You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New IPTV Thread

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I don’t know if the ‘Max’ one has more memory but I’ve got the regular 4K one running in the living room. 

Once you put Kodi on and three or four of the OG apps you’re down to less than 1GB available. It’s no bother to clear the caches once a fortnight or whatever but there’s not much more you can fit on there because Amazon have chucked on loads of apps that you can’t delete. I’ve taken Netflix off that stick and use it through the TV remote. 

I've just realised they don't have an ethernet port as well, which I need as a wired connection runs better in my house for IPTV. 

Anyone using an android box for IPTV/KODI?

1 hour ago, Elite said:

My android box is goosed (Won't connect to internet even with an ethernet cable). Going to get a firestick but are the more expensive ones worth the premium?

Even if you don't have a 4K TV they are faster. The Max is worth the extra when they are all on offer. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Woah!

For fuck sake, Gaz. You know what this means now. You post on here about how great it is and we all end up having to buy one too. 

Ha, hopefully.

Didn't Carv have one? Sure I heard it mentioned before in here.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

You only live once.

Preferred the sequel. 

Let us know on the Shield. I was going to get one but cheap'd out and went with the Fire Stick 4K. I have to be honest, it has been really great. My lad has one too and we both watch football on it, and stream Plex. Works really, really well honestly. My mate absolutely swears by his Shield though, I think they're rapid. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Elite said:

My android box is goosed (Won't connect to internet even with an ethernet cable). Going to get a firestick but are the more expensive ones worth the premium?

In short, yes.

My main one is a 2022 Nvidia Shield TV Pro but I've got my trusty Beelink GT King upstairs and it is every bit as good as the Shield imo, and the operating system is better.

Gran one of those new off eBay or Banggood , well worth it.

Shit, just noticed that I read your post too late and you've already splashed out on the Shield.

If you use it only for Nodi and IPTV then you won't be disappointed mate because it is a fantastic streaming device, for other sideloaded apps though (like YouTube Vanced, which I use a lot), it's a fucking pain in the arse tbh, and I find I've got to use the Shield's remote in addition to an air mouse.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Elite said:

Do they come with an adapter? As I've never noticed one on a firestick?

I fitted an external ethernet adapter, relatively cheap. Have you looked at the Fire Cube?

16 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

My Fire Stick runs on wifi and is powered by a USB port on the TV. Works great. 

Mine are fine on the WiFi as well. I’ve been tending to leave the ethernet plugged into the Stadia. That’s getting fucked off now though. 

I plugged my PS3 in last night for the first time in years. Obviously I can’t play any of the RockStar games with my nine year old girl, so I thought I’d put The Last Of Us on and start a new game. I don’t remember the gameplay on that being too gory…

Fucking hell. I’d underestimated it. It’s an 18 rated game for good reason. But we were riveted by the start which is basically a movie, she wouldn’t let me switch it off and I displayed really awful parenting skills by allowing it to carry on for as long as it did. 

But we made it to the first decent save point. We’ll have another go later. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Mine are fine on the WiFi as well. I’ve been tending to leave the ethernet plugged into the Stadia. That’s getting fucked off now though. 

I plugged my PS3 in last night for the first time in years. Obviously I can’t play any of the RockStar games with my nine year old girl, so I thought I’d put The Last Of Us on and start a new game. I don’t remember the gameplay on that being too gory…

Fucking hell. I’d underestimated it. It’s an 18 rated game for good reason. But we were riveted by the start which is basically a movie, she wouldn’t let me switch it off and I displayed really awful parenting skills by allowing it to carry on for as long as it did. 

But we made it to the first decent save point. We’ll have another go later. 

I wouldn't worry about it mate, I was watching Freddy Krueger at 8 and it didn't do me any harm.

*Takes 2nd Antidepressant of the day*

• Upvote 1

I’m looking at setting up iptv as it seems my kids have signed up for every streaming service in the world (bar the footy of course…) and it’s costing me an arm and a leg. I have a pretty new firestick 4k but I have no idea what to do next. If anyone would be so kind as to clue me in I’d be very grateful and my kids would enjoy a not so grumpy dad. 

17 hours ago, bossy said:

I’m looking at setting up iptv as it seems my kids have signed up for every streaming service in the world (bar the footy of course…) and it’s costing me an arm and a leg. I have a pretty new firestick 4k but I have no idea what to do next. If anyone would be so kind as to clue me in I’d be very grateful and my kids would enjoy a not so grumpy dad. 

PM sent

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

How are you getting along with your Shield then mate?

Loving it so far. IPTV runs great as does Kodi. It's fast, smooth and the experience is miles better than my old android box. Wished I'd have bought one sooner. Game changer for me.

• Upvote 1