You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elden Ring

1 hour ago, Elite said:

I've started Bloodborne again and it's soo much easier now.

I gave up last time when I couldn't beat Father Gascoigne, beat him 2nd go this time around and the Cleric beast first go.

Still my favourite game of all time. 

I have got my platinum on ER and just waiting for the dlc. 

unsure if you have played, but Sekiro is phenomenal. But be warned, it is seriously fucking hard. Get on that next. 

31 minutes ago, Baresi said:

Still my favourite game of all time. 

I have got my platinum on ER and just waiting for the dlc. 

unsure if you have played, but Sekiro is phenomenal. But be warned, it is seriously fucking hard. Get on that next. 

I plan to do Demon Souls next as it's free with the new PS Plus thing. Sekiro hardest of the lot then?

On 09/06/2022 at 21:48, Elite said:

I plan to do Demon Souls next as it's free with the new PS Plus thing. Sekiro hardest of the lot then?

Sekiro is brilliant, is Demon Souls the PS5 remaster free?

Finished it, got all the achievements too.

110 hours, I've over-levelled, cheesed, sniped, run away, spammed attacks, read guides, summoned NPCs, used the Mimic as a better version of myself, and brought in co-op players to take out bosses like Malenia. At no point did I get good, and I couldn't care less.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

I have this game and have so far not started it. Much like about another 300 games. I'm wondering if the investment of time in a game is scaring me off starting them.

13 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I have this game and have so far not started it. Much like about another 300 games. I'm wondering if the investment of time in a game is scaring me off starting them.

Buy one game at a time. Complete it/sell if it's shit and then buy another.

4 hours ago, Elite said:

Buy one game at a time. Complete it/sell if it's shit and then buy another.

Wise words but that ship has sailed. I’ll stop buying and start playing.

On 09/06/2022 at 21:48, Elite said:

Demon's Souls is great, weird structure and some really unique mechanics, but the new one is also one of the best looking games I've ever played. 

I dropped Sekiro when Elden Ring came out, but was really enjoying it. A lot more on stealth and reactions, and less on being aggressive.

52 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Demon's Souls is great, weird structure and some really unique mechanics, but the new one is also one of the best looking games I've ever played. 

I dropped Sekiro when Elden Ring came out, but was really enjoying it. A lot more on stealth and reactions, and less on being aggressive.

I'll play them all eventually. Currently doing Bloodborne but will have a break after that and play a non-fromsoft game to prevent burnout!

I got the platinum on this last night, second play through. The “get good” shite is a myth. These games are all about persistence. It does help if you take the sacred relic sword to a certain spot and get op as fuck but I only really ground out runes on my second go around. Anyway, rivers of blood +arc/dex melts most bosses bar the bloody last one. Still had trouble with that Denver the last dinosaur looking prick at level 262!

• 2 weeks later...

FromSoftware is busy. Just a few months after delivering Elden Ring, the game director behind it, Hidetaka Miyazaki, says his company’s next project is already in the final stages of development, according to a new interview with Japanese-language publication 4Gamer.

The next game coming from FromSoftware could very well be a new entry in the Armored Core franchise, based on a substantial and legitimate-looking leak from January. Miyazaki has hinted at a revival of the mech-action franchise for years. Armored Core: Verdict Day, released in 2013 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, is the most recent entry.

Miyazaki also said that more Elden Ring updates are planned, but it’s unclear whether he means additional content — FromSoftware has not announced any sort of expansion yet — or balance changes and fixes for its open-world RPG. The developer’s Dark Souls series and Bloodborne saw substantial post-release content additions in the form of new expansions. But a more recent title, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, received a much smaller update — in 2020, FromSoftware updated its samurai-action game with a boss rush mode, new costumes, and brief recordings of gameplay called Remnants.

In the interview, Miyazaki also indicates that he’s in the process of directing his next game and that he wants to tackle a more “abstract” approach to fantasy. But Miyazaki isn’t the only one sitting in the director’s chair at FromSoftware; he says multiple games are in development lead by other staffers. The developer is growing (and improving its wages), Miyazaki says, and like many other game developers, is recruiting for new talent.

10 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

FromSoftware is busy. Just a few months after delivering Elden Ring, the game director behind it, Hidetaka Miyazaki, says his company’s next project is already in the final stages of development, according to a new interview with Japanese-language publication 4Gamer.

The next game coming from FromSoftware could very well be a new entry in the Armored Core franchise, based on a substantial and legitimate-looking leak from January. Miyazaki has hinted at a revival of the mech-action franchise for years. Armored Core: Verdict Day, released in 2013 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, is the most recent entry.

Miyazaki also said that more Elden Ring updates are planned, but it’s unclear whether he means additional content — FromSoftware has not announced any sort of expansion yet — or balance changes and fixes for its open-world RPG. The developer’s Dark Souls series and Bloodborne saw substantial post-release content additions in the form of new expansions. But a more recent title, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, received a much smaller update — in 2020, FromSoftware updated its samurai-action game with a boss rush mode, new costumes, and brief recordings of gameplay called Remnants.

In the interview, Miyazaki also indicates that he’s in the process of directing his next game and that he wants to tackle a more “abstract” approach to fantasy. But Miyazaki isn’t the only one sitting in the director’s chair at FromSoftware; he says multiple games are in development lead by other staffers. The developer is growing (and improving its wages), Miyazaki says, and like many other game developers, is recruiting for new talent.

I've recently grown to love FromSoft games (Elden Ring and Bloodborne, with Demon souls and Sekiro to get through) but that's the least exciting genre of game they could produce.

13 minutes ago, Elite said:

I've recently grown to love FromSoft games (Elden Ring and Bloodborne, with Demon souls and Sekiro to get through) but that's the least exciting genre of game they could produce.

Believe it or not, they've been making those games since 1997.

I've nearly platinumed Bloodborne now. Some of the bosses in the Chalice dungeons are a fucking nightmare. I think it's a harder game than Elden Ring but Elden Ring gave me solid foundations for it.

Demon Souls next...

I don't know, I love the sketchy Demon's Souls combat, makes it feel like more of an arcade experience. Plus there are still plenty of tough fights that need good timing. 

Then there's the mad tendency stuff. Such a weird game, it's great.