You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Rogan had absolutely no reason to become what he's become. He's better at smoking weed with Elon and talking shit with degenerates like Joey Diaz and Eddie Bravo than pretending he's some informative voice on science.

Yes he did! He's made millions and millions peddling bollocks to empty heads who lap it up 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha the feverish glee the non entities who wank over him completely ignore him being a fucking wanker. 

I'm not calling you a non-entity. I'm calling the twitter posts you quoted non-entities. Ultimately, it's a waste of their time. They aren't going to cancel Joe Rogan and it just takes time out of their day to vent about him online. I can assure you, Joe Rogan isn't spending a minute of his time worrying about any of them. Maybe that's why he's as successful as he is, and they aren't.

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Red Phoenix

Are you trying to point score on the interwebz over an actual Covid death?

No, not into point scoring over deaths. It was saved as the most recent thing in my bookmarks from earlier and it would've been posted anyway because it's fucking outrageous. Yesterday I was talking about daily covid propaganda against unvaxxed, and that's an extreme example.

That covid death has been twisted and used to target unvaccinated and it's fucking sick. To be expected from the media though.

16 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Fine, ivermectin doesn't work, Joe Rogan is a muppet. Cancel them both they're a danger to reality. Can't be bothered arguing tonight and need a break from this BS.

It doesn’t. There’s been numerous studies.  But I wouldmy cancel him, I’d just expect him to clarify where he’s wrong.  He does it on loads of other subjects.  I’ve heard a few, he just corrects mistakes in later episodes. No drama required. 

8 minutes ago, Boss said:

I'm not calling you a non-entity. I'm calling the twitter posts you quoted non-entities. Ultimately, it's a waste of their time. They aren't going to cancel Joe Rogan and it just takes time out of their day to vent about him online. I can assure you, Joe Rogan isn't spending a minute of his time worrying about any of them. Maybe that's why he's as successful as he is, and they aren't.

Christ. Brainwashed or what 

5 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

For someone who hasn’t watched much of his stuff, that’s quite a claim. 

It's correct though. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It doesn’t. There’s been numerous studies.

From the US NIH :

There is insufficient evidence for the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. Results from adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted clinical trials are needed to provide more specific, evidence-based guidance on the role of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/antiviral-therapy/ivermectin/

WHO :

The current evidence on the use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19 patients is inconclusive. Until more data is available, WHO recommends that the drug only be used within clinical trials.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-advises-that-ivermectin-only-be-used-to-treat-covid-19-within-clinical-trials

If even they're not sure why are you? And if the studies prove it doesn't work why haven't they updated their pages?

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

From the US NIH :

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/therapies/antiviral-therapy/ivermectin/

WHO :

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-advises-that-ivermectin-only-be-used-to-treat-covid-19-within-clinical-trials

If even they're not sure why are you? And if the studies prove it doesn't work why haven't they updated their pages?

They recommend only using it in trials. You posted that.  What more do you want?  

Do you even read the shit you post? 

Put it this way, would you recommend it based on what you’ve posted? 

27 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Rogan had absolutely no reason to become what he's become. He's better at smoking weed with Elon and talking shit with degenerates like Joey Diaz and Eddie Bravo than pretending he's some informative voice on science.

If you can't question "The Science" it's not science.

15 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Is he not doing exactly what we do on here? 

I find it funny that people want to hold him responsible for the decisions other people make in their lives. People need to hold themselves accountable for their own decisions, not finger the blame at others. “If it wasn’t for those other folk then he wouldn’t be this or that” It’s all bollocks. Own it. 

That particular podcast is actually a really good podcast (He’s been on about 4 times before I think) as it’s two people debating in the long form and respecting the others views and backing them up. People don’t seem to like the idea that someone looks at something differently than them.

Rogan, is as Howie says, is a performer. He’s got views and a platform to share those views. It’s the one the beautiful things of freedom of speech. He’s also got evidence from different scientific fields that he trusts, he shares it, some hes right, some he’s wrong.

Also, one thing to remember is that he’s never claimed to be an expert in anything other than hunting, MMA and comedy (I’m still undecided on the comedy) He always adds the caveat that he isn’t an expert and you shouldn’t listen to him. People can take that however they want of course. 

You don’t see that in short clips. 

There is a reason he is successful, and it’s nothing to do with Covid. He was big before that. It’s down that he hosts a good podcast and gets good guests. He’s a good interviewer/host. You get good questions that get the long and interesting answers and not just a 20 second sound bite. You learn about those guests more and get to understand stances on things. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I've always had an issue with you saying "it doesn't work" and you know that.

Is that because it doesn’t work?  Any study suggesting it does has turned out to be fraudulent.  What do you think about the number of fraudulent trials?  

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Christ. Brainwashed or what 

They only see things in black and white terms mate. The girl with the PHD only posts about Joe Rogan and Republicans. The second guy is the American version of Ian Blackford. Never offers a solution to anything, just cries nonstop about Republicans. The third guy writes articles about Trump and Republicans. If Joe Rogan was left-wing and pro-vax, they'd all love him. It's all political. These people see everything through the prism of left and right.

7 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Is he not doing exactly what we do on here? 

I find it funny that people want to hold him responsible for the decisions other people make in their lives. People need to hold themselves accountable for their own decisions, not finger the blame at others. “If it wasn’t for those other folk then he wouldn’t be this or that” It’s all bollocks. Own it. 

That particular podcast is actually a really good podcast (He’s been on about 4 times before I think) as it’s two people debating in the long form and respecting the others views and backing them up. People don’t seem to like the idea that someone looks at something differently than them.

Rogan, is as Howie says, is a performer. He’s got views and a platform to share those views. It’s the one the beautiful things of freedom of speech. He’s also got evidence from different scientific fields that he trusts, he shares it, some hes right, some he’s wrong.

Also, one thing to remember is that he’s never claimed to be an expert in anything other than hunting, MMA and comedy (I’m still undecided on the comedy) He always adds the caveat that he isn’t an expert and you shouldn’t listen to him. People can take that however they want of course. 

You don’t see that in short clips. 

There is a reason he is successful, and it’s nothing to do with Covid. He was big before that. It’s down that he hosts a good podcast and gets good guests. He’s a good interviewer/host. You get good questions that get the long and interesting answers and not just a 20 second sound bite. You learn about those guests more and get to understand stances on things. 

5 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

If you want to judge a persons character on a handful 24 to 90 second clips that you have seen, then as I said previously that’s a dangerous and disingenuous thing. 

I'll judge him however I fucking well want. 

Nothing disingenuous whatsoever I don't even think you understand the meaning of the word, that or you're a humungous hypocrite. 

He is laughing all the way to the bank while his brainwashed fanboys ignore his bullshit and blatant racism and defend him while funding his lifestyle. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself. 

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Is that because it doesn’t work?  Any study suggesting it does has turned out to be fraudulent.  What do you think about the number of fraudulent trials?  

That it's convenient for pfizer and merck. One thing I realised after spending a while looking at GMO's and Roundup years ago was that you can have an online group of "experts" that will allow nothing through at all that doesn't conform to their beliefs. I mean nothing, they'll jump on anything they don't agree with and declare it bad science. Then as time passes that view can fall apart.

Since then I've been a lot more sceptical of claims that constantly side with major pharma/biotech corps.

I don't know if ivermectin works or not, neither do many others and that includes the NIH, WHO and Joe Rogan.

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

That it's convenient for pfizer and merck. One thing I realised after spending a while looking at GMO's and Roundup years ago was that you can have an online group of "experts" that will allow nothing through at all that doesn't conform to their beliefs. I mean nothing, they'll jump on anything they don't agree with and declare it bad science. Then as time passes that view can fall apart.

Since then I've been a lot more sceptical of claims that constantly side with major pharma/biotech corps.

I don't know if ivermectin works or not, neither do many others and that includes the NIH, WHO and Joe Rogan.

So, if you don’t know don’t you think it’s irresponsible to recommend it?  I mean we don’t know if loads of stuff works. It’s weird the things that are the most studied medicines the world has known you won’t have, but the stuff we don’t know about you favour. It’s almost as if …

15 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'll judge him however I fucking well want. 

Nothing disingenuous whatsoever I don't even think you understand the meaning of the word, that or you're a humungous hypocrite. 

He is laughing all the way to the bank while his brainwashed fanboys ignore his bullshit and blatant racism and defend him while funding his lifestyle. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone but himself. 

You argue you’re not being disingenuous, then do the exact opposite in the same post. 

Comedy gold you.