You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UEFA Cup 2023-24

AngryOfTuebrook

On 10/01/2024 at 11:55, Kevin D said:

The final of this being on a Wednesday doesn’t work for me, at all.

Had to cancel plans to see Springsteen at Sunderland that night and go to Wembley in late July

Never seen him before, so if anything happens between May and July to foil me I will hunt Ceferin down and hang his over-styled torso on meat hooks.

2 hours ago, Megadrive Man said:

I don't think this will be as easy as some people think.

They've just thrashed a fairly strong Galatasaray side.

That Gala side is no great shakes. Molde FK rattled them properly in the group stages. Some big names, but far from a cohesive unit. Wouldn’t mind us sending a fairly young side to Prague, and turning them over in the return leg when the City game is out of the way.

That Gala side is no great shakes. Molde FK rattled them properly in the group stages. Some big names, but far from a cohesive unit. Wouldn’t mind us sending a fairly young side to Prague, and turning them over in the return leg when the City game is out of the way.

30 minutes ago, lebron said:

They were in the Champions league with United, Bayern and Copenhagen?

3 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Sporting vs Atalanta and West Ham vs Freiburg, think that’s two ties matching up teams who were in the same group. That’s pretty boring.

Leverkusen were in the same group as Qarabag and have been drawn against them in the knockout round too. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Didnt see this thread so started one

Talking to myself

Good draw. Need to try and get this done in the first leg. Would help us with the league game. Good to see Roma vs Milan. Hopefully that's them out

• Upvote 2

Atalanta not the same team they've been the last few years. They've never really travelled well either. Hopefully we can get a couple of goals at home and get it done. 

Not watched Marseille for a long time but they're 7th in League 1 seem a few Benfica games and Rangers gave them all they could handle so we should get through that with the second leg at home.