You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

33 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Let’s fucking hope so, it’s unrecognisable from the game I fell in love with. If all the top players wanna fuck off, broadcasting rights shrink, the bubble may just burst, it’s a fucking circus now. Listen to any fans these days a finances are discussed as much as the football. We might just get our game back. There’s too much money in it, if the Saudis wanna take over the circus, I’m all for it

Agreed it would possibly be the one good thing from the Saudi's taking over the role as the richest league in the world and taking all the big name players with them. We might actually end up enjoying and focussing on football rather than the finances and being the biggest league.

Trouble is it won't end up like that, we'll still have City, Newcastle, Chelsea and probably the manc's ultimately ruining the league. They'll all be insulated from whatever the Saudi's do, particularly Newcastle. This after all is about sports washing rather than sport.

Just seen this on the BBC, some people are fucking cracked:

"The best value transfer of the summer is Sandro Tonali. Absolute class by the looks this lad. Ran the show on Sunday and against Villa. Worst value for money signing looks to be Szoboszlai. Poor so far and struggling with premier league and for £60m it seems a poor bit of business.

Chris"

I think that Chris may be a bit of a cunt!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8/10 for me - the midfield black hole has been filled.

All the attributes it so sorely lacked last season have been added.

Feels risky and wrong not to have added at  centre half to me though. Hope we get away with that call....

Only things i would have done extra is a centre half and bin bagged Thiago. The 200k he wats up a week should be put to better use.

Had we got another CB it would be a 9/10 for me. Just still feel we have left ourselves very short considering the injury history of our CBs and as much as Robbo doesn't look comfortable with the new system Tsmikas will be even more so. 

Hopefully we look at whoever is Mo long term replacement in January and look at a defensive change up next year. Going to need some home grown players through the door soon though. Squad is very thin

• Upvote 1

Reckon our defence will be ok as long as we - as a team - play a bit deeper and sack off this high line. Gomez is alot more comfortable defending deeper and there's also no space for speculative punts in behind Trent if we do that as well. We'll always have the pace on the counter, especially with Salah and Nunez - and we now have a midfield who can carry the ball at pace too.

33 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Just seen this on the BBC, some people are fucking cracked:

"The best value transfer of the summer is Sandro Tonali. Absolute class by the looks this lad. Ran the show on Sunday and against Villa. Worst value for money signing looks to be Szoboszlai. Poor so far and struggling with premier league and for £60m it seems a poor bit of business.

Chris"

I think that Chris may be a bit of a cunt!

@Chris

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Had we got another CB it would be a 9/10 for me. Just still feel we have left ourselves very short considering the injury history of our CBs and as much as Robbo doesn't look comfortable with the new system Tsmikas will be even more so. 

Hopefully we look at whoever is Mo long term replacement in January and look at a defensive change up next year. Going to need some home grown players through the door soon though. Squad is very thin

Another top class defender to suit this system and a quality 6/DM was as equally important as the rest of the midfield upgrade. 

We’ve addressed 50% of what we needed to. The midfield acquisitions of Dom and Gary Mac excite us all. 

But a gamble on a 30 year old nobody DM  and ignore the defence, relying on 3 of your 4 injury prone CB’s when you’re looking at playing basically 3 CB’s (including using full backs in the system) is yet another fucking dereliction of duty by the cunts that own us. 

Just switched SSN on to see 5 minutes of the circus and was unlucky enough to catch some promo video with Cole Palmer patting the Chelsea badge and pledging his allegiance to the stamford bridge orcs with some rap music playing. Fucking bellend. The game is rammed with them though. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, gkmacca said:

I wish we would use that strong position to not only tell them we won't do business with them but also to send our support to all of those their country is wrongly imprisoning and killing. It's a shame everyone seems to think the only response to sportswashing is standing by and letting it happen. If they want publicity, give it to them.

In principle I agree. If we’ve learnt anything in the recent past though it’s don’t poke the bear. We’ve got the Mancunian referee mafia on our case, if we said that to the Saudis I’d just expect them to up the ante and bud more, for more players.

just say no thanks and be done with it