You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Elden Ring

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

They've patched it a little bit already, the bird doesn't fall off the cliff quite so easily as it used too.

It was definitely working earlier today. Pop it with an arrow from the ledge next to the site of grace and it was just running off the ledge.

11 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Starting to feel this game is like the World Of Warcraft episode of South Park.

Haha, I've sank way too hours into it already. I need to take a break before I find myself living in one room of the house with drawn curtains and a gaming chair, whilst developing rickets and a love of burgers (I don't have a gaming chair).

On 30/03/2022 at 09:50, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Only just got around to Stormveil. Wow, the level design is amazing. Such a juxtaposition to the open world combat.

What until you see Raya Lucaria Academy. Breathtaking stuff.

6 hours ago, Pidge said:

Love the way you have to manually cancel a bunch more messages before continuing since that patch.  Would be great if they fixed that at some point.

Some ass plonked a message on top of the grace after defeating the mimic boss. Took me longer to activate that then beat the boss. Definitely need to patch the message system.

Yeah, should have a certain area around any other prompt where you can't place messages (or where they don't turn up for anyone else).

Messages help a lot, mind. Placing a few gets some helpful buffs whenever anyone rates one (a free heal).

Similarly, if you didn't know, using a group password gives you buffs when other players do something. "SEEKERS" is a massive group if you want to see what I mean, can't go two steps without someone beating a shardbearer and giving you a buff.

Invasions in this one are only really an issue if you're playing co-op. Otherwise you have to actively invite people in.

Demon's souls turned me around on the multiplayer, not enjoying it so much in this one though, some of the weapons just one-shot you. Not a great basis for a duel.

They've apparently made Radahn tougher again, they meant to decrease his accuracy, but ended up affecting his damage too. So now it's 'one mistake and you start over' again. 

Actually a bit disappointed I ended up beating him in between the two patches. Got so close before deciding to go away and level up.

41 minutes ago, Pidge said:

400 must surely be new game + or ++. Doubt anyone's getting there in one run, unless they've found a real rune farm they can leave all day.

I'm around 120 now and, yes, things are still kicking my arse.

Fair enough. I'm up to the boss at Raya Academy, which from googling is about halfway. This game is huge!

9 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I dont even think that's half way.

Yeah, that's only the 5th out of the 13 main story bosses. That's without nearly 100 others apparently. Although a lot of those just appear to be rehashes of each other, especially in the dungeons and caves 

Haven't played much recently, but I'm still wandering around Stormveil like an absolute chump. 

Rooftops, ladders, ambushes, secret paths, lifts - I feel like I've played a game in itself, yet after a couple of hours I ended up right back where I started, near the gate.

Might have to use a guide to get to the boss.

23 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Haven't played much recently, but I'm still wandering around Stormveil like an absolute chump. 

Rooftops, ladders, ambushes, secret paths, lifts - I feel like I've played a game in itself, yet after a couple of hours I ended up right back where I started, near the gate.

Might have to use a guide to get to the boss.

Get on to the Fightincowboy walkthrough on YouTube. He's currently going through the whole game, I think he's on about video no. 70 and not even complete. But it'll give you an idea of what path to follow, just avoid watching right the way through the videos to make sure you don't get any spoilers.

• Upvote 1

On 10/03/2022 at 18:48, Pidge said:

You have to talk to her before the boss area (there's a room around the green area on the approach just before the troll), then she'll turn up just on the right before the boss door.

image.png

@Babb'sBurstNad the grace on the left is just after that big courtyard with a million enemies sat around. The other grace is by the boss door. The green bit is an NPC.

Also, I know the maps are shit, but that snaking line is the path between the two (got a few of those bastard birds on the way as well).

• Upvote 1