You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, Megadrive Man said:

I can't see that happening as it sounds like they want him now for the Club world cup in December. Plus Mo will be at AFcon for most of January, so I think it either happens now or next summer. 

I think they'll want him as part of the project as it'll be their biggest signing so far and especially because of his reputation in the region. As much as I hate our owners, I don't see any way we sell him in this window. It just feels all a bit coutinho to me without the back injury. 

1 minute ago, Carra_is_legend said:

Of course it's turned but if he is respecting us now by going with our decision that is the best we can expect.

What?

That is literally the least we could expect. He's under contract, he doesn't have any choice. Unless he downs tools - even then he doesn't.

We could expect him - or his hangers on - to say a bit about loyalty to the club that turned him from a class B world level player in Italy into one of the biggest players in the world. But for some reason we don't.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That's the point - his head has been turned.

He wouldn’t. He likely wouldn’t want to put any future move in jeopardy either. 

It’s only the club to reject it. I think £200m is impossible to turn down. If we accept, we should be matching that Brentford deal for Bakayoko ASAP. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

What?

That is literally the least we could expect. He's under contract, he doesn't have any choice. Unless he downs tools - even then he doesn't.

We could expect him - or his hangers on - to say a bit about loyalty to the club that turned him from a class B world level player in Italy into one of the biggest players in the world. But for some reason we don't.

We are clearly going in circles here, I am going to leave it at that. 

Salah’s agent said he’s not going a few weeks ago. It’s not like they weren’t aware of the kind of money that would be offered, it won’t be a surprise. Say something once, why say it again? No amount of our Saudi troll posting about how Mo says it’s up to the club changes that. 

7 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

We are clearly going in circles here, I am going to leave it at that. 

We really are not.

You think the most we could expect out of our highest paid player in history, a multiple Golden Boot is to show up,  - I expect a little more tbh.

What had Salah won before joining LFC? Genuinely, I don't mean that as a put down but what?

Swiss player of the year a decade ago?

We can take it further - what could he win if he joins Al- Whatever?

• Upvote 1

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

We really are not.

You think the most we could expect out of our highest paid player in history, a multiple Golden Boot is to show up,  - I expect a little more tbh.

What had Salah won before joining LFC? Genuinely, I don't mean that as a put down but what?

Swiss player of the tear a decade ago?

Some sand?

3 hours ago, dave u said:

and since then the wages on offer have probably tripled, at least. The silence now is deafening. Not saying they want the move, but they're making sure not to offend anyone as you never know what's down the line.

2 minutes ago, bossy said:

Salah’s agent said he’s not going a few weeks ago. It’s not like they weren’t aware of the kind of money that would be offered, it won’t be a surprise. 

C'mon man.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

We really are not.

Swiss player of the tear a decade ago?

You are contradicting yourself a lot. You say yourself he is in a contract and has no choice so why do you expect him to say anything publicly? As we both agreed his head must have been turned due to the money involved and if it has indeed been turned, why the hell would he say anything? I honestly do not understand the point you are making. 

What had Henderson won before joining LFC? What could he win now that he has joined Al- whatever?

Just now, Carra_is_legend said:

You are contradicting yourself a lot. You say yourself he is in a contract and has no choice so why do you expect him to say anything publicly? As we both agreed his head must have been turned due to the money involved and if it has indeed been turned, why the hell would he say anything? I honestly do not understand the point you are making. 

What had Henderson won before joining LFC? What could he win now that he has joined Al- whatever?

The point the entire time is his position is disingenuous and not to the club's best interest. And he and his agent know this and know it will become about FSG if they just keep their traps shut long enough. That is the narrative that suit both Salah and the Saudis.

Make of that what you want.

BTW you don't have to agree, but it seems difficult to position otherwise.

2 minutes ago, bossy said:

What? Of course they know. Things might change , I don’t know, but if he issues another denial, then they offer more, he’ll be expected to issue another, ad nauseum. 

Yes, that's not a high bar for a fella cashing the weekly wedge we put out. And it won't be ad nauseum - it would be over until the winter at the earliest the minute he said it.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The point the entire time is his position is disingenuous and not to the club's best interest. And he and his agent know this and know it will become about FSG if they just keep their traps shut long enough. That is the narrative that suit both Salah and the Saudis.

Make of that what you want.

BTW you don't have to agree, but it seems difficult to position otherwise.

For you maybe. I’m taking the stand that we only know what’s been said. Everything else is conjecture.