You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cody Gakpo - Welcome to Liverpool

Megadrive Man

5 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Jota and Diaz are back soon. We need midfielders. 

I am taking it as a positive that we have spent that much on a position that arguably was not our main priority. 

Maybe it was but for most midfield just cannot be ignored so hopefully that is a sign we have got a healthy budget to address both areas. 

Ideally a deal is pretty advanced for the midfield too, giving Klopp the confidence to ok the completion of this deal. 

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I hate to bring this up again but 3 years ago we had the best recruitment team in all of world football, we had around an 80% hit rate with transfers, everything we did was brilliant.

Now we've systematically dismantled that whole team and replaced it with Lijnders and vibes, as someone said on Twitter, and we're starting to see the effects. Gakpo is more or less fine, given the price, but it's a much bigger risk than we needed to take. Especially with the needs in midfield.

It must be said, however, that even if he's not completely brilliant, having the following rotation: Salah, Nunez, Diaz, Jota, Firmino, and Gakpo for the rest of the season must be one of the deepest forward lines in all of football history at a club side.

It is a bit ironic when there is such a lack of depth in midfield but the window hasn't opened yet and we are close to completing a deal for one of the standout players at the WC. 

Judging by Klopp's comments on Friday you feel that there may well be a bit more to come and if we can bring in 1 or 2 midfielders we could well be looking really good come the end of the window. 

Getting an international starter for a couple of positions we are shy on for max 50 million . What’s not to like ? Also I have concerns about the size and physicality of carvalho and Elliot  I see his size as an asset  to the future team. Lastly anyone who was shouting at tv last night for Salah to hit chance with his right well we have a two footer here. Bargain .  

40 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

Which thread was this info posted in Paulie?

I can't find it.

Edit, ignore. Podcast 

On the invite only twitter as well mate. Spaces available for gold members only. Sign up to gold then DM me 

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Pay a modest sub to the top guy, get embargoed info on our next buy. 

Simple isn't it? Not sharing the info with people who don't help pay Dave's substantial headband bills 

1 minute ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

On the invite only twitter as well mate. Spaces available for gold members only. Sign up to gold then DM me 

Simple isn't it? Not sharing the info with people who don't help pay Dave's substantial headband bills 

You were also first to call out the Enzo bullshit and you’ve had the Bellingham July 1st 2023 thing for two months. Credit where it’s due. 

9 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Love the way Klopp is willing to bring young players on. As we do that we need to become a little more ruthless with those spots. 

Nico Williams was a very good player, probably better than any of those mentioned here, and we sold him on.

I think the three you mentioned are very good players but are at the age where you cannot expect them to change much physically and all lack the strength and speed to make it at the very top. All will be decent PL players. Sell. Sell. Sell.

We look to have two transfer strategies. Pay a decent wedge for top players 23ish or roll the dice on 16 year olds. 

In the case of Ramsay and Doak - top 16/17 year olds.

Nico Williams a better player than Harvey Elliott? Are you sure?