You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

From the half way line, off his arse 

Fuck that. 

A tight offside call, VAR taking forever, drawing all sorts of lines, it looks marginally offside.......but the goal is given that sends the bitters down. In the 99th minute.

The fumeeeeeee for the following years will be music. 

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

There was an international break, he missed like 2 games and the he signed for Barca but missed 3 weeks for them because he was genuinely injured. 

From Leicester on 23rd September (he was in previous squads) until he signed for Barca on 6th January, he played out his skin. 

I am not disagreeing with you that he played well but I think you need to revisit what actually happened.

He was out for 7 of the 21 weeks in his last half season.

Then missed two weeks with Barca and played in every game after.

1 minute ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Fuck that. 

A tight offside call, VAR taking forever, drawing all sorts of lines, it looks marginally offside.......but the goal is given that sends the bitters down. In the 99th minute.

The fumeeeeeee for the following years will be music. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, Grinch said:

Cuck central on here.  We can replace one of the best players in the world with a teenager who’s done duck all in the game, righteo.

Quite clear why the yank has a vendetta against Salah right enough.  

It’s just an absurd notion. Tell the Saudis they can have Salah if they deliver us Mbappe on an 8 year contract - they have the means to pay him whatever if wants under the table - and if not, fuck off.

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Cuck central on here.  We can replace one of the best players in the world with a teenager who’s done duck all in the game, righteo.

Quite clear why the yank has a vendetta against Salah right enough.  

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Sky desperate and embarrassingly so for Salah to go - had to switch it off it grates so much.

Heh, top stuff.

Howie you need to calm down mate. 

I understand you have a higher expectation of players than the vast majority on here and in an ideal world I’d agree with you. 

But this is a world where we made Barnes the first £10k a week footballer in Britain to stop him leaving. Keegan fucked off for more money as did Souness. 

You even had Souness advising a young Robbie Fowler (when he was actually managing the club!) to tell the club to fuck off, refuse to sign the contract on offer and screw them for as much as he could. 

Football is fucked, it has been for a very long time. 

• Upvote 4

The Salah situation is a seminal moment for this club . If he goes after the club has categorically said he’s not for sale just flags up the fact we are there to be shagged over . How do we ever keep a star player again if he’s on the Saudi shopping list . It will have knock on effects with other players that have joined in the belief we are ambitious and committed to winning trophies.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, lifetime fan said:

Howie you need to calm down mate. 

I understand you have a higher expectation of players than the vast majority on here and in an ideal world I’d agree with you. 

But this is a world where we made Barnes the first £10k a week footballer in Britain to stop him leaving. Keegan fucked off for more money as did Souness. 

You even had Souness advising a young Robbie Fowler (when he was actually managing the club!) to tell the club to fuck off, refuse to sign the contract on offer and screw them for as much as he could. 

Football is fucked, it has been for a very long time. 

I'm fine. My point the whole time is Salah is ready to leave he just doesn't have the will to say it, and is fine with pushing it onto the club.

Which is ok - but pretending otherwise seems naff.

The Saudi League will have a CL spot within the next couple of years - you can look back on the last few months and see that all I have been saying is this will move faster than anyone could have imagined and is willing to admit. And it has.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, magicrat said:

The Salah situation is a seminal moment for this club . If he goes after the club has categorically said he’s not for sale just flags up the fact we are there to be shagged over . How do we ever keep a star player again if he’s on the Saudi shopping list . It will have knock on effects with other players that have joined in the belief we are ambitious and committed to winning trophies.

I did not come on her to be shagged at 

• Haha 2

The boys had SSN on earlier when I was making dinner.

They had a panel of 3 manc twats on there as their ‘experts’ and you had the presenter calling one of the cunts Flex! 

I had visions of Rasher ripping his cock off, made them switch over immediately and couldn’t even eat my cheese and ham toastie. 

I despise Rupert Murdoch and wait with bated breath for his final day but that took my hatred for him to another fucking level entirely. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yeah well, would be much better if people in those realms didn't make promises they potentially can't keep, though. You know, basic integrity and whatnot.

How far do you extend that, if Salah downed tools (not saying he will) should the club keep him and play him in the reserves all season because they said they didn't want to sell?

There's lots of these nuggets of wisdom that we throw around that sound great in isolation (and we've seen a few of them this summer) that if you applied them all would cripple football and have clubs walking in circles unable to function.

On 31/08/2023 at 12:02, TD_LFC said:

We wanted to sign that Aussie right back from Blackburn at one point, the angry one who tried to kick or elbow anything that moved, was it him?

Catching up a bit here, so apologies if someone else has mentioned this but wasn’t that Lucas Neil ? Didn’t he break Carra leg after after he turned us down ?

21 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

The only one among those 3 that downed tools was Torres, I don't even blame him - he was playing for fucking Hodgson. 

13 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I blame him . The cunt was wearing a Liverpool shirt 

It must have been a very very tough call for the lad, though, in fairness.

Hodgson did turn us into Crystal Palace/WBA/(insert relegation battle team here) there for a few unforgettably horrific months.

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

How far do you extend that, if Salah downed tools (not saying he will) should the club keep him and play him in the reserves all season because they said they didn't want to sell?

There's lots of these nuggets of wisdom that we throw around that sound great in isolation (and we've seen a few of them this summer) that if you applied them all would cripple football and have clubs walking in circles unable to function.

If Salah downs tools, he can fuck off January 1st and we can replace him. 

He hasn't yet publicly said he wants to leave, so not selling him now is not an issue.

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

I don't expect him to down tools. I do think there is a slight chance that he will not be going at 110%. 

In fact I have thought that for awhile now. It doesn't take much of a let off at the top of this game to make a noticeable difference.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I'm fine. My point the whole time is Salah is ready to leave he just doesn't have the will to say it, and is fine with pushing it onto the club.

Which is ok - but pretending otherwise seems naff.

The Saudi League will have a CL spot within the next couple of years - you can look back on the last few months and see that all I have been saying is this will move faster than anyone could have imagined and is willing to admit. And it has.

Of course he’s happy to go and take the money. No one disputes that for a second. 

But this ultimately comes down to the club and he knows that. He also knows what tight mingebag cunts the owners are. 

There’s no incentive whatsoever for him to  jeopardise potential future financial success. 

He and his agent spent months in negotiations with the club playing ‘hardball’ over his new contract. 

The boot is on the other foot now and American capitalists can’t have a single fucking complaint when roles are reversed. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

He hasn't yet publicly said he wants to leave, so not selling him now is not an issue.

So he's still not playing for us and we're potentially 30-50 million worse off for very little gain?

I'm not advocating selling him under the current conditions, but there's a time and a set of circumstances when we might have to and I'm not sure 'well we said we didn't want to' is a good enough reason not to do it.