You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Chinese takeaway; what's your weapon of choice?

Redder Lurtz

3 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fuck it. Usual beef curry & egg fried. Half now with a bottle of Primitivo, half later. At least @Bjornebye can knock one out over this. 

20220910_202001.jpg

It looks just ok ..... and square prawn toast is some serious sadomasochism however I've just started a film with Morena Baccarin in so I'll give it a crack mate 

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Getting a good Chinese is next to fucking impossible. Water-injected meat, MSG-stuffed gloop, sugar fucking overload. Does my head in. 

But on the off chance I find a decent one: hot and sour soup, ribs, prawn toast, crispy duck and pancakes, fried rice, roast duck in plum sauce, sea bass in ginger and spring onion, any fucking dim sum going, Jasmine tea to wash it down (after a bevvy to get me started).  

• Upvote 1

Starter is duck and pancakes, we’re lucky enough where they’ll shred it off the bone if you ask prior to pick up, then massive ribs in bbq sauce. Main is sweet and sour pork. But the pork has to be the pork fried in flour, not sliced pork in batter balls. Also substitute the sweet and sour sauce for the sauce out of the pan that they make the bbq sauce for the ribs in, has the remnants of rib meat with it. Half and half with the chips and fried rice. Plus whatever the lady fancies. 

The Chinese near me used to sell sweet and sour cashew nuts. But done like the pork/chicken balls. So they battered the cashews and fried them. So you got a good sized bag of them and a pot of sauce. 

Stopped doing it after a while which was a shame. 

Failing that I go to China Town in London and hit the Chinese bakery for Pork buns