You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Ramsdale gets worse every time I see that first goal.  Why the fuck is he slowly falling to his left, leaving the entire goal exposed?  

Because a shit goal keeper who’s gone under the radar last season whilst Arsenal were shit. Now they being seen more his weaknesses are more obvious? 

10 hours ago, Red Shift said:

The problem with the awakening Balrog a.k.a. The Manure, is that as they gain confidence, their opponents lose it - as witnessed today. 
Anybody who doesn’t think Utd can beat City right now is deluded. City just failed to beat Villa.

I’m fucking pissed off with that result today. I wanted Arsenal to seriously dent their (Utd’s) confidence which is gathering real momentum. United leaving us trailing in their excrement was not part of my planned season’s entertainment. Debut goal for Antony?

Fuck me a nightmare is unfolding before our eyes.

Slab head will be back next week and normal business will be resumed. He was on the pitch seconds and he was giving away stupid free kicks. Teams will just a target him, because he's a player who's gone in the head. 

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Slab head will be back next week and normal business will be resumed. He was on the pitch seconds and he was giving away stupid free kicks. Teams will just a target him, because he's a player who's gone in the head. 

Will he be back next week, what makes you think that?

Unfortunately Ten Hag seems to have developed this revolutionary tactic of identifying players that are causing the issues, dropping them and replacing with players that are better or fit the team/managers style of play. Genius, who'd have thought that such an out there idea would work!

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why would they put him back in the team, is the other cunt out injured?

1 minute ago, manwiththestick said:

Will he be back next week, what makes you think that?

Unfortunately Ten Hag seems to have developed this revolutionary tactic of identifying players that are causing the issues, dropping them and replacing with players that are better or fit the team/managers style of play. Genius, who'd have thought that such an out there idea would work!

That little Argentine shit head went off with a thigh or groin injury. It didn't look minor, he signaled the bench right away. 

13 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's certainly a magic trick they are running considering they pay about 70m per year in interest payments on the aquisitional debt and another wedge on dividends. In the mean time, we can't afford anything. 

Aren't we only slightly behind them and yet somehow we appear to have barely two pennies to scrape together?

Putting emotion aside and I hate saying it but a Manc win or draw was probably best for us.  We've had the worst start for years but we're still just six points off top and if we can't overtake the Mancs from here we're not winning anything anyway. 

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, aws said:

Putting emotion aside and I hate saying it but a Manc win or draw was probably best for us.  We've had the worst start for years but we're still just six points off top and if we can't overtake the Mancs from here we're not winning anything anyway. 

It's perfect. Still hate to see them winning anything though. Nice to see Arsenal brought down to earth a bit as well. Win win really.

Gee, people get carried away with opposition teams having a little spurt of form. I get that it's made worse by Liverpool's current form, but come on! 

Never forget Rodgers had the reds on a 13-game unbeaten streak, collecting 33 from 39 points. Not even half a season later, he was gone. 

51 minutes ago, A_S said:

Gee, people get carried away with opposition teams having a little spurt of form. I get that it's made worse by Liverpool's current form, but come on! 

Never forget Rodgers had the reds on a 13-game unbeaten streak, collecting 33 from 39 points. Not even half a season later, he was gone. 

was it really only half a season? i thought he fucked an entire season after that replacing suarez with balotelli and lambert, we got dicked 6-1 at stoke at the end of it and then wobbled into the next season because rodgers blamed it all on his best mate and fired him as some sort of fresh start.

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

was it really only half a season? i thought he fucked an entire season after that replacing suarez with balotelli and lambert, we got dicked 6-1 at stoke at the end of it and then wobbled into the next season because rodgers blamed it all on his best mate and fired him as some sort of fresh start.

That's right.

It was October 2015 he was sacked & Klopp came in.

5 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

It’s  mad that we are only 6 points from the top considering how average we been so far 

Yep, it's a real positive actually, given the performances, I would say the only highlights so far from players have been the ones we may not have expected much from, i.e. Elliot, Firmino, Carvalho (from bench) and maybe Gomez. Think Diaz has been decent also but does seem to drift out of games. Majority can surely only get better...

I wouldn't be resting Trent, I'd be sending him out to find his form...

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

He should have gone after that result. I know Klopp wasn't available then but that was was unforgivable. The performance in Gerrard's last game at Anfield against Palace was equally as pathetic.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Josef Svejk said:

It's been obvious all along that Pickdale is shit. 

Yup, there was a game against us where he was woeful but sky kept creaming themselves over camera saves where he palmed everything back into dangerous areas.

Engkish players always get vastly over rated right enough.

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

That little Argentine shit head went off with a thigh or groin injury. It didn't look minor, he signaled the bench right away. 

The 2 subs coming on for Rashford and Martinez were both stripped and ready before the above 2 went down injured. They are no more injured than Villa's keeper who Mings reminded was injured straight after Villa scored.

15 minutes ago, No2 said:

The 2 subs coming on for Rashford and Martinez were both stripped and ready before the above 2 went down injured. They are no more injured than Villa's keeper who Mings reminded was injured straight after Villa scored.

Do you not think? I thought Martinez looked in a bit of trouble. We'll see on Thursday I suppose. 

26 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Do you not think? I thought Martinez looked in a bit of trouble. We'll see on Thursday I suppose. 

I'd put the chances of him being injured at somewhere between nought and zero. He won't play Thursday anyway.