the fact that Mac Allister has played almost 60 minutes less than the Hungarian makes this all the more impressive.