You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

Kazakhstan have refused Russian request to send troops to support in Ukraine. Meanwhile Azerbaijan/Armenia conflict continues to bubble - Azerbaij; officials in Baku earlier this month publicly discussing erasing Armenian churches/religious sites. This is the CSTO world that Putin has created.

6 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Ok fuckface, chat shit season is over. 

Firstly, someone find this Maria bitch and chuck her into a volcano. 

Second, give fair warning to the Russian people that either they get their cunt president strung up, or we're going to leave a crater where their cities currently stand.  Also get the Pope to tell them they're all going to hell. 

Screenshot_20220226-000312.png

6 hours ago, SasaS said:

You don't need to be holding the Molotov. You have a million fucking soldiers. You are defending a city of 3 million people. You can use 10,000 buildings as fortifications. You have a fucking river flowing through the middle of the city. You can block the roads. You can hit armour not protected by infantry in the city from all directions with RPGs and light anti-tank artillery. You can use anti-tank mines, you can quickly pull them across the street if you tied them together, If the streets are narrow you can throw cumulative hand grenades from the roofs and balconies.

That is like basic training urban combat day one.

6 hours ago, SasaS said:

You don't need to use civilians as human shields, you move civilians out of the way towards the center of the town, to the shelters and cellars. You defend your lines, then you withdraw and hit them from the flanks if you can. You fight for every street, make them fight for every building if necessary. Especially if you have the manpower. I takes at least 3 times the number of defenders to take a big city. Even with total air dominance.

Do you have any kind of military training in UK, people? Has no one been in the army? Have you read anything about any military tactic?

This reminds me of the time when, as an 11 year old, I tried to win a competition in Battle comic, where you had to look at their ‘satellite’ map of enemy forces and list how you’d deploy your own to best effect.

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Playing fallout 3 prepared me for nuclear war so I'm good to go, it's you lads I feel sorry for.

If there's a nuclear war, I manage to be one of those that somehow manages to survive it and I go outside to see fucking deathclaws roaming around I'm definitely not going to be happy.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

If there's a nuclear war, I manage to be one of those that somehow manages to survive it and I go outside to see fucking deathclaws roaming around I'm definitely not going to be happy.

It's OK, you won't see them until it's too late, the jump scare bastards.

• Upvote 1

The Tory narrative seems to be to mock (fairly lightly at this stage I’ll grant them) the progress of the Russian invasion plan. Claiming they’re missing targets and failing to overcome local Ukrainian defences.

This might be true but it all feels a bit propagandarish to me. Makes me uncomfortable but I can’t really explain why. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SasaS said:

You don't need to use civilians as human shields, you move civilians out of the way towards the center of the town, to the shelters and cellars. You defend your lines, then you withdraw and hit them from the flanks if you can. You fight for every street, make them fight for every building if necessary. Especially if you have the manpower. I takes at least 3 times the number of defenders to take a big city. Even with total air dominance.

Do you have any kind of military training in UK, people? Has no one been in the army? Have you read anything about any military tactic?

This is one of the very few good things about a war.

It gives people an excuse to go on on the internet and post about it in the style of either a) a high ranking member of a mafia family or b) an expert in military operations.

Both of which are equally fucking hilarious.

• Upvote 2

I know it's not what some here want but several sources have been saying that Russia and Ukraine are prepared to talk about stopping the war and Ukraine being neutral. I don't know if that's still progressing or not but if lives can stop being lost on both sides and this war can stop before things start getting out of hand it'd be good.

Two main sources here (Reuters and CBS) :

Ukraine ready for talks with Russia on neutral status - official

Putin "ready" to negotiate with Ukraine over "neutral status"

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

It gives people an excuse to go on on the internet and post about it in the style of either a) a high ranking member of a mafia family or b) an expert in military operations.

If you finished the single player campaign for Modern Warfare 2 you're pretty much an expert.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SasaS said:

9 hours ago, SasaS said:

You don't need to be holding the Molotov. You have a million fucking soldiers. You are defending a city of 3 million people. You can use 10,000 buildings as fortifications. You have a fucking river flowing through the middle of the city. You can block the roads. You can hit armour not protected by infantry in the city from all directions with RPGs and light anti-tank artillery. You can use anti-tank mines, you can quickly pull them across the street if you tied them together, If the streets are narrow you can throw cumulative hand grenades from the roofs and balconies.

That is like basic training urban combat day one.

A4DA51FF-B002-4452-A074-BD0F0FC9E9D5.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

This reminds me of the time when, as an 11 year old, I tried to win a competition in Battle comic, where you had to look at their ‘satellite’ map of enemy forces and list how you’d deploy your own to best effect.

18 minutes ago, Mook said:

I apologize to you and the forum. Both of you obviously have vastly superior knowledge and experience to mine, more than amply evidenced in your well argued opinions on the actual matter at hand.