You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) Premier League - 4/2/23 - 15:00

an tha

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Should probably fuck the 433 off and every variation we pick that ultimately turns into a 433. I reckon we should play 9-0-1. 

Our defenders still wouldn't try to tackle the opposition when they have the ball.

At some point these players should be playing for personal pride regardless or whatever else is going on in and around the club. Yet I'm seeing the same things all the time. Wolves break on us for their third and Robbo is just chaperoning Traore down the side. At some point you have to challenge the player with the ball to make him commit, instead he waits, doesn't stop the lows cross and of course none of the other defenders are able to get affect Neves of anyway and it's a goal. It's like they're so afraid of making the wrong decision that they don't make a fuckin decision at all.

4 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yeah, I take your point. 

Brighton 6 on target, 2 goals

Chelsea 2 shots on target, 0 goals

Brighton 9 shots on target, 3 goals

Wolves 5 shots on target, 2 goals

Brentford 7 shots on target, 3 goals

Leicester 2 shots on target, 1 goal

Villa 6 shots on target, 1 goal

Southampton 5 shots on target, 1 goal

Spurs 5 shots on target, 1 goal

Napoli 2 shots on target, 0 goals

Leeds 6 shots on target, 2 goals

Ajax 2 shots on target, 0 goals 

Forest 7 shots on target, 1 goal

West Ham 3 shots on target, 0 goals 

Man City 6 shots on target, 0 goals

Rangers 2 shots on target, 1 goal

Arsenal 7 shots on target, 3 goals

Rangers 2 shots on target, 0 goals

Brighton 6 shots on target, 3 goals

Ajax 1 shot on target, 1 goal

Napoli 9 shots on target, 4 goals

Everton 3 shots on target, 0 goals 

Newcastle 2 shots on target, 1 goal

Bournemouth 2 shots on target, 0 goals

United 5 shots on target, 2 goals

Palace 3 shots on target, 1 goal

Fulham 3 shots on target, 2 goals

I make that 118 shots on target against us this year, and 35 goals conceded.  

1 in 3 goes in, approx. 

Stupid twat.

If all the back room staff who helped make us great again are all deciding to resign en masse then you’ve got to start asking what the fuck has happened. 

The manager, players and board couldn’t be further away from each other this season. 

6 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yeah, I take your point. 

Brighton 6 on target, 2 goals

Chelsea 2 shots on target, 0 goals

Brighton 9 shots on target, 3 goals

Wolves 5 shots on target, 2 goals

Brentford 7 shots on target, 3 goals

Leicester 2 shots on target, 1 goal

Villa 6 shots on target, 1 goal

Southampton 5 shots on target, 1 goal

Spurs 5 shots on target, 1 goal

Napoli 2 shots on target, 0 goals

Leeds 6 shots on target, 2 goals

Ajax 2 shots on target, 0 goals 

Forest 7 shots on target, 1 goal

West Ham 3 shots on target, 0 goals 

Man City 6 shots on target, 0 goals

Rangers 2 shots on target, 1 goal

Arsenal 7 shots on target, 3 goals

Rangers 2 shots on target, 0 goals

Brighton 6 shots on target, 3 goals

Ajax 1 shot on target, 1 goal

Napoli 9 shots on target, 4 goals

Everton 3 shots on target, 0 goals 

Newcastle 2 shots on target, 1 goal

Bournemouth 2 shots on target, 0 goals

United 5 shots on target, 2 goals

Palace 3 shots on target, 1 goal

Fulham 3 shots on target, 2 goals

I make that 118 shots on target against us this year, and 35 goals conceded.  

1 in 3 goes in, approx. 

It's as much the quality if chances we give up as shots. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Jurgen needs to be called out for his shite tactics yes we got injuries and players not on it but change the tactiics till players back we are so easy to play against at moment

You can change tactics every week but with Gomez and Matip at the back it would make no difference

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Didn't Klopp have a similar season in Germany. Plus that horrible period here couple of years ago. Maybe he has a weakness we don't see.

Yes, his last season with Dortmund. But there are clear differences to then in my view. Obviously, the bundesliga has a winter break and in that part of the season, the team was poor and if I remember were 3rd bottom at the break.

Jurgen said he'd sort it in the 2nd half of the season which he did with Dortmund finishing about midtable, I think.

But Jurgen was shot and announced he was leaving. He has better players here, now than he had that season at Dortmund. The team today was good enough to have beaten Wolves, just the same as the teams he's put out against Brighton, Leeds, Fulham etc were good enough to beat those opponents.

The players are just going through the motions now.

I dont think the owners would sack Jurgen although they sacked the King so, who knows? I do think all this  crap will weigh heavily on Jurgen. He looks like a man who has lost the ability to motivate these players because, as Ive said, the players want change. Fuck knows why that is because the man has taken them to heights very, very few will ever achieve again.

Sadly, that's how all this looks to me.  I dread seeing or reading the footie news at times like these because Ive seen what happens when this happens. All the bullshit Sky and the rest will put out about the manager 'given a vote of confidence' by the board and a short time later the inevitable happens.

Jurgen is a man of honour who likes to stand by his contract. The question is, with all these non performances by the players, is he going to think the players dont give a fuck any more, why should I when Ive tried everything?

Finishing second in the league has a habit of fucking us over the following season. The only time it didn't was in 2019, when we went on to win the league the following year. 2001/02 was followed by the Ged shitshow starring the likes of Diouf. 2008/09 was followed by the Rafa shitshow starring the likes of Aquilani. This season is as appalling as those.

We don't help ourselves by stepping onto the pitch and doing all the wrong things early on. Joel's first pass was a dreadful giveaway right from our kick-off, and he had a real stinker of a first half capped off by an own goal. He improved in the second, but only to the level of bang-average.

The midfield was not the issue for us in this one. Apart from calamitous defending, our forwards looked like they'd never met. Darwin had our best chances (the second he should have done more with). Cody tried but nothing came off for him. Mo was insipidness personified.

We are bad. Really bad. Like United last season under Ole/Rangnick levels of shitness.

10 points from CL. 11 from Relegation. Who was it that made a bet with a blue about points between us and Dyche between now and the end of season. Could be a long run in. Our lot have phoned it in. Shithouses the lot of them bar a couple I guess.

2 minutes ago, Butch said:

What makes us think that next season will be better.suppose it could be as bad as now. Absolutely no improvement in any area of the pitch or team. 

Some people seem to be under the impression that we’re going to be spending “big” this summer when under the current ownership we’ve never done that unless we sell first.

Our assets like Salah have fallen off a cliff now well. 

• Upvote 1

Klopp of course has tons of credit in the bank.

IMHO if he wants the chance to rebuild this team then he 100% should have it....it is beyond question in my view.

However if he feels he can't then he of course should walk away.

My money is firmly on the former and if anyone can make it work he can - he needs the backing of a stable and properly functioning football club behind him and supporting him though and at present doubts exist if it is there. Maybe if that persists and he sees no sign of things improving in the wider and broader operations of the club, he will decide he can't make it work and go....

We are at a crossroads as a football club right now it feels.

1st goal- matip just stops instead of carrying on as if wolves player was off. Play the fucking whistle Joel. What happened after was unlucky but the situation should never have developed that far. 

2nd goal- poor cross winds its way to cunha. Robbo follows him then stops, given cun time to turn and cross with no pressure. He did the same for villareals 2nd away last season. Just let the cross in. A fucking cluster fuck all round after that.   Wolves didn't create anything on their own and we're 2 down. 

It's that easy against us. 

3rd was always likely as we were pushing high but the way never  attacked the space unimpeded by any of our players was again, deplorable. 

We're officially broken. Manager down to doak.

Gimme 17th now and I'd take it. Free fall we're in and I can't see a draw coming next, let alone a fucking win. 

10 defeats on 30 games. Fucking hell

1 minute ago, Trumo said:

Finishing second in the league has a habit of fucking us over the following season. The only time it didn't was in 2019, when we went on to win the league the following year. 2001/02 was followed by the Ged shitshow starring the likes of Diouf. 2008/09 was followed by the Rafa shitshow starring the likes of Aquilani. This season is as appalling as those.

We don't help ourselves by stepping onto the pitch and doing all the wrong things early on. Joel's first pass was a dreadful giveaway right from our kick-off, and he had a real stinker of a first half capped off by an own goal. He improved in the second, but only to the level of bang-average.

The midfield was not the issue for us in this one. Apart from calamitous defending, our forwards looked like they'd never met. Darwin had our best chances (the second he should have done more with). Cody tried but nothing came off for him. Mo was insipidness personified.

We are bad. Really bad. Like United last season under Ole/Rangnick levels of shitness.

Matip seems to have reached almost Fabino levels of regression recently. Absolutely dreadful at Brighton and again in the first half today. Even in other shit seasons there were always a few players who still seemed to be performing at reasonable levels, but every single senior player other than Alisson this year just looks a complete shadow of the player they were 12 months earlier. 

It's actually reaching a point where it's an insult to the United team from last year to compare them to us this year. 

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes, his last season with Dortmund. But there are clear differences to then in my view. Obviously, the bundesliga has a winter break and in that part of the season, the team was poor and if I remember were 3rd bottom at the break.

Jurgen said he'd sort it in the 2nd half of the season which he did with Dortmund finishing about midtable, I think.

But Jurgen was shot and announced he was leaving. He has better players here, now than he had that season at Dortmund. The team today was good enough to have beaten Wolves, just the same as the teams he's put out against Brighton, Leeds, Fulham etc were good enough to beat those opponents.

The players are just going through the motions now.

I dont think the owners would sack Jurgen although they sacked the King so, who knows? I do think all this  crap will weigh heavily on Jurgen. He looks like a man who has lost the ability to motivate these players because, as Ive said, the players want change. Fuck knows why that is because the man has taken them to heights very, very few will ever achieve again.

Sadly, that's how all this looks to me.  I dread seeing or reading the footie news at times like these because Ive seen what happens when this happens. All the bullshit Sky and the rest will put out about the manager 'given a vote of confidence' by the board and a short time later the inevitable happens.

Jurgen is a man of honour who likes to stand by his contract. The question is, with all these non performances by the players, is he going to think the players dont give a fuck any more, why should I when Ive tried everything?

The players need to be told in no uncertain terms that Klopp will stay no matter what. They've been briefing amoral hacks like Melissa Reddy that everyone whose job it is to give them a hard time when they slack off are somehow the problem. That's disgraceful cowardice on their part. The stats show it beyond doubt - the players aren't pushing themselves, and they're now trying to undermine those who are doing their best to drag them back up to the proper standards. And some idiot fans are falling for that. They all need to have that particular set of excuses closed down.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not so sure about this. They had quite a bit of youth there.

Straight back up the table the next season.

Age profile of this squad needs bringing down - not enough prime age players in it especially in midfield.

I think we are the 3rd "oldest" squad in league.

We have started that work, but so much more to do and we seem to be short of those players around that 27 ish peak.

A few coming up to it, plenty past it (sadly) but not for me quite enough right in it - our only midfielder who is there is Naby Keita - that fact says a lot for me.