You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham Vs Liverpool - Wednesday 26th April at 19.45

Observations. 

Never a penalty. It looks like Ings just gets their first as Thiago is going for a tackle and then Ings boots it into Thiago’s arm, which is moving naturally to the pitch to help him land from his tackle. 

Diaz looked sharp. Jones and Gakpo are looking to have a lot more belief than a few months ago and are rightly keeping bigger names out of the starting XI. 

Joel Matip’s voice sounds like it should belong to someone else and his appearance doesn’t tally with his voice. Great header though. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

Sell him. He's the glove that doesn't fit.

That’s a bit harsh. I think he’s at least a good back up for any of the front three in lesser games.

Oh yeah…and sealed our win for our bit of silverware this season.

Nunez, Jota, Gakpo, Salah & Diaz doesn't look like too much of an issue for me. More an embarrassment of riches.

All our issues are in defence & midfield & I'll tell you what, Van Dijk is a large one.

• Upvote 5

Just now, Mook said:

Nunez, Jota, Gakpo, Salah & Diaz doesn't look like too much of an issue for me. More an embarrassment of riches.

All our issues are in defence & midfield & I'll tell you what, Van Dijk is a large one.

I called VVD being an issue back in September and got blasted for it. 

Nunez is t a Liverpool player

He will be good for the right team but set up and under Klopp I just don't see it. He will be here next year and probably lead the line in the Europa League so hopefully that keeps his value up. Whoever pulled the trigger on that deal has made a expensive mistake we can't afford. Spending 65ml plus on a striker you have now had to shunt to left winger,who now 3rd in the pecking order out there is a major fuck up. 

• Upvote 2

I’m not writing Núñez off yet. 

He was a bit shit tonight. But, he’s been out the team for a while. He’s bound to be rusty and it’s not really fair to expect him to set the world alight in a 10 minute appearance as a substitute. 

I was surprised that he doesn’t appear to be as far along as learning the language as he should be. That’s disappointing to hear and might suggest a bit of unprofessionalism. All in all, he’s in got it all to prove territory still. But, for me, his flashes of good play and his decent first season stats, along with that bit of different unpredictability that he offers us, has earned him a second season to prove himself. 

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

More and more people starting to realise Nunez is shite, I knew it would come eventually!

Someone flash the Stig signal!

Confidence is everything, and learning the system. He was improving until losing his spot to Jota.

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I called VVD being an issue back in September and got blasted for it. 

You want to be clement with the CB's because you have to defend so well in 1v1's with the way we play, and it's pretty normal that he would look a lot worse with our issues everywhere else and his injuries/ageing, but it's impossible not to be mad at him when he just waltzes around like a diva.

I'd probably take us pipping United to 4th on the last day of the season, City winning the league and FA Cup which no-one will care about, Everton getting relegated, and Divock Origi getting an injury time winner in the Champions League final against City prompting Guardiola to resign and fuck off back to Catalonia. 

Would be alright that. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 6

It was a bit of a mixed bag tonight with our performance very good in some periods of the game and rather messy in others, but the good seemed to outweigh the bad. It was one of the better away performances of the season (admittedly the bar hasn't exactly been set too high on that front), and it was nice to see us show a bit of resilience after going behind away from home for a change. Having said that, we got a bit of luck for a change with them having a 2nd goal disallowed for a very marginal offside and had it counted we'd probably all be in foul moods right now as I doubt we'd have turned it around from there. 

Trent, Gakpo, and Matip were all decent. Henderson, Mo and Nunez not so much.

It's still probably far too late for a top 4 run but all we can do is keep winning and see what happens. We have a run of home games coming up so we just need to keep going and put some pressure on the teams above. 

It wouldn’t have done Darwin’s confidence any good at all to be the 2nd sub behind Diaz later on in the game, and it begs the question - when will these front players train for the right hand side? Mo was very poor tonight, and both Diaz and Nunez need to be able to replace him as necessary.

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

I’m not writing Núñez off yet. 

He was a bit shit tonight. But, he’s been out the team for a while. He’s bound to be rusty and it’s not really fair to expect him to set the world alight in a 10 minute appearance as a substitute. 

I was surprised that he doesn’t appear to be as far along as learning the language as he should be. That’s disappointing to hear and might suggest a bit of unprofessionalism. All in all, he’s in got it all to prove territory still. But, for me, his flashes of good play and his decent first season stats, along with that bit of different unpredictability that he offers us, has earned him a second season to prove himself. 

It's not so much setting the world alight, it's just that he seems to have no awareness and his decision making is awful at times. It feels like in every game now he's holding onto the ball for about 4 hours and then getting the ball easily taken off his feet. He could well be a confidence player where he will be on fire when we're good but if things aren't coming off for him he goes into his shell and makes mistakes.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I'm starting to worry that he roof of potential isn't much higher than what we're seeing now, it seems to be very basic errors he's making and I don't really see how he'll suddenly improve by magic when next season comes around.